We need to turn the corner now!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

We need to turn the corner now!

Post by Scott »

The starting five for the University Hawaii has been tinkered with the entire season. Whether it is the flu, inconsistent play, the “hot hand”, or they earned it in practice, the bottom line is that when there is 2 minutes left in the game, the five best players need to be on the court. I wasn’t able to see the last two road games but lately it seems that there are a lot of mental errors, which looks a lot like they are still learning each others tendencies and they don’t execute their plays with great confidence when it counts.

I do feel that this is the deepest team that we have ever had (since the 80’s) and have the potential to be contenders. RW will have to work some magic and do it fast to be able to meet the potential and expectations of this talented team. They will have to play near perfect ball for the rest of the season and peak at just the right time to make this season, one to remember. Good luck and Go Warriors!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

BigWave96744

disappointment

Post by BigWave96744 »

Damn it!!!! :evil:
Again too much hype

Damn it!!! :evil:
- We are probably the tallest team in the WAC but are getting out rebounded by teams with 6'8'' centers and 3 guard offenses
- Sensley is becoming the Casper the Friendly Ghost
- Highly taughted Tatum??? Gibson?? Gipson?? Boetez??? Fricken Sottos is stealing the limelight....
- Piciukas is riding some serious bench time...

Damn it!!! :evil:
This year's team is more frustrating than the Football team's lost to FAU....

fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fulingyu »

actually, when was this team hyped up? i mean, yes, we have highly touted recruits.. but was this year ever really thought to be more than a rebuilding team? that is, by others than us rabid fans who have nothing better to do than over-analyze the team? hehe.. i'm not disappointed yet. this team is actually exceeding my expectations. I mean, I would like to see UH run the table in every sport, but that's not gonna happen. I'm impressed with this team in that they don't get blown out. They find a way to keep all the games close. In doing so, they will be in a position to win every game, like they have been all year. Sooner or later, they'll put it all together and be able to win all the close ones. If that has to happen next year... i'll be fine with that.

-Fu

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

fulingyu wrote:actually, when was this team hyped up? i mean, yes, we have highly touted recruits.. but was this year ever really thought to be more than a rebuilding team? that is, by others than us rabid fans who have nothing better to do than over-analyze the team? hehe.. i'm not disappointed yet. this team is actually exceeding my expectations. I mean, I would like to see UH run the table in every sport, but that's not gonna happen. I'm impressed with this team in that they don't get blown out. They find a way to keep all the games close. In doing so, they will be in a position to win every game, like they have been all year. Sooner or later, they'll put it all together and be able to win all the close ones. If that has to happen next year... i'll be fine with that.

-Fu
I think all the hype came from the point guard position. We all thought that Tatum and Groce were suppose to be the real thing and so far, most of us are disappointed. Sure the Flex is difficult to pick up, but it has nothing to do with making a jump shot or hitting your free throws.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

This team was picked by many to finish 7th in the conference, due to youth. So far, that looks pretty good, although I do think UH will improve and win some of these games.

The only disappointments for me have been the disappearance of Sensley and the lack of rebounding. For the most part, the effort and the talent is there, but the smarts usually aren't.

fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fulingyu »

yes, i do agree that sensley has been somewhat of a disappointment. seems to be more of a role player, and less aggressive (although i think we all knew that he wasn't an aggressive player to begin with).

i mean, he leads the WAC in minutes per game.. but where is he in scoring? assists? rebounds? he does play defense tho... most of the time.

-Fu