Q

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Q

Post by whirlygig5 »

love the team love the coach love the excitement, but pls pls coach don't put in Quincy Smith, he just turns the ball over jand just charges

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Q

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Never was a fan of Quincy Smith either. He's decent at best and his play is to reckless. He's such an overrated scorer, that's the only reason why he is on the floor too because he is obviously a definsive liability. What also makes me roll my eyes at Q is the fact that he can't shoot free throws...he's a 47% free throw shooter as a shooting guard. Pathetic. Not to mention he can't even finish in transition. THE EASIEST BASKETS IN THE WOLRD HE MISSES!!! Him and Mike Thomas.

I would much rather play Niko Filipovch because he seemed explosive on offense in his three minutes off the bench against Southern. Or even the poor shot selector Brandon Jawato because he can at least space the floor, Smith isn't a three point shooter.

My question is how do you beat Pitt, Nebraska, Colorado and almost beat #15 ranked Witchita State but lose to Cal Poly at home... It makes no sense at all. Benjy Taylor is an overrated coach, he is just like Gib Arnold, he will not lead the Rainbow Warriors to a good conference play. This team has potential to make the NCAA Torunament but they're poorly coached.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

IFeelThat¿ wrote:Never was a fan of Quincy Smith either. He's decent at best and his play is to reckless. He's such an overrated scorer, that's the only reason why he is on the floor too because he is obviously a definsive liability. What also makes me roll my eyes at Q is the fact that he can't shoot free throws...he's a 47% free throw shooter as a shooting guard. Pathetic. Not to mention he can't even finish in transition. THE EASIEST BASKETS IN THE WOLRD HE MISSES!!! Him and Mike Thomas.

I would much rather play Niko Filipovch because he seemed explosive on offense in his three minutes off the bench against Southern. Or even the poor shot selector Brandon Jawato because he can at least space the floor, Smith isn't a three point shooter.

My question is how do you beat Pitt, Nebraska, Colorado and almost beat #15 ranked Witchita State but lose to Cal Poly at home... It makes no sense at all. Benjy Taylor is an overrated coach, he is just like Gib Arnold, he will not lead the Rainbow Warriors to a good conference play. This team has potential to make the NCAA Torunament but they're poorly coached.
A) he's not and never has been a shooting guard.
B) if you really think Filipovich's brief time pegs him as explosive compared to Q, you need to go watch practice.
C) the reffing in this game cost us the game.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

xer 21 wrote:
IFeelThat¿ wrote:Never was a fan of Quincy Smith either. He's decent at best and his play is to reckless. He's such an overrated scorer, that's the only reason why he is on the floor too because he is obviously a definsive liability. What also makes me roll my eyes at Q is the fact that he can't shoot free throws...he's a 47% free throw shooter as a shooting guard. Pathetic. Not to mention he can't even finish in transition. THE EASIEST BASKETS IN THE WOLRD HE MISSES!!! Him and Mike Thomas.

A) he's not and never has been a shooting guard.
B) if you really think Filipovich's brief time pegs him as explosive compared to Q, you need to go watch practice.
C) the reffing in this game cost us the game.
A) Sorry I was wrong, I thought he does play both the one and two coming off the bench. Either way that's not the point. If you claim he doesn't play shooting guard then he must play point guard and he STILL CANT SHOOT FREE THROWS. Your point A actually hurt yourself a bit because Point Guards ARENT supoose to be turnover machines and they're suppse to hit free throws in their sleep.

B) I'm confident in saying Filipovich is a better shooter than Smith. Filipovich has a mid range game, Smith does not. Smith rarley shoots actually. Smith only made two three point field goals this whole season. Smith constantly misses 100% wide open lay ups In transition... that I'm certain even Enos can make. Thus making him more explosive on offense.

C) Only losers blaim refs for the games they lost. IT IS NEVER REFS FAULT FOR A LOST GAME. Don't give me that BS. It's the Rainbow Warriors fault they loss. 11 turnovers. Bobbit turned the ball over in clutch time where the game was tied then for a potential game tying possession Smith turned the ball over. UH's fault they lost, don't be a poor sport please. This isn't even debatable. Their poor coaching lost them the game, not the refs...e ignorance of some people I swear
Last edited by IFeelThat¿ on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Oh yes and may I also add that the Warriors were 16-23 from the line tonight...if they would've make all of the, they actually would've won.... Thus proving my point it's UH's own fault they lost.

And to revise myself UH actually had 14 turnovers....and Smith had 4 of them in only 15 minutes of play

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

AND WAIT A SECOND!!!!! I was watching the tape and Smith was indeed playing Shooting Guard in the final minutes of the game. Isaac Fleming and Bobbit were running the point, Oh xer21 you keeping setting yourself up for more failure :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Cal Polys zone trap really messed with UH's mind. CP knows to use their bodies to trap and not get the reach-in fouls, all the UH guards struggled to step thru the trap or had to throw floater passes to get over the trap. Then to try and beat the trap, UH would throw bad passes into the lane. Q had a bad one, but Rod had a bad one at the end of OT. Bengy is rotating Q in an out for his perimeter defense cuz he has quick hands. UH gambled too much going for steals, which allowed CP to drive in which force them to rotate and #34 got all chippies when Stefan, Janks and Thomas had to rotate to cut off the basket.

I think the double technicals early in the first half kind of put UH in a funk. I think because of the early T, Issac had to dial it down. Also because UH missed so many early shots they gave up the perimeter and tried to go inside which played into CP's zone.

I didn't like the refs. I can't remember any glaring mistakes, but they just seemed inconsistent in what body contact was allowed.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:Cal Polys zone trap really messed with UH's mind.....

I didn't like the refs. I can't remember any glaring mistakes, but they just seemed inconsistent in what body contact was allowed.
:o I counted 6 missed traveling calls, and the guards(#5 and 10) was using his left arm to push off!!!

But.....you're right Ulchiro5ga.....they were VERY inconsistent with the contact fouls! :x
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

IFeelThat¿ wrote: B) I'm confident in saying Filipovich is a better shooter than Smith.
based on what?
IFeelThat¿ wrote: Filipovich has a mid range game, Smith does not. Smith rarley shoots actually. Smith only made two three point field goals this whole season.
you're judging this based off of the...oh, wait, you're giving quincy crap for not shooting much to base him not being a good shooter, but we're going to make a full assessment of Niko's game based on his 9 total shots he's taken this year? and you're going to call him a better 3 shooter when he's 27% in his small sample size?

that's not fair and you know it.
IFeelThat¿ wrote: \Smith constantly misses 100% wide open lay ups In transition

quincy has shot 43% on the year. that's not that bad. and if you're going to whine about all the blown layups (there really arent that many) nevels, valdes and fleming have all had their gaffes on the fast break.
IFeelThat¿ wrote: Thus making him more explosive on offense.
lets ignore that we've never even seen niko take a layup in game.

targets.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:
IFeelThat¿ wrote: B) I'm confident in saying Filipovich is a better shooter than Smith.
based on what?
IFeelThat¿ wrote: Filipovich has a mid range game, Smith does not. Smith rarley shoots actually. Smith only made two three point field goals this whole season.
you're judging this based off of the...oh, wait, you're giving quincy crap for not shooting much to base him not being a good shooter, but we're going to make a full assessment of Niko's game based on his 9 total shots he's taken this year? and you're going to call him a better 3 shooter when he's 27% in his small sample size?

quincy has shot 43% on the year. that's not that bad. and if you're going to whine about all the blown layups (there really arent that many) nevels, valdes and fleming have all had their gaffes on the fast break.
"based on what?"

Scouting Reports from Warrior Insider. You can look them up on google if you want to. Not sure if Niko and Quincy still have their scouting reports still on there since they were from two seasons ago. So don't think I am pulling crap out of no where because I actually no what I am talking about sir.

"you're judging this based off of the...oh, wait, you're giving quincy crap for not shooting much to base him not being a good shooter, but we're going to make a full assessment of Niko's game based on his 9 total shots he's taken this year? and you're going to call him a better 3 shooter when he's 27% in his small sample size?

that's not fair and you know it."

It actually is fair... Here is where I see your lack of knowledge in the game of basketball. Quincy doesn't shoot much because he isn't confident in his shot. A good shooter is confident in his jumpshot. Quincy actually has a set shot which is terrible. Thus making Quincy Smith not a good shooter. Not to mention all of the games I've seen Quincy Smith play where he passed on WIDE open opportunities for mid range shots and even some three pointers...It is fair and admit Quincy Smith isn't a good shooter.

"quincy has shot 43% on the year. that's not that bad. and if you're going to whine about all the blown layups (there really arent that many) nevels, valdes and fleming have all had their gaffes on the fast break. "

I am aware of everybody else you idiot...I've mention Mike Thomas in my first reply. I'm assuming you can't read. You bring up Quincy shoots 43% from the field but I want you to pull up his field goal percentage on fastbreak....yeah buddy that's not going to help you. You're taking statistics out of context.

"lets ignore that we've never even seen niko take a layup in game."

When I was talking about Niko being more explosive on offense I was talking about his overall game. Not whether or not he is explosive taking the ball up to the rim... and actually we have seen Niko take a layup in a game... and it actually was an AND 1 against Southern...so you're hurting yourself even more... :hello1:

Finally I like how you left out everything else I said. Like about your shooting guard argument and how the refs "lost" UH the game. I am going to assume you don't have any responses to those either. Good game sir check mate.
Last edited by caleyear01 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

Oh sorry I noticed I am logged into my old account instead of my new one on my old laptop, either way I made my point and xer 21 got rekt

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

caleyear01 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
based on what?

"based on what?"

Scouting Reports from Warrior Insider. You can look them up on google if you want to. Not sure if Niko and Quincy still have their scouting reports still on there since they were from two seasons ago. So don't think I am pulling crap out of no where because I actually know what I am talking about sir.

"you're judging this based off of the...oh, wait, you're giving quincy crap for not shooting much to base him not being a good shooter, but we're going to make a full assessment of Niko's game based on his 9 total shots he's taken this year? and you're going to call him a better 3 shooter when he's 27% in his small sample size?

that's not fair and you know it."

It actually is fair... Here is where I see your lack of knowledge in the game of basketball. Quincy doesn't shoot much because he isn't confident in his shot. A good shooter is confident in his jumpshot. Quincy actually has a set shot which is terrible. Thus making Quincy Smith not a good shooter. Not to mention all of the games I've seen Quincy Smith play where he passed on WIDE open opportunities for mid range shots and even some three pointers...It is fair and admit Quincy Smith isn't a good shooter.

"quincy has shot 43% on the year. that's not that bad. and if you're going to whine about all the blown layups (there really arent that many) nevels, valdes and fleming have all had their gaffes on the fast break. "

I am aware of everybody else you idiot...I've mention Mike Thomas in my first reply. I'm assuming you can't read. You bring up Quincy shoots 43% from the field but I want you to pull up his field goal percentage on fastbreak....yeah buddy that's not going to help you. You're taking statistics out of context.

"lets ignore that we've never even seen niko take a layup in game."

When I was talking about Niko being more explosive on offense I was talking about his overall game. Not whether or not he is explosive taking the ball up to the rim... and actually we have seen Niko take a layup in a game... and it actually was an AND 1 against Southern...so you're hurting yourself even more... :hello1:

Finally I like how you left out everything else I said. Like about your shooting guard argument and how the refs "lost" UH the game. I am going to assume you don't have any responses to those either. Good game sir check mate.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:Oh sorry I noticed I am logged into my old account instead of my new one on my old laptop, either way I made my point and xer 21 got rekt
no, i didnt. you're talking about watching highlight videos of practice to prove a point.

are you serious?

go watch the FULL practices. regularly. then maybe you could compare the two. but you cant.

you're still basing his offensive ability in garbage time. that's a joke. go watch them in practice. i'll take quincy's drives to the bucket over an inconsistent 3 shooter at this stage. Niko is still very raw.

and why the hell do you need two accounts huh? we all know its you anyways.

targets.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:Oh sorry I noticed I am logged into my old account instead of my new one on my old laptop, either way I made my point and xer 21 got rekt
no, i didnt. you're talking about watching highlight videos of practice to prove a point.

are you serious?

go watch the FULL practices. regularly. then maybe you could compare the two. but you cant.

you're still basing his offensive ability in garbage time. that's a joke. go watch them in practice. i'll take quincy's drives to the bucket over an inconsistent 3 shooter at this stage. Niko is still very raw.

and why the hell do you need two accounts huh? we all know its you anyways.
theyre scouting reports....

And stop ignoring the rest of my posts....why aren't you replying

Admit you lost your narcissistic ignorant person

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Why is xer21 keep going on with the post when he keeps putting off his other arguments...does this guy know when he loses an argument or is he too narcissistic to understand