Is it me or.....

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Is it me or.....

Post by caleyear01 »

I know that I may sound like a jerk here and I understand Christian Stanhardinger is a good player but he whines way too much. His whining actually gets embarrassing. Stanhardinger also is a flopping machine. He flops like there is no tomorrow. Does anybody else notice this? Other than that he is a good player ahahah

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Is it me or.....

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Yes, he complains too much. He reminds me of Balocka (played for Nash). He would always be complaining to the refs and would trail the play to the other end.

NelsonO
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Dallas

Post by NelsonO »

I believe the mentality is that if you keep on complaining, sooner or later, you'll get a call to go your way.

It's the old "throw enough mud on the wall and some will stick". I don't necessarily agree with this, but it works once in a while.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

NelsonO wrote:I believe the mentality is that if you keep on complaining, sooner or later, you'll get a call to go your way.

It's the old "throw enough mud on the wall and some will stick". I don't necessarily agree with this, but it works once in a while.
He still does it but I think he complains and/or flops a lot less than when he first started three years ago. If getting to the free throw line is a measuring stick, he's getting a lot of calls. He has 141 FT attempts, almost double the next highest attempts. Fotu has 79 attempts.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

NelsonO wrote:I believe the mentality is that if you keep on complaining, sooner or later, you'll get a call to go your way.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:I know that I may sound like a jerk here and I understand Christian Stanhardinger is a good player but he whines way too much. His whining actually gets embarrassing. Stanhardinger also is a flopping machine. He flops like there is no tomorrow. Does anybody else notice this? Other than that he is a good player ahahah
its you.

if the refs are going to give him the fouls, it would be damn stupid NOT to complain.

and if you havent noticed, a lot of the complaints ARE over legitimate elbows and pushes in the post. keep in mind how AWFUL SSC refs are, both ways.

he doesnt really flop, though.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

xer 21 wrote:
caleyear01 wrote:I know that I may sound like a jerk here and I understand Christian Stanhardinger is a good player but he whines way too much. His whining actually gets embarrassing. Stanhardinger also is a flopping machine. He flops like there is no tomorrow. Does anybody else notice this? Other than that he is a good player ahahah
its you.

if the refs are going to give him the fouls, it would be damn stupid NOT to complain.

and if you havent noticed, a lot of the complaints ARE over legitimate elbows and pushes in the post. keep in mind how AWFUL SSC refs are, both ways.

I can tell on your reply from the last post and on this one you know nothing. Please watch a game of Basketball.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

caleyear01 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
its you.

I can tell on your reply from the last post and on this one you know nothing. Please watch a game of Basketball.
mad that i called you out on your lack of knowledge?

maybe you should actually watch UH games before you judge.

but please elaborate on how wrong i am. because im not. point out all the flops (you cant) all the non fouls he whines about (you cant, go watch replays and see all the legitimate fouls that never get called) and please, if you really believe the SSC refs are completely awful in every way (not even being a homer, both teams get routinely hosed) explain why they're good refs.

and please explain how you garnered my lack of knowledge form this one post that you will not be able to successfully attack with any evidence whatsoever. please.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:roll: Is it me, or you, yo mama, or your Fadda, yo cuz........does it really matter? Big PICTURE.....this is a really good team to watch. They have faults, we have faults, the opponents have faults, and we always seem to be in the CHANCE of winning! So, I'm bummed when we lose, and I'm excited when we win.... :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::roll: Is it me, or you, yo mama, or your Fadda, yo cuz........does it really matter? Big PICTURE.....this is a really good team to watch. They have faults, we have faults, the opponents have faults, and we always seem to be in the CHANCE of winning! So, I'm bummed when we lose, and I'm excited when we win.... :-
It's you :wink:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:Yes, he complains too much. He reminds me of Balocka (played for Nash). He would always be complaining to the refs and would trail the play to the other end.
Balocka will always be UH's all-time leader in whining! he would complain while the play was still live, and sometimes while he had the ball in his hands. I miss that guy, kinda...