Wahine Bball playing Wash St - I wouldn't have

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Wahine Bball playing Wash St - I wouldn't have

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

I wouldn't have scheduled Wash State. Why give the big island girls a chance to play in state... and possibly beat you? Volleyball can do it because most of the time they will beat the visiting team... but not B-ball.

Cyberspace_4
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins

Re: Wahine Bball playing Wash St - I wouldn't have

Post by Cyberspace_4 »

2 players from the Big Island, 5-9 and 5-11 player will make their debut on Stan Sheriff Center all the way from Washington. Not sure if they'll be playing in front of Hawaii fans tonight. UH Wahine Basketball vs. Washington State :brilsmurf: game is at 7:00 p.m. HT

Cyberspace_4
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins

Post by Cyberspace_4 »

Hanging loose in Hawaii.

ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

A couple of pretty bold quotes by WSU's Awa from this morning's SA:
Awa said: "Everyone expects us to win, so hopefully we get to come out and smoke 'em."

"It's real exciting," Awa said. "I think we're going to have more fans than UH Manoa."
Yeah yeah... glad the Wahine silenced those two. Had me worried two minutes into the second half of the game. But then the Wahine came roaring back on a 9-0 run.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

^Yup, they seemed cocky and acted like they were too good for hawaii. Nice to see the wahine shut them up.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wuz watching the replay late last night but got worried when WAZZU caught up and passed the Wahine early in the second half. Had to go sleep and woke up to a pleasant surprise to read in the S-A that the Wahine kicked butt!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ttmf »

madeinhawaii wrote:A couple of pretty bold quotes by WSU's Awa from this morning's SA:
Awa said: "Everyone expects us to win, so hopefully we get to come out and smoke 'em."

"It's real exciting," Awa said. "I think we're going to have more fans than UH Manoa."
Yeah yeah... glad the Wahine silenced those two. Had me worried two minutes into the second half of the game. But then the Wahine came roaring back on a 9-0 run.
not only is Hawaii island big but also their mouth to shove both feet in there. good for them and the
wahine on getting the win. lol
IT'S JUST A GAME!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

You guys have got to know that Beeman offered Molina from Konawaena. So I hope that we can get her in the future. I also remember her saying something earlier about a player from Hawaii wanting to come home and play. She did not say who it was. Awa is a player who backs up her talk with the way she can play. Beeman has said that she would have been happy to have had her on our team. She knows that they have a good program out there. Don't crap on the big island. You are just making coaches job a lot harder to recruit.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:I wouldn't have scheduled Wash State. Why give the big island girls a chance to play in state... and possibly beat you? Volleyball can do it because most of the time they will beat the visiting team... but not B-ball.
One thing you have to know is that Beeman knows exactly what she is doing. She with the help of coach Wooley schedules to prepare their team for conference play. She wants her team to be ready which is one of the reason she scheduled early road games. It was to get the team ready for travel.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: