Same Ole Rainbow Warriors

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Same Ole Rainbow Warriors

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

I don't want to be negative because Benjy Taylor has exceeded all of my expectations. Coming into this year everybody thought UH was done after the departure of Isaac Fotu and the firing of Gib Arnold. Taylor has done a good job, not a great job but a good job. I say good because the Bows are still the same team in conference as last year. The Bows always fail in conference play. They never are consistent for a whole season. There should be no excuse to losing to these Big West teams when beating Colorado, Nebraska and Pittsburgh and almost beating the eleventh ranked team in Witchita State. The fans always are making excuses. "Oh Cal Poly was expected, Cal Poly is underrated by the nation", cut the BS, Cal Poly lost to CSUN tonight. Whether or not it is Taylor or Arnold the Bows can't get over the culture of having terrible conference play here at the Unniversity of Hawaii at Manoa's Men's Basketball program. When will the Bows ever learn. It's a shame.

Another thing that makes me upset is the decision to put Dybre Enos into the game for the last thirty seconds. It's ridiculous. You can't expect Enos who hasn't played the whole game to check into the game with thirty seconds and hit a three pointer. That's poor coaching.

Quincy Smith surprised me today. Not a fan of his play but definitely was a different player tonight. 3/5 from the field, 2/2 from the free throw line (Finally, it's a miracle) and a three pointer. I hope this is the beginning of Q finding confidence in his shot, probably not because Q passed up an open three pointer and when his defender closed out he decided to take a constructed three pointer. Q still has basketball IQ problems...but definitely improved his game tonight.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Same Ole Rainbow Warriors

Post by gopunahou »

The lack of posts here in the past week seems to indicate that fans here have given up on the team. Could you blame them? This looks like a lost season after so much promise. While this team can still turn it around and get hot, 2-3 in a stretch where four of the five games are at home is UNACCEPTABLE! This team's already lost as many conference games as I thought they would for the year. The inconsistency that's plagued this team since 2002 continues!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote:The lack of posts here in the past week seems to indicate that fans here have given up on the team. Could you blame them? This looks like a lost season after so much promise. While this team can still turn it around and get hot, 2-3 in a stretch where four of the five games are at home is UNACCEPTABLE! This team's already lost as many conference games as I thought they would for the year. The inconsistency that's plagued this team since 2002 continues!
Well said, gopunahou :hello1: ....man, I can't figure this team out. When they're focus and attacking on the defensive side of the ball, this team just rolls....... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

gopunahou wrote:The lack of posts here in the past week seems to indicate that fans here have given up on the team. Could you blame them? This looks like a lost season after so much promise. While this team can still turn it around and get hot, 2-3 in a stretch where four of the five games are at home is UNACCEPTABLE! This team's already lost as many conference games as I thought they would for the year. The inconsistency that's plagued this team since 2002 continues!
We've really given up interest in basketball, huh? There's not even any mention of the latest controversy in any of the active threads.
I am the one who knocks.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

808Hawaii wrote:
We've really given up interest in basketball, huh? There's not even any mention of the latest controversy in any of the active threads.
I think people are catatonic already when it comes to basketball controversy... I bet Benjy wishes he took that first offer of $190k!

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

3 early losses in conference basically means season's basically over--except for the Big West Tournament, which will likely decide the fate of the team, and perhaps even Taylor.