hawaii vs UTEP

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

hawaii vs UTEP

Post by fulingyu »

hawaii ends the first and starts the second half with a 15-0 run, they up 47-45 now... Sottos is 5 for 5 from the 3 line.

*edit* oops, i meant utep...

UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by UH Fan »

Damn... I don't want to post anything positive yet...

Don't want to jinx the team.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

riley takes out sottos who leads the game in points... and puts in groce... is riley okay???

fulingyu
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fulingyu »

at the rate hawaii is fouling, i'd say that was a good move to give sottos some break time while hawaii was playing strong. utep caught up and now sottos is back, hopefully hawaii can hold them off...

sottos, tatum, blackett all have 3 fouls, botez has 4.. groce has like 3 sensley has 2, little matt has 4 i think... utep was in the 2 bonus with like 7 mins left... ah well.

-Fu

killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

Hawaii will always find a way to lose on the road.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

Hawaii Loses 71-70 fukkkkkkkkkkkk

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

On the road we dont have the option of resting our hottest shooter... who knows what sottos couldve done for those minutes he was out and groce in... we lost by one....

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

IPatentllo7o1 wrote:On the road we dont have the option of resting our hottest shooter... who knows what sottos couldve done for those minutes he was out and groce in... we lost by one....
Why in the world Riley keep having Tatum, who isn't a great outside shooter, in the game in situations like that. :x

killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

LOL! They lost again after winning most of the 2nd half. How pathetic. Thats seems to be the life of Hawaii teams on the road. Never fails.

Time for Riley to step down and retire. Need a change.

killa
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by killa »

Hey Scott,

What do i win for the being the closest to the final score. LOL! One friggin bucket. Hawaii scores 6 points in the last 4 minutes. WEAK! Always fuckking up down the stretch!

UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

On the bright side....

Post by UH Fan »

On the bright side...

We've been in EVERY road game until the end... and believe it or not guys, the HARDEST road games are OVER...

Now, if Hawaii can play this well against the 3 toughest places to play in the WAC this year, I still think they can get 20 wins...

:- 21 -6... doesn't sound so bad... of course the Bows have to find a way to bounce back... but don't bury these guys just yet... they are learning more about their flex system and about themselves every day...

I may be overly optimistic, but Hawaii still can make a nice run. Remember, Hawaii's 2002 team (with Savo) had a few stupid losses, like one in San Jose St. before they caught on fire...

They may not have learned to finish games yet, but no one in the WAC has blown them out on the road yet, and we've faced 3 of the best so far.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

I don't think they can pull the WAC tourney out of their okoles to make it to the big dance, so this year it's the NIT at best...there should be a book and formal study about UH's road woes...

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

WA Warrior wrote:I don't think they can pull the WAC tourney out of their okoles to make it to the big dance, so this year it's the NIT at best...there should be a book and formal study about UH's road woes...
I believe that majority of the fans thought it will be an NIT season from the beginning due to the inexperience of this team. Most of them said that next year could be the year. Still! I'm not counting out this team in the WAC Tournament. There's still time to to cut down on stupid mistakes and blend better as a team before then. You just never know!

BigWave96744

Re: On the bright side....

Post by BigWave96744 »

UH Fan wrote:On the bright side...
We've been in EVERY road game until the end... and believe it or not guys, the HARDEST road games are OVER..
:o
I don't know about you folks, but I'm getting tired of "MORAL VICTORIES", for the Road Game Loses and Especially the LaTech lost at home.. :x

What pisses me off that that all 4 loses, we were leading and then the wheels came off... I'm really beginning to question Riley's Substitution game plan... :-?

Last year Sottos was a joke, with everyone saying "Why did Riley recruit this guy".. The last 3 games he's the high scorer.... Sensley the Future NBA draft pick is becoming a role player rather than the go-to guy.. What's happening to our team with the multiple JUCO top100, a couple HS top 100....

Season's about half way done... Every team in the Nation gets new players who has to learn a new system to play in. Sorry, I don't want to hear the excuses [-X "the players need to learn to gel", "we will be ready by the WAC Tournament", or especially don't want to hear "wait til next season"..

With the talent on this team, we should be Undefeated..
With 4 loses, we pretty much are out of the Reg Season title and looking at maybe sqeeking into the NIT

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: On the bright side....

Post by WA Warrior »

BigWave96744 wrote: I don't know about you folks, but I'm getting tired of "MORAL VICTORIES", for the Road Game Loses and Especially the LaTech lost at home.. :x
I'm in agreement, I don't believe in moral victories, they don't mean squat, I'm sure the UH team isn't riding high on a moral victory as they fly home...lol

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!