this years team 16

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Re: this years team

Post by kalua pig »

2-1 record could easily be 3-0 or 0-3.next game against north carolina will show us where we are at.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

seasider wrote:With 10 new faces on the roster and 5 new starters, this warrior’ squad so far has exceeded all my expectations.

Shooting % .444, while holding opponent’s % to .425; a respectable FT % of .742; out-rebounding opponents 35.45 to 32.64. At this point of season, the Bows’ TOs is their most glaring weakness; But, as the players get more comfortable playing with each other, TOs should be down by 10 or < per game versus the current average of 16.

Pluses:

Definitely Noah Allen and Sheriff Drammeh are bringing it, and showing they are both “go-to players”.

Allen, had minimal opportunities at USC to show-case his talents, but game-by-game as he gets more comfortable with a new system, the style of play, his teammates, and realizing he’s a main-cog on the team, look for his game to better and better.

Let’s not compare Drammeh to Rodrick Bobbitt, cause only Tom Henderson (NBA 1st rounder, played 10 plus years in the NBA) could do what he did as the “stealing machine” the last two years.
Drammeh (quick and very athletic) was recruited as a shooting guard, so he is still learning the position. I’d say he is more than doing a creditable job with 11 assists, shooting .559% (5 for 9) at the 3 point line, 17 for 22 FT for a .773%, 3 rebounds per game, playing solid defense-taking charges, challenging shoots. Definitely need to improve on his ASSIST to TOs ratio; but, IMHO he is doing a creditable job…Like Allen, he will improve game-by-game.

Gibson Johnson shooting at a .573 clip, and 5.7 rebound per game is doing a creditable job. That .573 shooting % underneath should be >.650 if it weren’t for all those missed layups. He is getting better game-by-game. He need to up his FT % because he will be getting more FT opportunities. That game winning shot underneath versus a 7 footer and future NBA center was awesome.

Jack Purchase is shooting at a .389 % (7 for 18) from the 3 point line, he is living up to his moniker “a stretch forward”…if he can do a little offensive damage underneath, that will only add to his game, and give the team another offensive threat.

Leland Green, saddled with foul trouble the first two games, could be another KEY offensive weapon. He has all the tools. Let’s see how well he fare versus the Tar Heels’ 4 and 5-Star recruits this coming Friday.

Ido Flaisher is 8 for 12 from the floor (.667%), is 8 for 11 from the charity line (.727%), is averaging 6 rebounds, and is averaging 8 points…those stats are based on 11.6 minutes played per game. I definitely think Flaisher, at this point of his career, has more upside than Haim Shimonovich. Ido with dedicated time in the weight room will only get stronger, and bigger without losing any quickness …he will be a load. He could be one of best Center to ever play for ‘Bows. I expect more PT coming his way.
I expect the same starting five this Friday versus the Tar Heels: Drammeh, Green, Allen, Purchase, and Johnson. If they can give the Tar Heels all they can handle for 40 minutes or at least be competitive for most of the game…this could be an enjoyable season for not only die-hard fans, but also for those sitting on the fence debating if it’s worth the drive to Manoa.
mahalo seasider.i love it.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

#5 north carolina in our sold out house.they are favored by 3 touchdowns and a field goal.lets see what we got.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Tough game for the Warriors - had the Tar Heels close until they broke away at the end. Imagine what this team can do with more experience, given the constraints of the damn NCAA ruling still pending.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

Any insider know why coach Ganot didn't play Ido Flaisher in the 2nd half...he was banging in the first half, but for some reason he didn't get of the pine in the 2nd half????

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

we were picked second to last in the big west.i feel like we are better than that.2-2 uh-hilo up next.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

noah allen looks like the real deal.gibson Johnson and jack purchase are playing as advertised.sheriff drammeh is much improved from last year.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Brocke Stepteau was amazing. Little guy gets it done at the point.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote:Brocke Stepteau was amazing. Little guy gets it done at the point.
he had a great game.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

north carolina moral victory leads to a slow start and loss against troy.3-3.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

ice cold from the 3 point line in the first halves of both games against troy and pine bluff.4-3 at home.seton hall in pearl harbor next.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Need more plays to hit those shots. We're looking like a lower-tier DI conference team

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Neighbor wrote:Need more plays to hit those shots. We're looking like a lower-tier DI conference team
let's see how the team shoots at bloch arena.the place is nothing like the stan sheriff.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i saw the spread on espn.seton hall is a 11.5 point favorite.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

seton hall wins by 11.we kept the game close but noah allen had a bad game and we don't have a true point guard.princeton next.they are favored by 10.