Basketbows vs. UC Riverside 1/17/15

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Basketbows vs. UC Riverside 1/17/15

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Bows on the road vs. UC Riverside. Riverside is 8-8 overall and 1-1 in BWC. (they play against UC Davis on 1/15/15). 7-1 @ Home. 1-7 @ Road. They W against CS Fullerton 87-78 OT and L to UC Irvine 55-69. Top scorers are Taylor Johns 17.1 PPG (51% shooting) and Jaylen Blands 14.3 PPG (38.6% shooting and avgs 3.0 3-PTs per G).

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Basketbows vs. UC Riverside 1/17/15

Post by ubercow »

it's being shown today on ESPNU, 6:30pm HST. I think it's Hawaii's first 'official' away game of the year, with the other road games being tournaments, and that game at byu's not-so-neutral-site.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Surprised in Quncy Smiths play today and congrats to him on at three pointer. I hope this is a start to him finding confidence in his jump shot. I'm glad he isn't turning over he ball recklessly today too.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote:it's being shown today on ESPNU, 6:30pm HST. I think it's Hawaii's first 'official' away game of the year, with the other road games being tournaments, and that game at byu's not-so-neutral-site.
8) On EPSNU-in HD was nice to watch...but what a bummer....they let this game and opportunity to win one on the road get away. :x Should have ,could have, but STILL DIDN"T! :evil: :evil: frustrating lost! :-?
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
ubercow wrote:it's being shown today on ESPNU, 6:30pm HST. I think it's Hawaii's first 'official' away game of the year, with the other road games being tournaments, and that game at byu's not-so-neutral-site.
8) On EPSNU-in HD was nice to watch...but what a bummer....they let this game and opportunity to win one on the road get away. :x Should have ,could have, but STILL DIDN"T! :evil: :evil: frustrating lost! :-?
the refs made it look like a home court advantage during this game......they were letting them play, questionable fouls weren't called, then under a minute, UCR inbounder under our basket steps on the line before calling a time out......no call, should have been our ball........right after the timeout, Q pokes a ball out of bounds and gets called for a foul (just saying if you gonna call it loose all game, this was not a foul)..........we were only down by one at this point.......

we also made stupid mistakes, like hanging on the rim technical........oh well, hope espn picks up another game so they can watch us win instead

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

So it just gets worse and worse for UH.
Hope this turns out to be false, we don't need any more negativity at this time or ever.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =289892721