Big WAC game: UTEP at Nevada

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Big WAC game: UTEP at Nevada

Post by UH Fan »

Big WAC game today when UTEP visits Nevada.

Not sure which team will take the WAC regular season title: Nevada, UTEP, or Hawaii. But if UTEP wins tonight, they could be in the driver's seat. Then, if UTEP holds serve on their home court throughout the season, UTEP will be #1 for the WAC regular season, and Nevada or Hawaii could be #2. Now, being that the WAC tournament is in Nevada, Nevada has the best shot at winning that and taking the automatic NCAA bid.

:o Could the NCAA take 2 additional WAC teams? Interesting scenario... Who would you take if you were part of the selection comittee? Hawaii, with the best non-conference record and possibly better RPI; or UTEP, if they win the WAC regular season.

DAMN! too much thinking for early January... :(

Hmm... hopefully then, Nevada wins tonight and Hawaii beats UTEP next week on the road.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

There have been a few years that the NCAA committee choose three schools from the WAC. I can't remember exactly what year, but I do know that it has happened. I believe it was with Tulsa, Hawaii and Fresno State or Nevada all went at the same time.