Old Baseball Rivalries

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
BigWave96744

Old Baseball Rivalries

Post by BigWave96744 »

Remember in the 80's and early 90's the Baseball team had some heated games against San Diego State and Georgia Tech..

A friend on the team used to tell us stories about the San Diego fans throwing "Piss" Balloons into the dug out... Fans there were like the Fresno St football fans.. (Wyokie, has Wyoming had any stories like that at SDSU?)

Also a couple of games against Georgia Tech featured some bench clearing brawls....

Does anyone know if Coach Trap was with Georgia Tech during those years??? I know he pitched for Oklahoma State and later went on the coaching staff at GTech but don't know the years..

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Old Baseball Rivalries

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:Remember in the 80's and early 90's the Baseball team had some heated games against San Diego State and Georgia Tech..

A friend on the team used to tell us stories about the San Diego fans throwing "Piss" Balloons into the dug out... Fans there were like the Fresno St football fans.. (Wyokie, has Wyoming had any stories like that at SDSU?)
Not that I'm aware of. You might post a message on the Wyoming board. I'm sure one of the older guys might know. BTW, the university dropped baseball after the 1996 season due to Title IX. A lot of Wyoming are still angry about that decision.

I've actually wondered if there has been any memorable baseball moments between Hawaii and Wyoming,

After UW dropped baseball, I've hated baseball since then.