Hawaii and Nevada game thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Hawaii and Nevada game thread

Post by Maui_Warrior »

anybody here????

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

wallace finally starts matt instead of nash

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

It's interesting...I visit the Southern Illinois Saluki board occasionally to see what's going on and a lot of the fans are interested in watching the Nevada/UH game. Apparently they too are concerned about Hawai'i's play in order to strengthen their RPI. I had to post that UH isn't traditionally a strong road team and that a lead going inside of 2 minutes in the second half can evaporate like shaved ice on a hot Hilo day. I for one hope they don't choke this time if they do have the lead.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Same here WA Warrior..... They had it in Fresno....

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

glad to see that the guys are the ones creating turnovers instead of vice versa

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

[flip]3n wrote:wallace finally starts matt instead of nash
Riley Wallace kept saying that, he will stick to the starting lineup until he lose. At least he kept his word.

UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by UH Fan »

Little Matt sure is a PEST on defense...

Speaking of defense... what in the world is Hawaii doing to all their opponents to make them play so sloppy??? I haven't seen any opponent play smoothly against Hawaii... so sloppy, so disrupted, so ugly...

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

oh oh here we go again....

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Their defense is playing well, they just need to concentrate on blocking out every possession and keep taking it to the hole.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

UH Fan wrote:Speaking of defense... what in the world is Hawaii doing to all their opponents to make them play so sloppy??? I haven't seen any opponent play smoothly against Hawaii... so sloppy, so disrupted, so ugly...
I know..... I saw USC just spank another team this past weekend...... ANd USC look sloppy against Hawaii also.....

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

I don't fricking believe that Tatum was the man to take the last shot. Why didn't Wallace put either Sottos or Nash in, in replace of Tatum. Bad coaching decision as far as I'm concerned. :x

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Sportsbow wrote:I don't fricking believe that Tatum was the man to take the last shot. Why didn't Wallace put either Sottos or Nash in, in replace of Tatum. Bad coaching decision as far as I'm concerned. :x
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Not sure why he didn't have Sottos and Nash in there. Also did anyone else see big Mat WIDE OPEN on the three point line at the bottom of the screen?

Hawaii got owned on the boards tonight. I think this was the biggest factor of the game. Hawaii's D played well overall. Also I really think Botez doesn't know what to do on offense against a zone defense. He looked lost all night long when he had the ball. I think the Big Z should have gotten some PT.

Just the ole armchair Point Guard giving my 2 cents. :)
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

there were some horrible calls towards the end of the game. Even though the calls didn't go our way, we should have still came up with a win. In my opinion, we're a better team than Fresno and Nevada, and it will show when you see the huge margin of points we beat them by at home.

I agree about Tatum, I can't believe they gave him the last shot. It might have something to do with his free throws being a deciding factor in our road loss against Fresno. Maybe Riley wanted to help build Tatum's confidence back up. I don't know, it was a bad call. Riley should have noticed there wasn't anything there and called a timeout. Maybe then set up a play. One of the commentators mentioned he would have done that and the other agreed with Riley for not calling a time out. I agree with the other guy, Riley should have called a time out and should have drew up a plan.

The only good thing I can out of these horrible road losses is that things will get better from here on. After the UTEP game on the road, WAC home games will be slightly easier. Also having the tougher games in the beginning might help us build a pretty decent streak before the NCAAs. Remember, the NCAAs weigh what a team has done towards the end of their season more than how they started it.