WAC season

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

WAC season

Post by UH Fan »

Okay, it's time for the WAC hoops season and I have a feeling the Bows will get at least one win on the trip (maybe even a sweep, with a nice win over Nevada on ESPN2)... to think, if Hawaii wins all its WAC home games and half of its WAC road games, we'll have a 22-4 record, with one more win with that Bracketbuster game at the Stan! Hopefully good enough for an at-large bid.

On the other hand, I've noticed something a little concerning...
It's nice that many of the UH hoopsters (Gibson, Gipson, Nash...) have stepped it up in the Rainbow Classic, but Sensley hasn't well these past three games:
1. He's averaged just 7.3 points
2. He's shot just 9 for 27 (33%)
3. He hesitated on several shots in the last 5 minutes of the USC game, which he normally would have taken
4. He looked really dejected at the end of the USC game, even during the awards ceremony. In fact, Nash, Gibson, Gipson, and the rest of the bunch seemed really enthused, while Sensley looked really down.

Anyone else noticed this? Hopefully I'm looking too much into this... I hope it's just an aberration.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

The Honolulu Advertiser wrote:Junior forward Julian Sensley had a subpar Rainbow Classic by his standards, but Wallace said his value has been a key to the team's early season success.

"When you have a 6-9 guy who's 235 (pounds) and can go out there and guard a smaller guy ... if he weren't athletic enough to go out there and guard somebody, then we'd be in trouble," Wallace said. "This team is big and they play big, and he's kind of that key ingredient."

Sensley continues to lead the team in scoring (12.9 per game), rebounding (7.4) and assists (3.1).
I think he'll be fine.

UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by UH Fan »

H20,

I hope you're right buddy... nice post from the Advertiser.

By the way, I double-checked K-Five's television schedule for Wednesday and looks like they have UH basketball slated for 5 p.m. I'm assuming that's the UH-Fresno game. Hopefully.

I wouldn't mind if O-16 telecasts the UH away games this year. It wouldn't hurt me if they pre-empted that STUPID Living Local With the Baraquios show.... :evil: I may be Filipino, but I can't stand those stupid pregnant sisters talking nonsense... what makes them so special? :-({|=

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Here's this weeks road schedule:

12/29/04 UH @ Fresno State 5:00 pm (HST) KFVE, SPORTSWEST, ESPN FULL COURT
LINK: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/partners/p ... 1623130000

UH M-Volleyball exhibition game against Alberta will also be shown live on KFVE @ 7:00 pm following the basketball game. LINK: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/partners/p ... 0398010736

01/01/05 UH @ Nevada 7:05 pm (HST) ESPN2