NCAA Penalties

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

NCAA Penalties

Post by ubercow »

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men ... lated-ncaa
Penalties and corrective actions imposed by the panel include:
  • A three-year probation period from Dec. 22, 2015, through Dec. 21, 2018.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former head coach from Dec. 22, 2015, through Dec. 21, 2018. If the former coach seeks employment at an NCAA member school, he must be suspended from all coaching duties for the first 30 percent of the season, not counting exhibition games. He must also attend an NCAA Regional Rules Seminar during each year he is employed by an NCAA school during the show-cause period.
  • A two-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach from Dec. 22, 2015, through Dec. 21, 2017. If he seeks employment at an NCAA member school, both the school and coach must appear before the committee to detail why his athletic duties should not be restricted.
  • A reduction of men’s basketball scholarships by two for a total of 11 during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. The university may receive credit towards the scholarship reduction for its self-imposed one scholarship reduction for the 2016-17 season.
  • A 2016-17 postseason ban for the men’s basketball program.
  • A vacation of wins in which the men’s basketball student-athletes participated while ineligible. The university will identify the games impacted following the release of the public report.
  • A prohibition of the men’s basketball staff from conducting on-campus prospect evaluations for the first five official visits of the 2015-16 academic year (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of the maximum number of countable athletic activity hours by one hour per week during the 2015-16 men’s basketball season (self-imposed by the university).
  • A $10,000 fine, self-imposed by the university, plus 1 percent of the total budget for the men’s basketball program over the previous three years, imposed by the panel.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: NCAA Penalties

Post by Irse »

And we fired that coach without cause and had to settle with him since it was without cause. Seems like we could have fired him with cause and saved the money.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UH also should fire Amanda Paterson who was UH's compliance officer at the time and was just recently promoted to assistant AD.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote:And we fired that coach without cause and had to settle with him since it was without cause. Seems like we could have fired him with cause and instead we paid him and wasted :evil: the money.
:oops: Sorry Irse man for showing probable cause to edit your statement.....BUT I"M PISSED OFF on this one! Curse you HAoles of the NCAA! :evil: :rocket: :exting: :argue:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
Irse wrote:And we fired that coach without cause and had to settle with him since it was without cause. Seems like we could have fired him with cause and instead we paid him and wasted :evil: the money.
:oops: Sorry Irse man for showing probable cause to edit your statement.....BUT I"M PISSED OFF on this one! Curse you HAoles of the NCAA! :evil: :rocket: :exting: :argue:
I don't see why we couldn't suspend him with pay until the findings came out or his contract ran out. That would have stopped him from coaching and not fire him and hence had to settle with him.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

can the mods turn off the language filter so we can call Gib what he really is?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

EITSwarrior wrote:UH also should fire Amanda Paterson who was UH's compliance officer at the time and was just recently promoted to assistant AD.
Fire them all including new AD. They are just too comfortable in their positions collecting paychecks. Sometimes you just need to clean house.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Should we also dump the BOR?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BV was on the news. UH will accept NCAA decision.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote:can the mods turn off the language filter so we can call Gib what he really is?
Yep, it all starts with him. Thanks for nothing Gib Arnold.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

poidog wrote:can the mods turn off the language filter so we can call Gib what he really is?
just FYI, you can turn that poop off in your user preferences. (person icon at top right > user control panel > board preferences > edit display options > Enable word censoring "no")
or just click here: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

I typically don't swear in posts, but put that word above so people can test their settings.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ubercow wrote:
just FYI, you can turn that poop off in your user preferences. (person icon at top right > user control panel > board preferences > edit display options > Enable word censoring "no")
or just click here: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

I typically don't swear in posts, but put that word above so people can test their settings.
9 years on the board and i'm only learning about this now. hilarious! thanks for the pro tip...

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

9 years? dang. has it been that long?
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

oh, I'm 10. I guess it has been that long.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Not to go way off topic but remember what the site use to look like?

http://web.archive.org/web/200312020809 ... awaii.com/

LOL do you also remember my, "True Dat Facts!"

-The hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a round ball with a round bat.
It is rumored that the same person said that the hardest thing to do as a sportsfan, is to check out the cheerleaders without getting caught by your girl!

-"If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Does that also apply to, "If a ref is out of position to make a call, he throws the flag and no one else in the stadium saw an infraction, was there a penalty?"

Confucious Say, "Man with one chopstick go hungry." ScottSportsHawaii Say, "Man who no shoot, no score."

Confucious Say, "He who throw dirt is losing ground." ScottSportsHawaii Say, "He who runs on 4th and long, should have dirt thrown at them."
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"