MBB Big West Tourney Results - Day 1

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: MBB Big West Tourney Results - Day 1

Post by reignjah11 »

xer 21 wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:^hawaii was stupid for fouling him when they had the 3pt lead. Should have let it play out, maybe they get a turnover. Instead you give them 2 free points witout no clock being used by fouling their best ft shooter right away. Even the final play of regulation why was shamburger taking that shot?
you'd really let greene sprint up and shoot another step back over quincy after he just made 4 straight threes in like 4 minutes, all on step backs? really?
Yes because it keeps the clock running. Let him take a contested 3, worst that could happen they tie. Had he missed though and hawaii got the rebound, northridge likely foul immediately and put hawaii on the line. We make at least 1 ft and its a 2 possession game.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

xer 21 wrote:
poidog wrote:
xer 21 wrote:you'd really let greene sprint up and shoot another step back over quincy after he just made 4 straight threes in like 4 minutes, all on step backs? really?
you're really arguing in support of the "foul with 17 seconds left" strategy? good grief.
i think its only stupid because it was a gamble that failed. i dont think it was necessarily a stupid decision. just a gamble. if Sham hadnt stepped/been pushed out of bounds on the inbounds, we would not be debating this right now.
By fouling when they did, hawaii wanted to turn it into a free throw match. Not a wise gamble when the team your goin up against ranks 1st in the nation in ft percentage.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

Thought I heard on BC show this morning when talking with Kanoa Leahy, BC overheard, not told directly, Gib Arnold say that the foul was supposed to occur with 8 seconds left. Anyone else hear that on this mornings show?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

SectionACrazy wrote:Thought I heard on BC show this morning when talking with Kanoa Leahy, BC overheard, not told directly, Gib Arnold say that the foul was supposed to occur with 8 seconds left. Anyone else hear that on this mornings show?
well, he said it in post game at anaheim. he said it looked more like quincy was trying to go for a steal (i dunno about that), but that he didnt intend to foul then.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

xer 21 wrote:
SectionACrazy wrote:Thought I heard on BC show this morning when talking with Kanoa Leahy, BC overheard, not told directly, Gib Arnold say that the foul was supposed to occur with 8 seconds left. Anyone else hear that on this mornings show?
well, he said it in post game at anaheim. he said it looked more like quincy was trying to go for a steal (i dunno about that), but that he didnt intend to foul then.
:-? No point in history revision...it is was it is. We're all disappointed, and it seems the players are just as upset as the fans cuase they like playing with each other. But the fact remains...this team under achieve. :x
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

coreygant
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by coreygant »

Thanks for the post

holidays new zealand