Boise Game Thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
homes808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Boise Game Thread

Post by homes808 »

You know the program is in the doldrums when there is no game thread until now. Shows the interest in the team is at an all time low. Balocka is such a negative Nancy on the court. I never see him clapping or encouragin teammates. He's always shaking his head in disgust and giving stink eye to players when they make a mistake. If I were his teammate I would slap him in the head.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Boise Game Thread

Post by J-Rod »

Oh BTW.....Hawaii is winning this game. 62-55 with only 2 minutes left.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Nash gets his desperation win!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

homes808 wrote:You know the program is in the doldrums when there is no game thread until now. Shows the interest in the team is at an all time low. Balocka is such a negative Nancy on the court. I never see him clapping or encouragin teammates. He's always shaking his head in disgust and giving stink eye to players when they make a mistake. If I were his teammate I would slap him in the head.
I know.

It's kind of sad. I really like Nash and want to see him succeed, but his teams just aren't holding my interest anymore. I get too frustrated and find it difficult to continue watching. I walk away, start doing other things, and come back after the game has ended. As for tonight, I can't believe I forgot there was a game tonight, until I accidently tuned in on the last two minutes of play.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

AllsportfanHI
Starter
Starter

Post by AllsportfanHI »

homes808 wrote:You know the program is in the doldrums when there is no game thread until now. Shows the interest in the team is at an all time low. Balocka is such a negative Nancy on the court. I never see him clapping or encouragin teammates. He's always shaking his head in disgust and giving stink eye to players when they make a mistake. If I were his teammate I would slap him in the head.
Balocka actually does cheer for the guys when he is on the bench. But you are right, on the floor I see nothing of that. Not even giving our free throw shooter any dap, make or miss between shots. The shooter should always get dap, no matter what.

That being said, he was much better today.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

It seems like after every bad game he has, Balocka has a good one. He didn't score a lot against Boise but he got 9 rebounds and had 5 assists. Some of his passes were really good and he triggered the only real fast breaks with really good outlet passes. Hopefully he keeps it up.

The guy that has elevated his game is Campbell. He is a role player but he is doing it well. He is rebounding, blocking a couple of shots and scoring under the basket.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

madeinhawaii wrote:
I know.

It's kind of sad. I really like Nash and want to see him succeed, but his teams just aren't holding my interest anymore. I get too frustrated and find it difficult to continue watching. I walk away, start doing other things, and come back after the game has ended. As for tonight, I can't believe I forgot there was a game tonight, until I accidently tuned in on the last two minutes of play.
+1. I forgot there was a game on and didn't get to watch any of it. Hope we can improve each week and get on a good streak.
ImageImage

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

last night balocka did show emotion. every time we finally broke the press with the long passes to rod or campbell for an easy layup, he'd pump his fists and yell.
he does flail his arms a little too much. but he was getting hit in the face with elbows. those refs were also really hokey. very inconsistent. touch foul here there, nothing on the mugging after. and they listened to every piece of crying that the boise bench threw at them. they had a little too much patience there. that short bald assistant coach was in a couple of their faces and walking waaay onto the court and sideline and yet he was allowed to do so.
that one ref that i've nicknamed "Sunburn" just has no clue. every year, every time he comes here. horrible. and his partners weren't very much better either yesterday. is it just me, or do the WAC refs particularly suck. the guys that were here for the ESPN Diamond Head Classic were not even close to the level of the WAC refs. everything was fair and they called the game much more correctly than I've ever seen any WAC ref call a game.
there was one point where the called play was that quick back door cut for hiram to run. hiram would pass the ball to balocka on the wing and hiram is supposed to fake to the outside and make a quick cut back inside. 2 times in a row hiram forgot to cut back and stuck behind the 3 line when the lane was wide open. balocka yelled at hirma CUT!!!!!!!!!! no cut. so its not always balocka's fault. we only see him more because he's the most animated and emotional. this team doesn't always make the smartest decisions, and its gotta be really frustrating for the other teammates. its frustrating for us fans.
i'm glad nash finally benched adhar after all those turnovers in the full court press. adhar is a good shooter. not a dribbler or passer, especially under pressure. lay stepped in nicely and gave us a 2nd ball handler and i think that made all the difference in the final 5 minutes of the game.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I was happy with the win, but even more happy that there was a Rod Flemings sighting last night.

Anyone know why D-Will didn't play?

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

injury, not sure what exactly but was a scratch for the game
J-Rod wrote:I was happy with the win, but even more happy that there was a Rod Flemings sighting last night.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Williams hurt his shoulder in practice, so he sat. Alot of time Balocka is talking to himself or the refs not to his teammates. He's the best passer of bigs and is happy to dish off for an assist... I think sometimes he wants the ball at a certain place and time, and doesn't get it, he gets frustrated.... but same thing for Rod.... The refs were terrible last night. They had to go to the scorer's table so many times, and also had to consult with each other over and over.... they definitely listened too much to the Boise bench.... they couldn't even determine the proper starting lineup, and delayed the tip off way too long...

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

J-Rod wrote:I was happy with the win, but even more happy that there was a Rod Flemings sighting last night.

Shoulder. HOpefully he'll make the road trip.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Wow, those officials were terrible!!!!!!

bballbows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bballbows »

Yeah, like mentioned above, its his shoulder (shooting). According to him, its happened before.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

bballbows wrote:
Yeah, like mentioned above, its his shoulder (shooting). According to him, its happened before.
Wonderful. Someone finally gets into a groove and then they get hurt in practice.

When I played ball, we always took light practices when you only have 2 days between games. Surprised Dwain got hurt like that over the weekend.