Your Views on Mens Volleyball

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports

Is the Interest in Mens Vball Going Downhill

Yes
75%
No
13%
Don't Know, Don't Care
13%

Total votes: 8

BigWave96744

Your Views on Mens Volleyball

Post by BigWave96744 »

I tried watching the last two nights of Mens volleyball but found myself switching channels before the match ended...

And this was the Outrigger Invitational which usually draws 3 top teams (besides UH) and atleast 2 usually end up in the Final Four.... The attendence looked like a sparse 1500 at best....

Here's my take:
- What are there like 25 DIV I teams??? Big deal if they say so and so is in the top 20...
- Too much damn service errors
- No rallys (Serve, Dig, Kill/Roof/Error)
- Net is too damn low (guys are like 6'7'' - 6'9'' and the net is what, 8'?? Without even jumping the guys forearms are almost above the net)
- No charismatic star (ie Allen Allen, Pono Maa, Yuval Katz, Costa, etc..)
- No European Dudes from the Female Groupies (sorry but the girls don't seem to dig the South American/Puerto Rican/scruffy guys. Remember days with Aaron Wilton and crew needed to hide in the laundry containers else be mobbed by zealous fans)

I don't know, how you figgah :-?

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I use to be a pretty big men's volleyball fan, but I feel the same way. I wasn't excited about the game and I'm not even excited about the upcoming game against BYU. I really don't know what it is. UH men's volleyball was big the season we won the national title and that was before we won it. The next year, we road the wave of the season prior. I think the stripping of the titles and our appeal being rejected by the NCAA really took the wind out of our sails.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Maybe its because if we win a Naitonal Championship they're just going to take it away anyway because the NCAA hates Hawaii.