this years team 15

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: this years team

Post by poidog »

kalua pig wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
kalua pig wrote:tough loss on the road against texas tech.74-82.was following the game on my phone.we went up early and they pulled away late.lots of wistles.
:( Missed a good road opportunity win... ..we had TECH down early, and ball movement was fine...but, had habits are hard to break...shot selection....d-fence olay....tough to watch :oops:
not to use it as an excuse,but i read somewhere that the refs called a lot of fouls in the second half.
all the starters were in foul trouble with 10 minutes to go in the second half and the bench is already thin as it is. still, they didn't adjust well to TTU attacking the key and they went cold from the outside. still, they got outplayed by a power conference team on the road and it wasn't a blowout - when's the last time we could say that?

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

poidog wrote:
kalua pig wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
:( Missed a good road opportunity win... ..we had TECH down early, and ball movement was fine...but, had habits are hard to break...shot selection....d-fence olay....tough to watch :oops:
not to use it as an excuse,but i read somewhere that the refs called a lot of fouls in the second half.
all the starters were in foul trouble with 10 minutes to go in the second half and the bench is already thin as it is. still, they didn't adjust well to TTU attacking the key and they went cold from the outside. still, they got outplayed by a power conference team on the road and it wasn't a blowout - when's the last time we could say that?
+1

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

75-47 win over pine-bluff.winning by 28 in a ugly game.lots of whistles.i like the way ganot is resting his players.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

kalua pig wrote:75-47 win over pine-bluff.winning by 28 in a ugly game.lots of whistles.i like the way ganot is resting his players.
apb's offense was ugly as heck. at times it looked like watching UH vs a rec league team. team good some decent practice running half court O without bobbit, and even running zone a few times even tho their man was eating apb alive.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

ubercow wrote:
kalua pig wrote:75-47 win over pine-bluff.winning by 28 in a ugly game.lots of whistles.i like the way ganot is resting his players.
apb's offense was ugly as heck. at times it looked like watching UH vs a rec league team. team good some decent practice running half court O without bobbit, and even running zone a few times even tho their man was eating apb alive.
also enjoyed fleming buying into ganots coaching.i like this years team.

caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caboman70 »

Fleming needs more minutes, he can play, played well against Wichita St. last year and he'll bring up UH's free throw percentage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

caboman70 wrote:Fleming needs more minutes, he can play, played well against Wichita St. last year and he'll bring up UH's free throw percentage
fleming almost left the team because he wasn't a starter.he understands now.he will get his minutes.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

86-69 over uh hilo.jank sat out.bobbit didn't play much.valdes was on fire.fleming is coming on.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

83-71 over hpu.bobbit wearing flemings halloween costume as a drama queen so ganot made him sit.diamond head classic is up next.we got a long break.hope this years team can get on the same page.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

diamond head classic up next.northern iowa beat then #1 north carolina and #5 iowa st.long layoff for the 7-1 home team.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

should be some good games this week.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

nice win against northern iowa 68-52.#3 oklahoma up next.they beat down everybody they played.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

84-81 loss to #3 oklahoma.next up is auburn from the sec.this years team is 8-2.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

even though they didn't win, playing Oklahoma close and falling short may have been the best thing for them to keep them hungry and to push them to work harder. they tightened up at the end and gave the game away, but it will prepare them for the pressure of the conference tournament. I think we go dancing this year...

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote:even though they didn't win, playing Oklahoma close and falling short may have been the best thing for them to keep them hungry and to push them to work harder. they tightened up at the end and gave the game away, but it will prepare them for the pressure of the conference tournament. I think we go dancing this year...
Ganot has them playing really well. If they keep it up, the tournament is definitely not out of the question.