Call the Coach 10/14/14

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Call the Coach 10/14/14

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

- Gib said this is most athletic team he's had. All five players he puts on the court can shot the 3. In practice, their zone looks bad because the opposite team can all shot. This year's team should score. Even his bigs can shot the 3 pt.

- Said he has a choice of PG. Quincy has the experience and has improved, but Niko is showing improvement and is vocal. Newcomers Fleming and Bobbit are good too. Derby Enos has worked on his ball handling too.

- Still have people hurt, but if needed Fotu could play now, he just wants to rest him.

- Big West will be competitive, because all the upper teams have alot of returning starters.

- He was leaving to the airport after the show to recruit. He's following a kid in LA for the past couple of years. Only has one senior this year, Nevels.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Call the Coach 10/14/14

Post by xer 21 »

from what i've seen, this is all fairly true. we ARE much more athletic at all positions, and the bigs CAN shoot.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Here's another recap, by Brian McInnis: http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/court-sen ... ch-rewind/

And excerpts from Dayton Morinaga: http://www.warriorinsider.com/2014/10/e ... the-coach/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

xer 21 wrote:from what i've seen, this is all fairly true. we ARE much more athletic at all positions, and the bigs CAN shoot.
:o Gee, this sounds like a broken record...but don't we say this every year to the start of BBall? :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:from what i've seen, this is all fairly true. we ARE much more athletic at all positions, and the bigs CAN shoot.
:o Gee, this sounds like a broken record...but don't we say this every year to the start of BBall? :-
to be fair, its been pretty much true, for the past few years. we ARE consistently getting more athletic.

athleticism does not directly produce success.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Sounds like we'll lose Fotu. We are in deep Kaka.
I am the one who knocks.