spearman

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

spearman

Post by whirlygig5 »

wondering why is guy seemed so familiar to me, I got it, he kinda reminds me of phil handy. Streaky swing guy w long arms that gets his hands on a lot of passes. 10-12 point a night type of guy. only thing he don't have the noodles handy had haha

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Re: spearman

Post by SectionACrazy »

Maybe just me, but he looks a little like Phil "the lane and score a" Lott. If I recall, they even wear the same number.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

maybe phil lott but wasn't he more a scorer?

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

Yes...Lott definitely was a scorer. You're right in that he (Spearman) gets his hands on a few passes like Handy did, tho. What was the name of the guard who played in early to mid 80's(?) I think with Clarence Dickerson? He too, could get his hands on the ball, whether it was off of opponent's dribbling or passing. He may have held some sort of school record for steals.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

yea clarence "POP" dickerson i remember him, i think i remember a game where he stood and held the ball for like 5 minutes, don't think there was a shot clock during that time....i dunno i could be wrong i was only a lil kid lol