Bobbit is friggin amazing

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Bobbit is friggin amazing

Post by whirlygig5 »

BTW what part of my post did you think was ridiculous???

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

whirlygig5 wrote:BTW what part of my post did you think was ridiculous???
literally all of it.
whirlygig5 wrote:yea better yet lets get 5 guys who make good decisions and pass the ball, def have a winning team there,
first, sharing the ball and making good decisions (you literally criticized the nebulous idea of good decisions, which, in this case, also describes Valdes making good decisions on when he took his shots, taking good looks instead of unnecessarily contested shots) is almost always a good thing unless you're TRYING to force someone to play an iso game. and Valdes is not a good iso player.
whirlygig5 wrote: i said he needs to step it up and score more then 16-17 points a game for the team to be successful in the conference.
why does it have to be HIM scoring? if he scores 16-17 (above his average, btw), but his play opens up open looks for everyone else, isnt that better than him forcing up more shots so he can score more (which is what you're asking)? He had 11 assists last game: that's at least 22 points he facilitated in addition to his 17 points. Points are points, it doesnt matter where they come from.

Further, Valdes's best games scoring wise always came within the game flow with someone else setting him up. he NEEDS to stay in the game flow to play well, he is not so good that he can elevate himself above it. and game flow means that his scoring will fluctuate. he is not always going to be open, and sometimes he will be the center of attention defensively. it is not within his game to force things to work in those situations.
whirlygig5 wrote: You really want Bobbit to be the the highest scorer in every game they play???
i dont care who the leading scorer is. i care who wins. if bobbitt can keep hitting 50%+ on his threes, by all means, yes, let him keep shooting. he's earned the shots.
whirlygig5 wrote: or have like 10 point 7 assists and 3 steals a game? And Valdes having 20- 24 points a game???
so focused on stats as if that really matters WHO gets the assists and WHO gets the points as long as we make the play. what, are you playing fantasy basketball?
whirlygig5 wrote:Dunno if ya noticed but when Bobbit scores more points, he gets less steals a game.
so? i don't care about how many steals he gets, i care about winning. right now, the offense is running efficiently as it is, and Bobbit's defense is good even if he isnt getting as many steals. and three games does not a trend make. steals are a means to an end, and right now, we're getting to the same end of winning either way.
whirlygig5 wrote: And i Guarantee you they would be more successful with Valdes being the leading scorer on this team like has showed in the past, thats all I'm saying.
you're mistaking the symptom for the cause. Valdes routinely scores more when we're more successful BECAUSE we're collectively playing well in those games. We don't play better BECAUSE Valdes is scoring, Valdes is scoring bECAUSE we're playing better. He's Lance Stephenson.
whirlygig5 wrote:. But like all the people calling in the bobby curran and sports animals shows are saying, they're not saying "we need more triple doubles from Aaron to be successful in the conference" but we need his to score more.
because those people are experts. the same people who backed Chow.
whirlygig5 wrote:So if your completely satisfied with him scoring 16-17 points a game against conference opponents
if he keeps shooting this efficiently and it comes with a handful of assists, im ecstatic about that, even more so than if he were averaging 25 a game.
whirlygig5 wrote: but the team won't do as well unless someone else steps up like Flemming, or Smith,
name the 20 PPG scorers that Long Beach and UCI had the past few years...

oh, right, they never had. even Mike Caffey was around 17 at best. and only Al Williams ever breached the 20 PPG mark and he was a (very talented) offensive black hole.

so yes, the whole thing was ridiculous.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

well then if you think what i say is ridiculous, then you don't know much about basketball. Each player has a position to play. It's nice to see Bobbit the high scorer of a game every now and then but he's a point guard. He needs to get assists and in his case steals too. You used Spurs as an example earlier, if you look at them and their point guard Tony Parker he averages lil over 5 assists and game, he leads the team in that category becz he's the point guard, thats his position to distribute the basketball. Now he's 3rd on the team in scoring, his assists are only as good as his scoring ability, if he can prove he can score the assists will come. Now there 2 other guys on the team that lead this awesome spurs team in scoring. Those guys are the guys dependent to score like Valdes is. It doesn't always have to be Valdes but he has the most capability to do so like he's shown in other games, shoot i remember i think he had one game last year where he scored like 28 points in the first half alone. See the point guard position is probably the hardest one on the court even without scoring, now unless your steph curry, having to be the leading scorer while playing the point guard position would be to much to ask of Bobbit and thats why UH needs another player to step up and score more, now??? who do you think that person should be??? Smith? nope, Flemming?? maybe some games, Thomas??? nope hm......maybe Valdes...yes thats it. So hopefully you'll understand basketball a little better now that your educated in the sport. So learn stuff before to start typing stuff you don't understand

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

you're just rambling...ughh, if you think Valdes is best as a scorer, you have not watched him play. when he scores, it's because the game has opened up that way. if anyone on our team could be that dominant scorer role consistently, it's jankovic anyways, but we dont even NEED that.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

it's so funny watching this Cal Poly game on TV, Artie keeps saying Valdes has gotta get it going, he finally scored his first points after 15 minutes. xer21 you probably wanna yell at Artie saying "he's playing an awesome game, he's doesn't need to score, just pass and not force shots" you should apply for Arties job dude, you know basketball better then him. And no i don't think Valdes is the ONLY scorer on the team. But he can score right?? and it would help the team if he did right?? thats all I'm saying

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

both stop pls, thx. locked..