Gib Arnold's Future

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports

Should Ben Jay move on from Gib Arnold after the 2012-2013 season?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 43

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Gib Arnold's Future

Post by J-Rod »

xer 21 wrote: im so glad Ferd delivered us some astonishing news.
At least we know there is some "dealing" that has to be done. Meaning the UH fans who believe Gib already has another year on his contract are WRONG. Good luck to Ben Jay, its gonna take some serious BS to convince people why Gib should b extended. I for one think, him being a brand new AD, will be excited to make his first hire.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

J-Rod wrote:
At least we know there is some "dealing" that has to be done. Meaning the UH fans who believe Gib already has another year on his contract are WRONG. Good luck to Ben Jay, its gonna take some serious BS to convince people why Gib should b extended. I for one think, him being a brand new AD, will be excited to make his first hire.
:o So this is the final year? We expect a great deal from this team, and GIB, If I were him, wants a commitment. 5 years with incentives. :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :o So this is the final year? We expect a great deal from this team, and GIB, If I were him, wants a commitment. 5 years with incentives. :-
Only if he agrees to "chase championships"...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

poidog wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :o So this is the final year? We expect a great deal from this team, and GIB, If I were him, wants a commitment. 5 years with incentives. :-
Only if he agrees to "chase championships"...
:roll: for a minute, I thought of Kalapana's "CHASE a RAINBOW" in my head... :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Cyberspace_4
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins

Post by Cyberspace_4 »

I saw only the clippings. Looks like it's going to be another hard fought year with the team. Uphill battle just to win. \:D/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Cyberspace_4 wrote:I saw only the clippings. Looks like it's going to be another hard fought year with the team. Uphill battle just to win. \:D/
:o Did you use the clippings to roll the joint cause you're really stoned! Dude, Hawaii played great in their first 2 games.....we were playing DOWNHILL! :lol: :lol:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

J-Rod wrote:Interested in everyone's take......

I believe Gib Arnold is coming into the end of his contract. Meaning Ben Jay would have to offer a new contract in order for Gib Arnold to return next season and beyond. Is it time to move on from Gib? He's proven he can recruit, but the constant turnover in players leaving and inconsistency is getting old. Really? Losing by 29 to Cal Poly? Man...when I went to games as a kid at the SSC, Big West schools were designated bye weeks. :lol: Now UH is getting slammed by these schools? Its time to uphold some higher standards for the basketball program. UH is struggling in one of the worst conferences in college basketball. No doubt in my mind if that this team played in the MWC, they'd be dead last.

We've already wasted Vander Joaqium's talent.....lets not do the same with Fotu. Next......

For me it all depends on the win column and if they can make it to the NCAAT and win at least one game. They do that he has another contract coming. They don't accomplish that he's gone. Four years is enough time to get that far. Anything less should not be forgiven.

The decision can't be made until the end of the season. I would have special things written in the new contract that if the team does not win enough games to make it to the NCAAT or plays sloppy and loses the fan base, UH can fire him without pay of the remainder of his contract. That would be ridiculous if he wins this year yet loses next year after getting a new contract to coach at Hawaii. I would have Gib on a short lease. Losing all those players in the past was bad enough and inexcusable. Continue in that direction at any time and you forfeit any future pay.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

J-Rod wrote:

This would be his best opportunity to do this. It would be difficult if Gib gets the team to the NCAAT and wins a at least two games. How could you fire a head coach after doing that at Hawaii? When was the last time any Hawaii coach went to the NCAAT and won at least two games?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

This would be his best opportunity to do this. It would be difficult if Gib gets the team to the NCAAT and wins a at least two games. How could you fire a head coach after doing that at Hawaii? When was the last time any Hawaii coach went to the NCAAT and won at least two games?

I'm still waiting for win number 1 in the Big Dance...and I been a fan since the Fab 5 days.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

we've never won a single game, and its going to be very hard for us to ever do that, because we'll be a 15 seed pretty much any time we ever make it from the big west.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Cyberspace_4
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins

Post by Cyberspace_4 »

Who's the boss here? Ben Jay's the business guy to go to. He should show it and not let anyone by.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

SectionACrazy wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:
J-Rod wrote: At least we know there is some "dealing" that has to be done. Meaning the UH fans who believe Gib already has another year on his contract are WRONG. Good luck to Ben Jay, its gonna take some serious BS to convince people why Gib should b extended. I for one think, him being a brand new AD, will be excited to make his first hire.

I'm still waiting for win number 1 in the Big Dance...and I been a fan since the Fab 5 days.
:- I think a lot of people who post here are in the same boat as you SectionACrazy.........

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:( Gee.....STILL NO FINAL CONTRACT for Gib? WTF is going on in Manoa?! :evil:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

All pau. Next.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::( Gee.....STILL NO FINAL CONTRACT for Gib? WTF is going on in Manoa?! :evil:
I guess now we are getting ideas.
I am the one who knocks.