Gib Arnold, Year 3, what is acceptable

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports

Gib Arnold year 3: anything less is not acceptable

Poll ended at Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 am

BIG Dance
11%
NIT Invite
28%
17-19 wins and Riley Wallace Tournament
50%
11-16 wins, 0 or 1 win in the BIG WEST Tournament
11%
Atleast 10 wins (any caliber of opponent)
No votes

Total votes: 18

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Gib Arnold, Year 3, what is acceptable

Post by Irse »

Can't believe he'll be entering into his 4th year. There has been no improvement. Gotta find someone who can get the job done.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Irse wrote:Can't believe he'll be entering into his 4th year. There has been no improvement. Gotta find someone who can get the job done.
well, when half your team leaves after each season, it's like he just had 3 first years.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

poidog wrote: I don't like the rumors I keep hearing about shady things going on with the program. .
like what?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

xer 21 wrote:
poidog wrote: I don't like the rumors I keep hearing about shady things going on with the program. .
like what?
I'll PM you...

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

if you don't mind sending me one while you're at it, kinda curious as well... :)
poidog wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
like what?
I'll PM you...

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

In Year 1 he went 19-13, went (0-1) in the WAC Tournament then went (1-1) in the Riley Wallace Tournament
Wow, after all these years under Gib, this year is pretty much déjà vu of his first year.
Look what happened in year 2
Have we seen the best years under Gib, already
0 NCAA, 0 NIT, 2 CIT
I can't even remember what is the highest we've finished in the conference tournament.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote:
In Year 1 he went 19-13, went (0-1) in the WAC Tournament then went (1-1) in the Riley Wallace Tournament
Wow, after all these years under Gib, this year is pretty much déjà vu of his first year.
0 NCAA, 0 NIT, 2 CIT
I can't even remember what is the highest we've finished in the conference tournament.
it's always going to be, because Gib's teams don't get better as the season goes on, and sometimes they get worse. The best we see is usually in the Diamondhead Classic, before teams have time to jell and learn how to play together. There's no way we should be losing in the first round of the BWC tournament with the talent we have, but that's what happens when you are playing pick-up ball all season.

Now, let's hope Fotu doesn't leave...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

poidog wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
0 NCAA, 0 NIT, 2 CIT
it's always going to be, because Gib's teams don't get better as the season goes on, and sometimes they get worse. The best we see is usually in the Diamondhead Classic, before teams have time to jell and learn how to play together. There's no way we should be losing in the first round of the BWC tournament with the talent we have, but that's what happens when you are playing pick-up ball all season.

Now, let's hope Fotu doesn't leave...
:- Isn't it funny that Riley Wallace is still the only coach to have taken HAWAII to the NCAAs? :o Another depressing end to a team I really like to watch...but the DUMB, numb skull errors JUST KILLS ME! :evil: ARGHJJJHFDQXC!!!!
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
:- Isn't it funny that Riley Wallace is still the only coach to have taken HAWAII to the NCAAs? :o Another depressing end to a team I really like to watch...but the DUMB, numb skull errors JUST KILLS ME! :evil: ARGHJJJHFDQXC!!!!
You forgot Red Rocha circa 1972
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

This was started over 3 years ago.... Gib never turned this team into a contender....

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote:This was started over 3 years ago.... Gib never turned this team into a contender....
that's why I LOL when in his latest self-defense video from good ol' boy brian mcinnis he says "we built something special here"... REALLY??? being a middle-of-the-pack team in the Big West is what Gib considers "something special", I'd love to hear his definition of "mediocre". good grief!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

poidog wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:This was started over 3 years ago.... Gib never turned this team into a contender....
that's why I LOL when in his latest self-defense video from good ol' boy brian mcinnis he says "we built something special here"... REALLY??? being a middle-of-the-pack team in the Big West is what Gib considers "something special", I'd love to hear his definition of "mediocre". good grief!
what do you expect him to say?

"Yeah, we never got over the hump. it kinda sucked how we fizzled out every toureny season."
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

xer 21 wrote:
poidog wrote:
what do you expect him to say?

"Yeah, we never got over the hump. it kinda sucked how we fizzled out every toureny season."
I expect him to say nothing and stop playing victim. Basically, the university just accelerated his pay by 6 months because there was no way he was going to get another season after this one.