Flemmings status

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Rainbow Basketball Team
Post Reply
Message
Author
caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Flemmings status

#1 Post by caboman70 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 am

Anyone know what Flemmings status is??

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9797
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Flemmings status

#2 Post by uhwarriors » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 am

Sprained ankle, missed road trip.

User avatar
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 12493
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 pm
NFL: Denver Broncos
Location: Hawaii

Re: Flemmings status

#3 Post by xer 21 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Wont know til later. but it didnt sound like a high ankle sprain, which is a good sign.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

hilorain
Starter
Starter
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:09 pm
MLB: Cincinnati Reds
NFL: Oakland Raiders
Location: Hilo, HI

Re: Flemmings status

#4 Post by hilorain » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Star Advertiser reporting Fleming requested and received his release effective immediately.

User avatar
The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 3173
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:57 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos
Location: Da Mile HI City

Re: Flemmings status

#5 Post by The808Chef » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 am

Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:31 am

Re: Flemmings status

#6 Post by seasider » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:11 am

The808Chef wrote:Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Reportedly to concentrate on academics so he'll leave UH in good academic standing...that is not selfish at all.

Besides, he's in the dog house with the Head Coach, so he won't be seeing much of the hardwood...staying won't impact how the team performs.

User avatar
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 12493
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 pm
NFL: Denver Broncos
Location: Hawaii

Re: Flemmings status

#7 Post by xer 21 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:08 am

seasider wrote:
The808Chef wrote:Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Reportedly to concentrate on academics so he'll leave UH in good academic standing...that is not selfish at all.

Besides, he's in the dog house with the Head Coach, so he won't be seeing much of the hardwood...staying won't impact how the team performs.
He's leaving now so he can start looking. It is selfish, but its not dishonorable.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

User avatar
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 21112
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:33 pm

Re: Flemmings status

#8 Post by J-Rod » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:19 pm

It is what it is. As is with any new coaching regime, there will be players who weren't all that great in the previous regime that emerge as key players, and guys who were focal points of the previous regime that funnel out. Flemming is one of the latter. Hopefully Niko gets more of a shot now.

EITSwarrior
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Flemmings status

#9 Post by EITSwarrior » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.

User avatar
kalua pig
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 am
Location: inside you

Re: Flemmings status

#10 Post by kalua pig » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:11 pm

EITSwarrior wrote:Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.
transferring at this point in the season is not respectable to me.

EITSwarrior
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Flemmings status

#11 Post by EITSwarrior » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:16 pm

kalua pig wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.
transferring at this point in the season is not respectable to me.
Well he hasn't transferred yet, he just requested and was granted his release from the team. He's still in school completing his schoolwork.

gopunahou
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:50 am

Re: Flemmings status

#12 Post by gopunahou » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 pm

One thing is obvious: I'd hate for this to ruin the team's chemistry!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

I am Big Dog!
But you can call me STL79!
Or auffrey78!
Or auffrey79!
Oh well, what I really am is an elitist!

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9797
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Flemmings status

#13 Post by uhwarriors » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Isaac Fleming wrote:I have to do what's best for me!
That pretty much sums it up.

UnBiasFan
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:28 am

Re: Flemmings status

#14 Post by UnBiasFan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:57 am

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

a quote for the Twitter generation

EITSwarrior
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Flemmings status

#15 Post by EITSwarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

UnBiasFan wrote:"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

a quote for the Twitter generation
While I agree that people should be careful what they put on social media, I don't have a problem with someone defending ones self from "gossip" that's the masses believe to be fact, which I've seen all often unfortunately.

Was that the case in this instance? No, but I'm glad Flemming got ahead of the rumors and gossip by posting on Twitter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests