A very impressive game!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
warrioram
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Seattle Mariners
NFL: Los Angeles Rams

A very impressive game!

Post by warrioram »

Hawaii's OT win over UC Irvine was a very entertaining game. There were two desperation 3's at the end of the half and regulation. This is the kind of play we want to see out of our boys all time. Check it out at http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/ty ... ys/days-7/

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: A very impressive game!

Post by HawaiianHogster »

That was a Gigantic Upset away from home. The announcer said it was the first conference loss for UCI. I have been watching Hawaii this season and can tell this team has no quit in them. Fast and furious. If they continue to bring up their game as a team, I can see them making the NCAAT. They have the potential. They just need to win them one game at a time.

Barring injuries to our key players I think they win the Big West and win the Big West Tournament. Bold, I know but they continue to show improvement.

UCI's 7' 6" behemoth is that tall. It appeared his arms was as long as Nevels body. LOL.

I didn't think they would be able to handle such a tall team. They out rebounded them too.

They need to work on being consistent to finish out the season.

I listened to the end of the game on my way home from watching the women's basketball team win. They look really good too. They play fast and furious.

Awesome game. I watched the replay on ESPN3.com.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Can read description and stories at WarriorInsider.com (Dayton Morinaga's website). Also has link that show UC Irvine's long bomb bankshot at the end of first half that put them up by 5; and Shamburger's 3-pt to tie it at the end of regulation. Was a shotput from his shoulder that banked in kind of from the side of the rim. Said his aunt looking out for him from above (He had just gone to her funeral the day before). Very emotional. Shamburger was named Big West Player of the Week.

NelsonO
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Dallas

Post by NelsonO »

I think Shamburger was even fouled on his bank shot (though it wasn't whistled by the refs).

No offense to Shamburger, but I think Fotu had a monster game.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Fotu looked great. I hope they can continue to play at a high level the rest of the season.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Fotu looked great. I hope they can continue to play at a high level the rest of the season.
Easier said than done, which has been the case every year since 2002. If this team can avoid playing down to its competition, it can contend for a major tournament berth.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

The game was really impressive. I saw that they were down by 7 (I am not sure if it was 7 because I don't remember) when looking at the ESPN live stream with 30 seconds left in the game. I just closed the tab expecting them to loose. The next day I woke up and saw that they won and I was mind blowned. But this team is too inconsistent in conference play. I don't get how you beat teams like Oregon State and Saint Mary's (CA) and loose to teams like Cal Poly and Cal State Northridge.