2015-2016 MBB Schedule Announced (8/28/15)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

2015-2016 MBB Schedule Announced (8/28/15)

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/201 ... ath=mbball

I'm not impressed, but for this year, I think you have to give him a pass on schedule quality. Ganot got a late start on completing the schedule, and they decided to cancel their participation in the Las Vegas tourney. The best game is Nevada in the Tip-Off marathon, but you have to stay up late to watch. The only other team with name recognition is Texas Tech on the road.

At least the Big West schedule seems reasonable. They come home after each 2-games on the mainland. Also seem to have some days between road and home. Only the last 2 games on the mainland, and then they have to go directly to the BW tourney.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year, when the play North Carolina. Maybe the NCAA will layout some big penalties on Carolina, and da Bows will have chance...

oneseason
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2015-2016 MBB Schedule Announced (8/28/15)

Post by oneseason »

I don't know about the pass. The rescheduling moved Wahine Volleyball matches, it added a $120K cancellation penalty, it sounds like it is leaving a one game hole in the schedule, and the competition doesn't seem to be improved. The negatives could be chalked up to inexperience, but Ganot (in a recent radio 1420 interview) says he was the guy doing scheduling for St. Mary's, and seems to imply that he knows what he is doing. I sensed confidence in Ganot's interview, and that is great as long as the season is a success and scheduling improves next year. However, if the season is a bust, Ganot's confidence will start looking like Chow's to me.