Bryant Crowder offered

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Bryant Crowder offered

Post by roygbivs »

I guess we can expect more movement from our team as long as we continue to get better athletes im okay

ksmooth21
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Bryant Crowder offered

Post by ksmooth21 »

He signed with Southern Miss during the Fall signing period.

http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-b ... 10aaa.html

[quote="roygbivs"]I guess we can expect more movement from our team as long as we continue to get better athletes im okay[/quote]

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by roygbivs »

Mahalo for the update.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

I guess Crowder is still in the picture.

Rivals.com article: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/ ... ID=1211212

April 12, 2011

JUCO big man enters picture

Josh Carpenter
NinerReport.com

A new face has entered the picture for the Charlotte 49ers' last scholarship spot for 2011. With a big need for another sizeable body in the paint, 6-10, 220 pound Bryant Crowder has garnered some interest from the 49ers.

A highly-recruited athletic big man that can run the floor with the best of them, Crowder gave a verbal commitment to San Diego State and Steve Fisher in June of 2010. After decommitting from the Aztecs, Crowder gave a verbal to Southern Mississippi.

Currently with College of Eastern Utah, Crowder recently had a change of heart and decommitted from the Golden Eagles in late March. Crowder is ranked 24th in the JucoJunction Top 150 for 2011.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRYANT CROWDER Image PF, 6-10, 220 lbs.
(College of Eastern Utah - Price, UT)
(Offererd Scholarship)
(Also have offers from Arizona St., St. Johns, Southern Mississippi, and UTEP.)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_HIKBAG7Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_HIKBAG7Vg

Rivals.com profile: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... der-115992

Rivals.com article: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/ ... ID=1211212

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by roygbivs »

Thanks SportsBow! We could use another big, if we get him, Odunsi, McDaniels I don't think we'll see Miles and/or Wiseman next season??

rbaloha

Post by rbaloha »

Wow! Paired with Joaquim watch-out! Fits Coach Arnold's profile of long athletic players.

The talent level keeps improving with subsequent recruiting classes. Its possible some of the current scholarship recruits may not be renewed. The apr takes a hit -- its okay since the incoming talent level is worth losing a few future scholarships.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

roygbivs wrote:Thanks SportsBow! We could use another big, if we get him, Odunsi, McDaniels I don't think we'll see Miles and/or Wiseman next season??
What games were you watching?

Wiseman was a big part of the Warrior D. In fact, he was a starter in place of Josten Thomas when they went on a winning streak. Only a freshman, he'll get better.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

seasider wrote:
roygbivs wrote:Thanks SportsBow! We could use another big, if we get him, Odunsi, McDaniels I don't think we'll see Miles and/or Wiseman next season??

Wiseman was a big part of the Warrior D. In fact, he was a starter in place of Josten Thomas when they went on a winning streak. Only a freshman, he'll get better.
I think the question mark around Wiseman is his grades, no?

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by roygbivs »

seasider wrote:

Watched all the games Seasider.... I was taking a guess that Miles and/or Wiseman wouldn't return when scholarships became available and the fact Wiseman had some difficultly with school during the WAC season missings a few Thursday away games and meeting the team on Saturday. I too think he'll get better on the court, hopefully he'll stick with the books as well.

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

i don't think crowder is on the radar at this point. he may have been offered early on, but, not hearing anything regarding this guy.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

roygbivs wrote:
seasider wrote:

Watched all the games Seasider.... I was taking a guess that Miles and/or Wiseman wouldn't return when scholarships became available and the fact Wiseman had some difficultly with school during the WAC season missings a few Thursday away games and meeting the team on Saturday. I too think he'll get better on the court, hopefully he'll stick with the books as well.
Mahalo nui loa...what's the % of college athletes making it to the NBA? <1%?...Hopefully Wiseman wiseup and think academics first.

homes808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by homes808 »

You can't put a value on Trevor's willingness to play defense and do all the "dirty work". He's a valuable asset but he does need to focus on academics so he can help us the team on the court. To me Brumfield and Miles might be candidates to leave based on their playing time this past year and the type of athletes that are coming in. I hope they stick around but I can't see either of them getting significant minutes unless they do a makeover this offseason and work on their game big time.

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by roygbivs »

looks like we're getting PG Stokes, noticed that Crowder choose his top three schools and added he might visit a few more schools before deciding. He didnt mention Hawaii....

Are we solid enough in the front court??

rbaloha

Post by rbaloha »

roygbivs wrote:looks like we're getting PG Stokes, noticed that Crowder choose his top three schools and added he might visit a few more schools before deciding. He didnt mention Hawaii....

There is always room for a long potential big time player. Vander and Wiseman are solid. Thomas is inconsistent. Rotiz is an unknown. BC appears to be a game changer.

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by roygbivs »

rbaloha wrote:
roygbivs wrote:looks like we're getting PG Stokes, noticed that Crowder choose his top three schools and added he might visit a few more schools before deciding. He didnt mention Hawaii....

There is always room for a long potential big time player. Vander and Wiseman are solid. Thomas is inconsistent. Rotiz is an unknown. BC appears to be a game changer.

I've reconsidered my stance on just post guys with this coaching staff. Coach Arnold is getting players that can play multiple positions. I do think you need solid PG play, a true PG that can set the offense, get the ball to the 'hot' scorer(s) hands, breakdown the defense w/ the dribble, and score when needed.

We may have Coach Taylor son as a walk on so that could boost our front line without using a scholarship....

Stoked, we signed Stokes!!