Fotu ruled ineligible

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
All-American
All-American

Fotu ruled ineligible

Post by 808 »

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Fotu ruled ineligible

Post by EITSwarrior »

If he's ruled ineligible for what I heard it's for, then that's bullshit.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Such a shame :cry:

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

EITSwarrior wrote:If he's ruled ineligible for what I heard it's for, then that's bullshit.
its the ipad.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Hmmmmmm!.....Todd Gurley made $3,000 signing memorabilia and gets suspended four games ,still gets to play Auburn,could play in the SEC championship game ,a bowl game ,maybe even the 4-team playoff.

Fotu gets an Ipad and is ineligible.

I would say that is unfair and unequal punishment.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

P5 players can get stipends but we can't get an iPad.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

unpaid wrote:Hmmmmmm!.....Todd Gurley made $3,000 signing memorabilia and gets suspended four games ,still gets to play Auburn,could play in the SEC championship game ,a bowl game ,maybe even the 4-team playoff.

The NCAA will make examples of weak teams but will back down against stronger teams. UH is very weak. We don't have money to defend ourselves.
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Keeping it local. So Iosefa gets a DUI and is suspended for three games, but Fotu gets an iPad, allegedly, and is out for the year. Yeah real logical their NCAA. Not to mention you got douchebag Winston at FSU doing something stupid every time he wakes up in the morning and yet still nothing.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

He won't be out for the year (unless he received way more than that).

He'll have to prove he paid back the item and then appeal for reinstatement and he'll be back.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

EITSwarrior wrote:Keeping it local. So Iosefa gets a DUI and is suspended for three games, but Fotu gets an iPad, allegedly, and is out for the year. Yeah real logical their NCAA. Not to mention you got douchebag Winston at FSU doing something stupid every time he wakes up in the morning and yet still nothing.
Iosefa was was suspended by Chow, not the NCAA, and the ipad counts as paying a player, so its still worse regardless.

targets.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote:Keeping it local. So Iosefa gets a DUI and is suspended for three games, but Fotu gets an iPad, allegedly, and is out for the year. Yeah real logical their NCAA. Not to mention you got douchebag Winston at FSU doing something stupid every time he wakes up in the morning and yet still nothing.
Yes, the NCAA cares more about its own rule book than it does about actual laws. This is not news.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

unpaid wrote:Hmmmmmm!.....Todd Gurley made $3,000 signing memorabilia and gets suspended four games ,still gets to play Auburn,could play in the SEC championship game ,a bowl game ,maybe even the 4-team playoff.

Todd Gurley told the truth up front. Maybe that is why he gets to come back sooner rather than later. Had he lied at first he would still be playing football like the other players that were called out for making money signing things. Now that he was truthful he sits on the sidelines waiting to get back in.

Maybe, just maybe, Fotu wasn't forthcoming at first. We will find out as soon as the NCAA comes back with what they found out. I heard the NCAA doubles the punishment for not telling the truth and getting caught.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:

Todd Gurley told the truth up front. Maybe that is why he gets to come back sooner rather than later. Had he lied at first he would still be playing football like the other players that were called out for making money signing things. Now that he was truthful he sits on the sidelines waiting to get back in.

Maybe, just maybe, Fotu wasn't forthcoming at first. We will find out as soon as the NCAA comes back with what they found out. I heard the NCAA doubles the punishment for not telling the truth and getting caught.
Todd Gurley plays for Georgia, a powerful P5 team that's threatening to secede from the NCAA. So did Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M). Fotu? He plays for a Big West team. The NCAA can bully UH and make an example out of us.
I am the one who knocks.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

808Hawaii wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:

Todd Gurley plays for Georgia, a powerful P5 team that's threatening to secede from the NCAA. So did Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M). Fotu? He plays for a Big West team. The NCAA can bully UH and make an example out of us.
no, Fotu lied to the NCAA. Gurley didnt.

targets.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

xer 21 wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote: Todd Gurley told the truth up front. Maybe that is why he gets to come back sooner rather than later. Had he lied at first he would still be playing football like the other players that were called out for making money signing things. Now that he was truthful he sits on the sidelines waiting to get back in.

no, Fotu lied to the NCAA. Gurley didnt.
And Manziel threatened to sue the NCAA. The NCAA backed down.
I am the one who knocks.