Benjy Taylor money problems...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Benjy Taylor money problems...

Post by poidog »

Did anyone else see that Hawaii News Now story? This thing gets stranger every day...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Benjy Taylor money problems...

Post by madeinhawaii »

There was a thread on him regarding some questionable character issues. So, when UH named him the interim Head coach, I was floored. No matter what the situation, he shouldn't have been made interim HEAD coach.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2732 ... g-uh-coach

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

madeinhawaii wrote:There was a thread on him regarding some questionable character issues. So, when UH named him the interim Head coach, I was floored. No matter what the situation, he shouldn't have been made interim HEAD coach.

Yeah I heard about the money stuff over a year ago, but I never thought it would go public. The big question is, who leaked the info, and why? I have my suspicions...

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

there were rumors on various message boards, someone just had to snoop.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

poidog wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:There was a thread on him regarding some questionable character issues. So, when UH named him the interim Head coach, I was floored. No matter what the situation, he shouldn't have been made interim HEAD coach.

Yeah I heard about the money stuff over a year ago, but I never thought it would go public. The big question is, who leaked the info, and why? I have my suspicions...
C'mon now. Isn't it obvious? THE EX! HELLO?!! If you have to ask who would release such information, it's obvious that you've never gone through divorce proceedings. Sheis trying to get what's due to her. Yeah, I've been dragged through a divorce so it's obvious to me.

KHNL reported that Benjy is behind about $12K in back child support, over $30K to the IRS, and had credit card debt of over $20K his ex had to pay. Also reported that he was making $110K and will probably get a bump in pay. BJ released a statement that said he still supports Benjy. I have to ask, how are we supposed to be able to support a program led by a guy like Benjy? If the program is led by a guy with no integrity, the program has no integrity. This serves as further proof that BJ has to go.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Hmmm, no mention of this in the Staradvertiser. Strange.
I am the one who knocks.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Who knows the UH hiring process? HNNews said UH conducted criminal background check when initially hired but no financial check. Not sure every employer conducts both criminal/financial checks. After they fired Gib & Akana, they were stuck as to who to appoint as Acting or Interim coach. Taylor had been with the program since Gib was hired. Taylor had been a HC with Chicago St. Senque Carey only started this year, and has only been an assistant. All other assistants quit earlier in the year, and there is no one else left. If they brought in Riley or Jackson or somebody off the street, I think all players would have left. Eventually the ex-wife and IRS will take him court and garnish his wages. I think its HNN and Keoki Kerr just doing more muckraking, as usual...

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

Well, this explains why Riley Wallace was considered...
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BJ turned his back on women by supporting this dead beat dad.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If he is not paying to support his kids, and he is not paying his rent, what the F*** is Benjy doing with his salary? Drugs? Gambling? Women (not his wife)? More drama for UH.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.