Christian Standhardinger?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Christian Standhardinger?

Post by caleyear01 »

I was watching the UCI game last night and I noticed that Standhardinger isn't much of a leader of the team. For crying out loud he is the leading scorer and rebounder. May I also add that he is a Senior....... Standhardinger needs to step it up big in crunch time and needs to be the go to guy in the final minutes of the game. You can tell Christian wasn't aggressive at all last night, that base line floater that was way off was because of his fear of getting blocked by Ndiaye. Standhardinger didn't even show up.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Christian Standhardinger?

Post by xer 21 »

he never was a leader.

the leaders have always been Fotu and Spearman. i dont think its fair to assume that every senior should be a leader.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

ok you seem to have it out against CS, or are at least very critical towards him for some particular reason......i agree with you though that he didn't play as aggressive as he normally does, and i also its because of the 7'6 presence under the basket.....but if CS played like he normally does i think he would have fouled out with most of the fouls being offensive.....normally he tends to put his head down and just drive into defenders. The defenders need to move their feet with him to get position to not foul but CS is too strong and gets fouled with the hopes of his shot goes in. Whats good is he has become a pretty solid FT shooter recently, but this style wasn't going to happen against Ndiaye..... Ndiaye with his reach doesn't have to move his feet as much and CS knows that....so i agree with you, he was scared of getting blocked, i think he was scared of being ineffective......he needed to be more aggressive, i believe we won at their house is because Ndiaye got into foul trouble, and eventually fouled out......but he did do some drive and kick outs because i think he knew that our shooters needed to be on to win the game since they have the behemoth in the middle.......spearman and nevels shoot very poorly, so thats why it didn't work out well......so to say CS didn't show up seems a little unfair, he led the team in points again (one out of 2 in double figures, Fotu being the other)......the shooters didn't show up for this game.......

now on a different note i still believe when Fotu gets down deep his simple turn around hook should be used instead of spinning into a double team.......he spins so often its predictable......

ok as far as CS being a leader? i agree with xer he was never a real leader to the team.....his leadership seems to be more of a lead by example deal.......the kid does complain about calls, but normally CS's style of play is he looks for contact and gets contact 90% of the time.......then scores at the line......so there are a lot of miss calls so i think he has a legit reason behind his complaining......

UCI did well at playing that zone, UH didn't shoot well which kept UCI in that zone.....you beat a zone by passing and knocking down open shots......CS plays best against a man D, by beating defenders off the dribble, leaning in, getting contact, throwing up a shot, then shooting free throws......

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:he never was a leader.

the leaders have always been Fotu and Spearman. i dont think its fair to assume that every senior should be a leader.
Sorry for assuming he was a leader but come on dude, leading scorer and rebounder that is a Senior.....he definitely needs to be the leader of this team. Sorry if you disagree.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:

Sorry for assuming he was a leader but come on dude, leading scorer and rebounder that is a Senior.....he definitely needs to be the leader of this team. Sorry if you disagree.
no he doesnt. just because you give a lot to the team doesnt mean you should be the leader. being a team leader has nothing to do with point production. there's a reason Davis is a team captain too.

targets.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:

no he doesnt. just because you give a lot to the team doesnt mean you should be the leader. being a team leader has nothing to do with point production. there's a reason Davis is a team captain too.
You are probably right but it would be great if Christian could step up as a leader, like I said come one the guy leads the team in scoring and rebounding so yeah

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:\
You are probably right but it would be great if Christian could step up as a leader, like I said come one the guy leads the team in scoring and rebounding so yeah
meh, there's 4+ games left. i'd rather the leadership roles start being handed down anyways for next season.

targets.