UH's Sand Volleyball page is up

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
All-American
All-American

UH's Sand Volleyball page is up

Post by 808 »

http://hawaiiathletics.com/index.aspx?path=wsvb&

Roster with photos is up as is the schedule for this year. Only two home matches as the sport is just a startup this year. I think only 15 schools with programs, and all but 4 of them are in the East. The 4 Western schools being UH, USC, Long Beach and Pepperdine.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: UH's Sand Volleyball page is up

Post by EITSwarrior »

It's ridiculous the amount of time they have to travel this season.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

its gonna be 2v2 and they got two ways of playing the gm, dual meets and tourney style. not really sure thou exactly how those work.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

I hope they have some temp bleachers setup.!

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

I wonder if Hawaii will lead the way in attendance for sand volleyball too? that might actually bring more locals into Waikiki.

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

Anyone know where and when they practice?

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

I kinda remember reading Queen's beach in Waikiki, but I could be wrong.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Yeah Queens beach. They tried getting the courts by Hale Koa but I guess neva work out.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Wow, didnt expect to see 15 players. Can someone help me understand how this works? Can UH have more than one 2-person team. Or are there 13 substitutions for the 2 starting players?

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

I also think the Natatorium would be an EPIC venue for beach volleyball!!!!!!! Beautiful setting, cant ask for a better location than that! Attract big events as well.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

eonatoa wrote:Wow, didnt expect to see 15 players. Can someone help me understand how this works? Can UH have more than one 2-person team. Or are there 13 substitutions for the 2 starting players?
There are two competition formats: tournaments and dual matches (UH vs. another school). I'm not sure how the tournaments will run; they may vary from tournament to tournament. However, the dual matches will be a best of 5 competition so 5 matches will be played (5 pairs so 10 players needed for each dual match). The 5 pairs will be ranked from 1 to 5 so the 1's play the other team's 1's, 2's play the 2's, etc. No substitutions.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

eonatoa wrote:I also think the Natatorium would be an EPIC venue for beach volleyball!!!!!!! Beautiful setting, cant ask for a better location than that! Attract big events as well.
I was just down by the Natatorium this weekend and walked by for a closer look. That place is a mess and it would probably cost millions to get it into usable shape for anything. The location is nice, though.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

808 wrote:
eonatoa wrote:I also think the Natatorium would be an EPIC venue for beach volleyball!!!!!!! Beautiful setting, cant ask for a better location than that! Attract big events as well.
I was just down by the Natatorium this weekend and walked by for a closer look. That place is a mess and it would probably cost millions to get it into usable shape for anything. The location is nice, though.
Dang that sucks! I bet there are federal funds to help restore monuments like the natatorium! FYI there is an organization for the Natatorium, i bet they get federal funds to sit on a board and do absolutly nothing! try googling Natatorium. Hmmmm?