Outrigger Rainbow Classic - this weekend

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Outrigger Rainbow Classic - this weekend

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Friday - Tennesse State. Check the paper, I think they play the early game... 6:30 pm
Saturday - Western Michigan
Monday Nite (11:55 pm) into Tuesday Morning - New Mexico State

Spearman, Smith, Dressler out.

Time to get your bball fix and read the blogs...
Jeff Portnoy's Hoops talk (his predictions on Non-conference - not including DHC 8-2) on the Advertiser website.
Brian McGinnis' Court Sense (who will redshirt) on the Advertiser website
Dayton's WarriorInsider.com with stories and videos with the team and Gib...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Outrigger Rainbow Classic - this weekend

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

\:D/ Woohoo! BASKETBALL! Go RB warriors! :D
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Can't wait to see what this team is made of..
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Alcapwn
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Alcapwn »

Excited for this year. New Mexico State should be a good test early on.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

good start to the season. dominated Tennessee state, and outscored them by 9 in the second half despite playing reserves for 75% of the second.

watched half of the other game, WMU looks like a better, faster team than NMSU right now.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Great win. with the win, I do believe we have secured at least a share of the rainbow classic title.

Tough game, but our guard play is miles above last years. last year's team loses this game by 10-15.

targets.

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

I really like the guard play, and what a difference when you have a true point guard in the game. Shamburger could probably get 20+ points a game but his concern is getting everyone else involved. I guess, we'll see Monday night, but I think Western Michigan is a better and smarter team then New Mexico State. I really want to see if those two giants can play.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

kik050 wrote:I really like the guard play, and what a difference when you have a true point guard in the game. Shamburger could probably get 20+ points a game but his concern is getting everyone else involved. I guess, we'll see Monday night, but I think Western Michigan is a better and smarter team then New Mexico State. I really want to see if those two giants can play.
well, one Doesn't, if you mean the two Bhullars. one doesnt play at all.

the bigger one starts though. he's clumsy, his touch is awful, and his shot blocking is poorly timed. he cant jump and he's slow down the floor.

but he's 7'5 and that means something. he'll get his rebounds, he CAN just stand there with his arms up and get blocks, he will get points just through pure size and brute strength, and he can dunk without jumping.

he'll be a handful. he doesnt do much unless he has position, but he's 360, so keeping him out of position is the name of the game.

targets.

Optimus
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Optimus »

So far this team looks very athletic and the defense is aggressive. Adding in Spearman later in the season will add much depth. New Mexico St will test them as they are pretty equal in talent.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

kik050 wrote:I really like the guard play, and what a difference when you have a true point guard in the game. Shamburger could probably get 20+ points a game but his concern is getting everyone else involved. I guess, we'll see Monday night, but I think Western Michigan is a better and smarter team then New Mexico State. I really want to see if those two giants can play.
+1 agree...I thought Western Michigan could shoot anyone out of the gym...that's a good team, but our guard play from Shamburger, Nevel ,and Alavares was the difference in these games. NEW MEXICO ST will be a game based on opposing styles, and I like our team! :hello1:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

Quincy did some good stuff.

yougotmayo

Post by yougotmayo »

Didn't catch UH v Tenn St. but I did see UH v WMU. I really liked what I saw from the Shamburglar, Q Smith and Nevels. Fotu and Rozitis (with surprising inbounds D) showed up like the beasts they are.

But Stanhardinger needs to attack the rim and get up on the boards and the team needs to control the ball better. TOs nearly killed us against the Broncos

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

watching the new mexico st game and man are they exposing UH. NMSU has got mid size slashers that can get to the hoop and score easy lay-ups UH is limited to taking low percentage tear drop shorts from a lil further then usual and over taller bigs. UH's guards are to small and can't penetrate. UH's bigs can't seem to make the easy buckets that are given to them....tough loss

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

whirlygig5 wrote:watching the new mexico st game and man are they exposing UH. NMSU has got mid size slashers that can get to the hoop and score easy lay-ups UH is limited to taking low percentage tear drop shorts from a lil further then usual and over taller bigs. UH's guards are to small and can't penetrate. UH's bigs can't seem to make the easy buckets that are given to them....tough loss
ok, we're too small and cant penetrate...name another team besides UCI that has anywhere close to that size NMSU had?

Our D failed because Valdes and Thomas didnt know how to keep their head up in the zone and locked in on their man instead of watching their whole area of responsibility. They're freshmen and i expect this, but if spearman were there, this NMSU team doesnt shoot 58%, not even close.

this was a perfect storm of things we couldnt have go wrong that did. im not too worried for this team, this honestly should hve been expected.

targets.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

doesn't nmst field the tallest front court in the country? their bigs were huge