2016 DHC Field

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
All-American
All-American

2016 DHC Field

Post by 808 »

Anyone else think the field for 2016 is underwhelming?

Illinois State, San Diego State, San Francisco, Southern Miss, Stephen F. Austin, Tulsa, Utah and tournament host school Hawai'i.

The write-up says, "The 2016 edition of the classic features three teams that participated in the 2015 NCAA Tournament, including Utah who advanced to the Elite Eight and sits at No. 24 in the AP Top 25 poll. Stephen F. Austin and San Diego State also took part in last year's NCAA Tournament with SDSU advancing to the third round. Tulsa and Illinois State competed in postseason play as well at the 2015 NIT."

I would have thought after 7 years, they'd be able to get some bigger names for the 8th year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2016 DHC Field

Post by gopunahou »

As long as we can play Utah and beat them, I'm all for that.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2016 DHC Field

Post by My3Cats »

Back in the old days when the Rainbow Classic was going strong there weren't as many pre-season tournaments as there are now. Pretty tough to get the big boys out to play when they can go anywhere. And plenty stiff competition from the Maui tournament.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.