Military Appreciation Night Sat (SJSU Game)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
BigWave96744

Military Appreciation Night Sat (SJSU Game)

Post by BigWave96744 »

The University of Hawai'i athletics department will honor United States service men and women during "Military Night" at the men's basketball team's home Western Athletic Conference opener against San Jose State on Saturday, January 8, at 7:05 p.m.

A representative from the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard will receive special recognition and individual plaques during a halftime ceremony. All honorees will be selected by their respective military branches for their outstanding military performance and volunteer services to their local communities.

In addition, members of the armed services, retirees, and Department of Defense civilians will receive two tickets for the price of one by presenting their military ID when purchasing their tickets at the Stan Sheriff Center Box Office. Tickets will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis. UH is offering this promotion in cooperation with Budweiser, the presenting sponsor of the SJSU game.

"We're proud to honor the brave members of our military and offer this special ticket discount to these dedicated guardians of our country," said Herman Frazier, athletics director. "It's important that we constantly remember the sacrifices that these individuals are making to safeguard the freedoms that we hold so dear."
Wow, even DOD Civilians get to use the promo...
Help get the team back on the winning edge...
I'll be there wearing my SportsHawaii Tee Shirt \:D/