Rainbow Classic Game Thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Rainbow Classic Game Thread

Post by ktownwarrior »

I'll just go ahead and open this up to talk about the games UH plays in, and maybe the others too.

Interesting development (not in the Classic, but in the WAC ;)), La. Tech is hammering Memphis at Memphis by 11 at the moment.

Edit: Bulldogs win by 10 at Memphis. In more pressing matters, Oral Roberts just pasted Georgetown by 18 and should Hawaii get by LBSU, they would have to face them int he second round.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

They are off to a slow start, looks like they are hurrying their shot. Even though they don't have to.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This LBSU team is really bad, Hawaii should be up by at least 20. Hawaii seems to be playing down to their competition tonight....so far 10 minutes left in the first half.

Mahalo,
Scott

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

A lot of blocks so far. Hawaii's shots have looked like a 6 year old team's so far. Hitting the bottom of the rim, the top of the glass, the side of the glass. Yet they still have the lead for now.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thank God that knee to the head didn't hurt Jeff's jumper! He's the only guy consitantly hitting his shots. Nash is 0-5 so far, I think he took 4 three point shots.
Hawaii didn't shoot many threes this year, but today they are taking a lot of shots behind the arc and the line is 9" farther then usual. ?????

Mahalo,
Scott

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Yeah, they're laying a bunch of bricks and when they take it inside LBSU's thrown some block parties. Hawaii does play good team defense though and hopefully the nerves and the rust from not playing in several days will wear off in the second half.

They must improve to gain some momentum heading into the Oral Roberts game.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I'm noticing that Hawaii isn't running their offense tonight and RW doesn't seem to be yelling at them for it. No one is cutting to the basket, eveyone seems to be taking it to the hole and playing a little more one on one then usual. Are they hiding it from the scouts (other teams) that are watching? Oooohhh, how sneaky!

Mahalo,
Scott

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Could be, but probably not. They're stinking it up tonight and even if they are faking it, they're only up 4 and if they lose this game it doesn't matter.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

i think they just werent executing tonight but you know thats a good thing because the oral roberts scouts and coaches saw NOTHING except how bad we play lol... if they prepare for hawaii on what they saw tonight i pick hawaii by 10...

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Man that was close. I was shirting my pants in the second half. LBS was on a roll coming close. Gibson came up big for Hawaii. He reminds me kinda of Chris Herren from Fresno St. You can't stop him, he plays with a lot of intensity, and is small kine on the rebel side. 2 thumbs for him though.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Yeeky! Yucky! Ugly win! Thank goodness it was Long Beach State! :-?

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Great effort, shots just couldn't fall I guess. I hope this never happens again, because shooting under 30% from the field won't win against good teams.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

Southern Cal shocked UAB with a game winning three. So, this is to avoid having UH vs. UAB in both basketball and football, to remain unbeaten and to have another shot at the Rainbow Classic title.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

we can't shoot. what's going on? Take Bobby out and put Little Matt back in.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

8-2 Oral Roberts. Time out Hawaii. UH still has problems shooting and getting into a rhythm offensively. Also, I'm starting to get tired of Bobby Nash and his bad play. I understand how it feels to be nervous and to struggle, but man, he's having problems everywhere.