Next Opponent - UC Irvine - Get there early

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Next Opponent - UC Irvine - Get there early

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

The Quarry will be busy, so get there early: Softbows tournament; Basebows vs. SUNY Albany; Basketbows vs. UC Irvine. Irvine is in 1st place in the BW: 8-2 Conf & 17-9 Overall. Best players statistically: #5 Nelson, 12.1 PPG; #5 McNealy, 11.6 PPG; #3 Davis 10.3 PPG and most intimidating #34 Ndiaye (7'-6"), 8.4 PPG, 6.1 RebsPG & 84 total blocks.

Ist 400 students get a wig... Wig(Fear the 'Fro) Night...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Next Opponent - UC Irvine - Get there early

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:The Quarry will be busy, so get there early: Softbows tournament; Basebows vs. SUNY Albany; Basketbows vs. UC Irvine. Irvine is in 1st place in the BW: 8-2 Conf & 17-9 Overall. Best players statistically: #5 Nelson, 12.1 PPG; #5 McNealy, 11.6 PPG; #3 Davis 10.3 PPG and most intimidating #34 Ndiaye (7'-6"), 8.4 PPG, 6.1 RebsPG & 84 total blocks.

Ist 400 students get a wig... Wig(Fear the 'Fro) Night...
:lol: That sounds WILD.....I have that wig for my Halloween costume ( for my EARTH,WIND, and FIRE look) :lol: :o [-X :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Damn, tough loss. Ndiaye shutdown our bigs, guards had to step up but couldn't get it done.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

anyone who watched the game knows we got jobbed.

Ndiaye shut down our bigs with straight fouls. that was an absolutely disgusting display of reffing.

i sat right in front of the basket and watched ndiaye push off with two hands multiple times on rebounds.

what a joke.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

xer 21 wrote:anyone who watched the game knows we got jobbed.

Ndiaye shut down our bigs with straight fouls. that was an absolutely disgusting display of reffing.

i sat right in front of the basket and watched ndiaye push off with two hands multiple times on rebounds.

what a joke.
you could see it on tv too.....theres was one rebound he got over GN after he got shoved in the back. i also thought the reffing was horrible at times. even that blatant lowering of the shoulder on CS. they reviewed it, there was a ref right there during the play. the guy lowered his shoulder then also pushed off.....oh well, not the reason we lost......fotu has that nice spin move, but everyone is ready for it....when he gets that ball down low a simple hook would suffice, instead of a spin in a double team and followed by a scoop shot.......

we got plenty of games to go, run the table, destroy in the BW tournament, lets go dancing

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

nostra_808 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:anyone who watched the game knows we got jobbed.

what a joke.
you could see it on tv too.....theres was one rebound he got over GN after he got shoved in the back. i also thought the reffing was horrible at times. even that blatant lowering of the shoulder on CS. they reviewed it, there was a ref right there during the play. the guy lowered his shoulder then also pushed off.....oh well, not the reason we lost......fotu has that nice spin move, but everyone is ready for it....when he gets that ball down low a simple hook would suffice, instead of a spin in a double team and followed by a scoop shot.......

we got plenty of games to go, run the table, destroy in the BW tournament, lets go dancing
when they miss a few fouls and you lose by 10, it's not the reason we lost.

when you end regulation tied and they missed a good 10 blatant fouls, especially on rebounds, its absolutely why you lost.

that game was a joke. if it was only a few plays, i'd understand but it was constant. and to end regulation tied...yeah, even ONE of those foul calls could have won the game.

targets.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

I agree the refs missed some critical calls, but I think what killed us was that back board 3 pointer from the baseline, I think Larry Bird could only do a shot like that in a McDonald's Commercial and not in real life. Also when Mamadou Ndiaye went 3-4 in his last 4 attempts at the free throw line. His shot is "U.G.L.Y" and all 4 shots took different angles and 3 of them still went in. Without those shots we win the game in regulation. I do give UC Irvine credit, they made big plays when it counted, so did the Warriors.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Scott wrote:I agree the refs missed some critical calls, but I think what killed us was that back board 3 pointer from the baseline, I think Larry Bird could only do a shot like that in a McDonald's Commercial and not in real life. Also when Mamadou Ndiaye went 3-4 in his last 4 attempts at the free throw line. His shot is "U.G.L.Y" and all 4 shots took different angles and 3 of them still went in. Without those shots we win the game in regulation. I do give UC Irvine credit, they made big plays when it counted, so did the Warriors.
that too.

if you watched Souza's face, he had no faith in that shot going in. that shot was 2 inches from being Spearman's famous backboard shot. he pulled his guide hand on the shot.

targets.