Conference Slump

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Conference Slump

Post by caleyear01 »

Now is where the Rainbows Warriors are going to go on a conference slump. They did it last season so I know they'll do it again this season. How do you win against teams like Oregon State and Saint Mary's and loose to teams like Cal Poly and Cal State Northridge? This team has failed at showing consistency in the past years under Coach Gib Arnold. What is wrong with this team? Team chemistry, poor coaching, poor execution?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Conference Slump

Post by xer 21 »

i dont know about northridge, but honestly, it seems like Cal Poly has our number for whatever reason. they even beat the Bill Amis team.

beyond that, Sham played terribly, and was dealing with a death in the family. hopefully things clear up.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Poor shooting especially from the 3pt line. Over the past 3 gms we are just 13-58 (.224) from beyond the arc.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

This inconsistency didn't start with Gib. It started way before, the year after Savo graduated. Look at this way--the team that beat MSU didn't even make the NIT. Our last good team was probably '02.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote:This inconsistency didn't start with Gib. It started way before, the year after Savo graduated. Look at this way--the team that beat MSU didn't even make the NIT. Our last good team was probably '02.
Oh so very true........so where do we go, and how does this team get over the "hump" of mediocrity? :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

caleyear01
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caleyear01 »

It seems as if this teams has a history of inconsistency and you guys are actually correct. Sorry for blaming Gib for the inconsistency. I only noticed until now that when the Warriors were in the WAC they were VERY inconsistent. Even when the Warriors were in the WAC they had the talent to make the NCAA tournament EVERY year. Same with the team now. For crying out loud they're in one of the weakest conferences in the NCAA and I can't understand, they should be blowing these UC teams out of the water.