Next Opponent - Northridge

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Next Opponent - Northridge

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Northridge - Beat Hawaii at home on 1/11/14 79-78. Best players (statistically): #1 Greene, 15.1 PPG, 41.4% shooting, 43.6% 3PT shooting, 27 straight free throws (last 6 games); #3 Hicks, 16.2 PPG, 51.6% 3PT shooting; #21 Maxwell, 17.4 PPG, 55.7% shooting, 8.9 Reb per game. Northridge beat Riverside 93-89 (OT) on thursday.

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Next Opponent - Northridge

Post by HK »

Well, Standhardinger had a bad game, Shamburger played less than a half, and they won by double digits. That was pretty good for me.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Next Opponent - Northridge

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Started sluggishly. Shamburger benched for first half (no reason given). Quincy started. He did alright. They had trouble beating the zone, although they did shoot okay from outside in the first half. Had some sloppy sequences in the first half, Spearman's dunk was blocked by the rim, and then later on lost the ball on the way to the hoop. Christian just couldn't find space inside, and came out beyond the arc only a few times. Newspaper said he had sore knee. Second half was better, but zone continued to give them problems. Down the stretch they made an adjustment, and Fotu hit 3 straight baskets, and then had a couple of plays that got everyone energized, Spearman had a dunk, and I think someone hit a 3-pt. Another choppy game, the refs blew some calls against us, but also missed some calls against us... so I think it evened out. Northridge was suppose to be a good FT shooting team, but they missed a bunch. Gib said their gym doesn't have seating behind the baskets, so maybe the crowd & depth perception messed them up.