Benji Taylor...Head Coach for UH Warriors next 3-5 yrs

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
hawaiian
High-quality H20 provider

Benji Taylor...Head Coach for UH Warriors next 3-5 yrs

Post by hawaiian »

He is the right fit right now!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Benji Taylor...Head Coach for UH Warriors next 3-5 yrs

Post by poidog »

tell us how you really feel, benjy!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

but, seriously... how about Benjy win two BWC games in a row before we talk about extending him, eh?

hawaiian

Post by hawaiian »

I'm ready to talk!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

hawaiian wrote:I'm ready to talk!
LOL x 10000

good job tonight!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

poidog wrote:
LOL x 10000

good job tonight!
:hello1: ....watching the team get hurt, made them fight even more! \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
poidog wrote:
LOL x 10000

good job tonight!
:hello1: ....watching the team get hurt, made them fight even more! \:D/
Hilarious how both of our "big men" had 4 fouls each and both were in the game at the same time, yet CSF kept bombing threes instead of trying to pound it inside and foul the JovanoJankovic out.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

It is amazing how low the bar is for UH basketball nowadays. I think a lot of fans are completely unaware of just how awful the Big West is. It is no coincidence that every non-UH team in the league plays in a high school gym...this is low-level basketball. I won't be vouching for any coach to be "the guy" the next 3-5 years until Hawaii is ruling this league Gonzaga style. Geez...back in the Wallace days, Big West opponents were glorified bye weeks. Now we get hyped up over a big win over UC-Riverside. I can't believe UH is even affiliated with these borderline JC's.

As for Benji, I applaud what he's done to help this team, but I want UH to distance themselves from the Arnold era as much as possible. Time to turn the page to a new chapter.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

J-Rod wrote:It is amazing how low the bar is for UH basketball nowadays. I think a lot of fans are completely unaware of just how awful the Big West is. It is no coincidence that every non-UH team in the league plays in a high school gym...this is low-level basketball. I won't be vouching for any coach to be "the guy" the next 3-5 years until Hawaii is ruling this league Gonzaga style. Geez...back in the Wallace days, Big West opponents were glorified bye weeks. Now we get hyped up over a big win over UC-Riverside. I can't believe UH is even affiliated with these borderline JC's.

As for Benji, I applaud what he's done to help this team, but I want UH to distance themselves from the Arnold era as much as possible. Time to turn the page to a new chapter.
I understand your points, but who is UH gonna get as the new HC with the situation that the basketball program faces and the overall state of the athletic department? Who in their right mind would come here? I'd stick with Coach Taylor cause I think with this young of a team, they would improve greatly in the coming seasons. If a new HC comes in, I don't see this squad sticking around or playing for a new HC.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

[quote="EITSwarrior]
I understand your points, but who is UH gonna get as the new HC with the situation that the basketball program faces and the overall state of the athletic department? Who in their right mind would come here? I'd stick with Coach Taylor cause I think with this young of a team, they would improve greatly in the coming seasons. If a new HC comes in, I don't see this squad sticking around or playing for a new HC.[/quote]

Despite all the problems, we BY FAR have the best facilities and highest salary in the Big West. I suspect a lot of young, hungry coaches would love to try to be a big fish in a small pond.

Nothing wrong with posting the job and seeing who applies. And if Taylor is still the best, we take him. Taylor isn't going to another D1 school with a middling Big West finish either.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

managerr wrote: Despite all the problems, we BY FAR have the best facilities and highest salary in the Big West. I suspect a lot of young, hungry coaches would love to try to be a big fish in a small pond.

Nothing wrong with posting the job and seeing who applies. And if Taylor is still the best, we take him. Taylor isn't going to another D1 school with a middling Big West finish either.
Completely agree. I think people would be surprised who applies, and let's not sell the program short. UH has more to work with than a lot of schools. The island alone will have assistants at big-named schools thinking they could make an impact here.

Frankly, I don't care if the entire team leaves if Benji isn't retained. Let them go. This team isn't winning big anyway. Besides, one excuse for letting Chow stay was supposedly he'll keep his solid recruiting class intact. So much for that. Just because Benji stays doesn't mean the annual exodus of Gib's players won't occur.

I want a fresh start for this program, and don't care if it means a rebuilding process begins. We play against a bunch of glorified junior colleges in the Big West anyway.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

J-Rod wrote:
managerr wrote: Despite all the problems, we BY FAR have the best facilities and highest salary in the Big West....
I want a fresh start for this program, and don't care if it means a rebuilding process begins. We play against a bunch of glorified junior colleges in the Big West anyway.
:roll: Yet, back in the days of Riley Wallace, we were waiting for the mass exodus....and I ain't seen it yet. We haven't made the best with our talent in place, and Benji is the first guy I've seen put something fresh on the court....just my 2 cents. :read:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

I'm sorry but please no Coach Taylor. There is no way you can convince me that he was not a part of the violations that have put us in a tough situation.
As for the teams success I think that has more to do with a very weak schedule than anything else.
Our signature win is Pittsburgh in which we caught them in a classic trap game before a tournament right after traveling in a super small gym.
Others signature wins Colorado is 12-14
Nebraska is 13-14 and just got blown out by Iowa. Missing their top scorer
I think we see these recognizable names and chalk them up as big wins when these teams are struggling in reality.
The rest of our pre-season wins have been against teams that are not quite same level which is really hard to do considering our conference is weak.
We have entered conference play and are right in the middle of the pack again.
Then we look at the technicals, the weed situation that had no resolution and you have to wonder is this the best representation of our School?
You follow that up with a gambling defense which can be fun to watch at times but has zero backside help and discipline as well as no half court offense, I'm sorry but we must be able to do better.
I know people feel like our situation will make it tough to find the right person, but I still think we shouldn't settle. Maybe keeping Taylor sentiments are more of a reflection on our view of the AD situation and not trusting them to do the right thing. I can see that. But our current situation has the inmates running the asylum. Surely we can do better.
Let's Go Bows

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

noasark2x2 wrote:I'm sorry but please no Coach Taylor. There is no way you can convince me that he was not a part of the violations that have put us in a tough situation.
As for the teams success I think that has more to do with a very weak schedule than anything else.
Our signature win is Pittsburgh in which we caught them in a classic trap game before a tournament right after traveling in a super small gym.
Others signature wins Colorado is 12-14
Nebraska is 13-14 and just got blown out by Iowa. Missing their top scorer
I think we see these recognizable names and chalk them up as big wins when these teams are struggling in reality.
The rest of our pre-season wins have been against teams that are not quite same level which is really hard to do considering our conference is weak.
We have entered conference play and are right in the middle of the pack again.
Then we look at the technicals, the weed situation that had no resolution and you have to wonder is this the best representation of our School?
You follow that up with a gambling defense which can be fun to watch at times but has zero backside help and discipline as well as no half court offense, I'm sorry but we must be able to do better.
I know people feel like our situation will make it tough to find the right person, but I still think we shouldn't settle. Maybe keeping Taylor sentiments are more of a reflection on our view of the AD situation and not trusting them to do the right thing. I can see that. But our current situation has the inmates running the asylum. Surely we can do better.

Sadly that is what I am watching right now. No discipline, no offense, no backside help. Taking bad shots then not getting back on defense. What I am seeing I would expect to see in the first game of the season. To make it worse there is no hustle. They look like they are jogging.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Who wants another coach now?