Opinion: No pay for play post season tournaments

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Opinion: No pay for play post season tournaments

Post by chawan_cut »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =296407721

So outgoing, fired, AD Ben Jay, made the decision awhile ago. He reaffirmed it after the loss Saturday in the championship game.
Way to take advantage of the interest level in this team and not even give it a thought. This team is much different than the other teams that played in those tournaments the other years. This team would've brought much more fans into the arena.
And how does the FIRED AD even have the rights and powers to make such decisions? He's short termed. He's probably gone as soon as the new AD is announced.
There was even a rumor that a private entity would've footed the $35K to play in it. So what's the loss there?
Hope the new AD isn't as useful as this one.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Opinion: No pay for play post season tournaments

Post by managerr »

Yup, I agree they would have gotten enough in attendance to cover losses this year.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

a credible source confirmed that BJ's lack of action is the exact reason why the wahine aren't hosting a WNIT game.

I guess we just have to accept that this year is gonna be a lame duck year for all of UH sports (especially football). hopefully not too many people give up on the program for good...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

poidog wrote:a credible source confirmed that BJ's lack of action is the exact reason why ...
We are where we are! UH is the BIG LOSER for having that guy hang around until JUNE! Who are we? Wyoming?! :lol: :lol: [-X :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden