Next Opponent - Nebraska - Omaha

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Next Opponent - Nebraska - Omaha

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Omaha is out of the Summitt League. Current record is 10-4. They played some good opponents and appear to be competitive on the road: examples lost @Iowa (-8); won @Nevada (+2); lost @UNLV (-3) and lost @Minn (-13). Best players statistically: CJ Carter #10, G, 6-1 and Karhoff #44, C, 6-8. Another good pre-conference test for the Bows...

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Next Opponent - Nebraska - Omaha

Post by xer 21 »

This is a team after Gib's own heart. up tempo, fast scoring, smaller lineup built on athleticism over strength.

hopefully our guards do even better, they've tended to play well when they arent at a massive size disadvantage.

this is a good team, they're a top 100 RPI team like us, and they've already played some good competition. both will be fighting for that 11th non conference win. we'll need to be disciplined on defense and limit any fast break opportunities.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

ROB T
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by ROB T »

While I was afraid of the matchup against Norfolk I like how we match up against Omaha.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ROB T wrote:While I was afraid of the matchup against Norfolk I like how we match up against Omaha.
:D Never fear....Shamburger is here! And we are looking really good, and I can not wait for Fotu to get his hand healthy....and he and Stanharding are playing great!
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Very exciting game to watch. I thought that UH was going to lose until they made their move late in the game. Hats off to Omaha. Very good team and hard to believe that they are relatively new to D1.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

great game, fotu was beastly.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

what a difference no bandage/soft cast on his had did. i didn't think he was going to miss a free throw! we need this agressive Fotu all the time. Imagine he and Christian both on their game?
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Game turned on the fouling out of #44 and technical foul on #5. Both were questionable calls. Stanhardinger "sold" the foul by reacting like he did (made the ref think #5 was being violent). I think it was just in the struggle for the rebound, he hooked Stanhardinger's jersey. However, those fouls made up for the flop by #44 which gave Fotu his second foul early in the first half and missed T on the Omaha coach who was yelling at the ref way out on the floor. Spearman should have run into him while dribbling, that would have forced the ref to make a call, but I think he was surprised too, and stopped in place. In post-game newspaper article, Omaha coach was diplomatic about the questionable calls, saying his players need to react to the situation better. Surprise of the game, was Janovich's scoring effectiveness. Gib has got to get him some PT just for a change of pace from Roztis.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:Game turned on the fouling out of #44 and technical foul on #5. Both were questionable calls. Stanhardinger "sold" the foul by reacting like he did (made the ref think #5 was being violent). I think it was just in the struggle for the rebound, he hooked Stanhardinger's jersey. However, those fouls made up for the flop by #44 which gave Fotu his second foul early in the first half and missed T on the Omaha coach who was yelling at the ref way out on the floor. Spearman should have run into him while dribbling, that would have forced the ref to make a call, but I think he was surprised too, and stopped in place. In post-game newspaper article, Omaha coach was diplomatic about the questionable calls, saying his players need to react to the situation better. Surprise of the game, was Janovich's scoring effectiveness. Gib has got to get him some PT just for a change of pace from Roztis.

the replay clearly showed Rostampour reach out, grab the jersey and say something right to standhardinger. it was definitely the correct call. not questionable at all. Standhardinger might have sold it, but Rostampour was clearly jawing off at Christian. everything was after the play.
absolutely the correct call.

targets.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

From where I was sitting in the stands, I didn't see the initial contact, I was watching the ball move upcourt. They haven't shown "controversial" replays on the scoreboard screen for the past several games, so no one in the Stanley has a chance to see the replay. But it must have been flagrant enough, because the refs never went to scorerer's table or TV table to look at replays. They just huddled and made the "T" call afterward.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:From where I was sitting in the stands, I didn't see the initial contact, I was watching the ball move upcourt. They haven't shown "controversial" replays on the scoreboard screen for the past several games, so no one in the Stanley has a chance to see the replay. But it must have been flagrant enough, because the refs never went to scorerer's table or TV table to look at replays. They just huddled and made the "T" call afterward.
no, they did show the replay on the screen. you must have missed it. they showed it on the screw before the free throws.

i didnt even see the initial incident. i only saw it on the replay on the screen.

targets.