Next Opponent - UC Santa Barbara

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Next Opponent - UC Santa Barbara

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Basketbows play UCSB on 2/6. 5-2 Big West (Tied for 1st Pl - they beat UC Irvine so same record). 14-6 Overall. Best player (statistically). #15 Williams, 23.3 PPG and 11.1 Rebs per game. Earlier this year, Williams had a twenty-twenty (pts - rebs) night. #10 Boswell, 11.8 PPG.

Student theme night: Aloha Shirt Nite...
Last edited by Ulchiro5ga on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Next Opponent - UC Santa Barbara

Post by xer 21 »

Williams will get his no matter what. either get him in foul trouble, or we need to focus on Boswell and their wings.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Long Beach is at UC Irvine tonight, so all 3 teams with two losses will play tonight. UH will help their cause if they can win. Tonight is retro Aloha Shirt nite. Students can win prizes for the ugliest and best shirt. Pepsi is tonight's game sponsor.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:Williams will get his no matter what. either get him in foul trouble, or we need to focus on Boswell and their wings.
Williams can get whatever he wants. Same with Boswell. This team just needs to stop turning the ball over and they need to get stops on defense in crunch time. Sure some of the threes UCSB made late in the second half were crap shots but if UH didn't turn the ball over so much they could have won the game. This team also needs to work on consistency as well. If Stanhardinger, Fotu, Nevels and Spearman all score what they average a game every night they would be tough to beat. Nevels only had seven points tonight when he averages fourteen a game. The lob attempt from Quincy Smith was ridiculous. Coach Gib sat Keith Shamburger for an entire half for making mistakes in the Long Beach Game, the same should be done to Quincy Smith. I have said this thousands of times already but how can you beat teams like Saint Mary's (CA) and Oregon State and loose to teams like Long Beach State and UC Santa Barbara at HOME!!!! There are no excuses.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:Williams will get his no matter what. either get him in foul trouble, or we need to focus on Boswell and their wings.
Williams can get whatever he wants. Same with Boswell. This team just needs to stop turning the ball over and they need to get stops on defense in crunch time. Sure some of the threes UCSB made late in the second half were crap shots but if UH didn't turn the ball over so much they could have won the game. This team also needs to work on consistency as well. If Stanhardinger, Fotu, Nevels and Spearman all score what they average a game every night they would be tough to beat. Nevels only had seven points tonight when he averages fourteen a game. The lob attempt from Quincy Smith was ridiculous. Coach Gib sat Keith Shamburger for an entire half for making mistakes in the Long Beach Game, the same should be done to Quincy Smith. I have said this thousands of times already but how can you beat teams like Saint Mary's (CA) and Oregon State and loose to teams like Long Beach State and UC Santa Barbara at HOME!!!! There are no excuses.
for starters, Keith didnt sit because he played poorly, he sat because he tried to get into it with the LBSU team after the game because they were mocking his dead aunt the whole game. that is, he sat for his poor performance off the court, not on it. so that's why quincy isnt going to sit.

and UCSB is a better team than OSU anyways.

and we turned it over 10 times that game against UCSB, by the way. i dont know what you THINK is a good amount of turnovers, but 10 is pretty darn good. only ten teams in the nation average less than 10 TO's a game and none average less than 8. maybe try focus on what really cost us the game, and that was poor offense all night. we couldnt hit shots when they were open and we ran poor offensive sets with little ball movement all night. we're an offensively oriented team. that's what happens when you have a crappy shooting night AND you dont run your sets in a proper manner.

Boswell also got shut down the entire game, so no, he cant get whatever he wants if we pay attention to him on defense.

targets.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:
for starters, Keith didnt sit because he played poorly, he sat because he tried to get into it with the LBSU team after the game because they were mocking his dead aunt the whole game. that is, he sat for his poor performance off the court, not on it. so that's why quincy isnt going to sit.

and UCSB is a better team than OSU anyways.

and we turned it over 10 times that game against UCSB, by the way. i dont know what you THINK is a good amount of turnovers, but 10 is pretty darn good. only ten teams in the nation average less than 10 TO's a game and none average less than 8. maybe try focus on what really cost us the game, and that was poor offense all night. we couldnt hit shots when they were open and we ran poor offensive sets with little ball movement all night. we're an offensively oriented team. that's what happens when you have a crappy shooting night AND you dont run your sets in a proper manner.

Boswell also got shut down the entire game, so no, he cant get whatever he wants if we pay attention to him on defense.
Yeah you are actually correct about the turnovers. Now they could have done better in not turnover the ball but it wasn't as bad as I said it was. I guess what I meant to say was the Warriors needed to be more consistent. There were many parts of the game the Warriors didn't score and UCSB went on a run especially late in the second half when they needed to score badly. That is what I meant. Anyways I didn't find anything about LBSU taunting Shamburger on his Aunt so how do you know? I am not saying I don't believe you but I couldn't find anything on it.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:
Yeah you are actually correct about the turnovers. Now they could have done better in not turnover the ball but it wasn't as bad as I said it was. I guess what I meant to say was the Warriors needed to be more consistent. There were many parts of the game the Warriors didn't score and UCSB went on a run especially late in the second half when they needed to score badly. That is what I meant. Anyways I didn't find anything about LBSU taunting Shamburger on his Aunt so how do you know? I am not saying I don't believe you but I couldn't find anything on it.
i had friends who were shooting photos courtside who could hear them.

that kind of stuff would never go public from Gib unless there was a physical altercation, but since he got into it with LBSU players (verbally) post game on the way to the bus, that's why he sat.

it was pretty low of LBSU players, but you cant say it wasnt effective.

targets.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:

that kind of stuff would never go public from Gib unless there was a physical altercation, but since he got into it with LBSU players (verbally) post game on the way to the bus, that's why he sat.

Yeah I don't want to sound stereotypical but some of there players look like guys who would do that ahahaha they also look like guys who have a ton of talent but don't go to practice and don't listen to their coach ahaha

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:

Yeah I don't want to sound stereotypical but some of there players look like guys who would do that ahahaha they also look like guys who have a ton of talent but don't go to practice and don't listen to their coach ahaha
well, Long Beach IS the school for Pac-12 washouts looking for a fresh start...

cant say it isnt effective, but they've had their share of thugs.

targets.