Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

#1Kahuku wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:53 pm
genks wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 pm
#1Kahuku wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 pm
Yes, Iolani get one bigger enrollment den Kahuku, grades 9 thru 12.
Besides, dey and St. Lulu are two schools that be killing high skoo football hea. Ain’t nobody greedy as Iolani and St. Lulu. Those two skoos cry lak babies when dey no win state titles.
Da HHSAA bettah “tweak” the state tournament by completely expelling st louis and Iolani until they commit to giving up their predatory recruiting of our local community kids. other than that, let them play in their own “championship game” against each other and call it The Recruit Bowl
St. Louis broke the system with dey win at all costs mentality. Dey knew dey couldn’t keep up wit da local community schools which get strong neighborhood bonds and Dey knew da education they offer is subpar at best.
so what did st lulu do? they decided that the only way they can stay open is football revenue, so they destroyed high school football by ruthless and predatory recruiting. it was so bad that the OIA split and created their own league and now “coach” cal lee and his minions in the HHSAA once again is trying to merge the leagues to finish the job. now schools like mililani feel da need to recruit to even keep up and all you ILH/cal lee fanboys are blaming mililani and Kahuks instead of looking at the mirror and looking deep within your own selves
Iolani do the same thing wit dey insecurity bout losing. Yes, dey get strong academics but be poachin from Dole Intermediate jus to win at all costs like St Lulu.
The worst person in da state of Hawaii be a fan of BOTH Iolani and St Louis. He’d make Charles Manson look like an angel!
I love how you say ILH schools cry when they don’t win championships. Who’s on here crying about recruiting this, evil Cal Lee that? Also didn’t bother to read “da ress of yo post cuz da bugga all hamma jang” but I bet it’s full of the crying you do on HPW. When Kahuku was on top, people like you posted everywhere trashing STL saying they overrated, soft, etc. When Kahuku loses people like you post stuff like boycott STL. You’re probably that guy on HPW with 4 screen names, from Waialua wishing you played for Kahuku. You just giving actual Kahuku residents a bad name. Thats the one meal you get from me, troll
What makes you think I only hating on Cal Lee? Wendell Look the crook stay just as greedy as him. Besides, you ain’t no Iolani fan, too, is you?
@#1Kahuku: I don't care for Iolani School, but they're in D1, not Open, so they can brag only so much. Again, I can't speak for genks, but I couldn't imagine why a St Louis alumnus would also be an Iolani fan. That would be like a Kahuku alumnus being also a Mililani fan.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 pm
#1Kahuku wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 pm
Yes, Iolani get one bigger enrollment den Kahuku, grades 9 thru 12.
Besides, dey and St. Lulu are two schools that be killing high skoo football hea. Ain’t nobody greedy as Iolani and St. Lulu. Those two skoos cry lak babies when dey no win state titles.
Da HHSAA bettah “tweak” the state tournament by completely expelling st louis and Iolani until they commit to giving up their predatory recruiting of our local community kids. other than that, let them play in their own “championship game” against each other and call it The Recruit Bowl
St. Louis broke the system with dey win at all costs mentality. Dey knew dey couldn’t keep up wit da local community schools which get strong neighborhood bonds and Dey knew da education they offer is subpar at best.
so what did st lulu do? they decided that the only way they can stay open is football revenue, so they destroyed high school football by ruthless and predatory recruiting. it was so bad that the OIA split and created their own league and now “coach” cal lee and his minions in the HHSAA once again is trying to merge the leagues to finish the job. now schools like mililani feel da need to recruit to even keep up and all you ILH/cal lee fanboys are blaming mililani and Kahuks instead of looking at the mirror and looking deep within your own selves
Iolani do the same thing wit dey insecurity bout losing. Yes, dey get strong academics but be poachin from Dole Intermediate jus to win at all costs like St Lulu.
The worst person in da state of Hawaii be a fan of BOTH Iolani and St Louis. He’d make Charles Manson look like an angel!
I hope Kahuku can rebound. I really believe they had it right with Vavae Tata but I guess he had a dispute with the admin. Even Makoa Freitas did a decent job in his 1 year. What do you think of Sterling Carvalho?

The talent is there no question. JV only lost 1 game I believe and Laie Park Red Raiders won the 14 U for the JPS Spring Division. Hopefully, they can get the ship right this season.
@teamhawaii: I don't think Tata was really a good fit. For one thing, he's a St Louis alumnus. I mean, it can be hard for Kahuku alumni to accept a football HC at their alma mater who's a St Louis grad; the rivalry is just a little too strong. Any sport but football.
Kahuku might have a chance for OIA, but not States. They just won't be able to get around St Louis. Kahuku's JV was good, but so was St Louis'.
Actually, Tata was a great fit. In his 2 years he went to 2 State Championships (Won 1), Gave up like less than 70 points in the whole season in 2015 and his only 2 losses was to the number 1 team in the nation in Bishop Gorman and St. Louis in states in the 2 years.

The community had no problem with him being from St. Louis, it was the administration. He wasn’t a yes man. He also didn’t make any lifelong connections in Kahuku either with the staff.

It actually amazes me that Carvalho still has a job after last years debacle.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

Alright!! the season will be here soon... Any word on where the st. francis kids will be playing, or any major transfer news?? I know Stl RB Sam and LB Deblake transferred to Mililani as well as an LB from Kapolei also. that's the biggest news I've heard so far. I know that the oia doesn't have a rule on transferring, basically if you live in kahuku and want to go to campbell… you can. If you live in Kapolei, and want to go to Mililani...you can. If you live in kalihi, and want to go to Mililani....you can. it's all good!! Can't complain, just got to let it ride and enjoy the season. Just like with the ilh, can't be mad that stl and Punahou get a lot of top notch athletes. i'd want my kids to go there, if they could handle it and i could afford it lol. i mean stl is only really a football powerhouse, but Punahou won 1/3 of all the hs sports state titles this past year....that's a big time athletic program. i could care less if ilh or oia recruit (and it's obviously happening in both leagues) i just want to see some solid games. and i believe the way it's set up now (open, d1 and d2) it's more competitive than it was before.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Dog 96707,

I think when you don't hear news about particular transfers in this day and age,it probably means they are going to the mainland. In the islands,it's a small community and anyone with sharp eyes and ears or good sources can see who's new on campus for spring drills.They can also see who is missing that should have been there from last fall.

I just wonder if the best of those St.Francis players are going to the mainland.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

teamhawaii, I no blame Sterling 4 last yea. It wuz injuries that wen ruin our season and wuz da problem, not coaching.

If we no suffer choke injuries lak we did last yea, we should contend again.

Dog 96707, I get no beef wit Mililani if dey get players that no live in Millsville. If dey go St. Louis or Iolani, dey get no respect from me an go make me hate those 2 skoos mo!
Last edited by #1Kahuku on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

If genks ain’t no Iolani fan, I might like him even though he one Crusader.

An Fanatic, I wen seen some people who wen support Iolani an St Louis. Maybe dey parents.

Cannot believe no Iolani fan wen come an bash me. You figgah dey go come an claim dey bettah den me since dey Iolani fans!

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

Well now we know where rb and OL from st. francis will be going to school this year. That's a solid addition to an already talented farrington squad.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:49 pm Well now we know where rb and OL from st. francis will be going to school this year. That's a solid addition to an already talented farrington squad.
Even with those additions, I don’t think Farrington will finish among the top 4 in the Open. They should win more games than last year, though, and won’t lose 72-6 to St. Louis again.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

St.Francis QB really helps the Gov offense,because Raymond Millare was their only game breaker returning on offense what with Afe graduating and RJ Tagataese transferring to a Las Vegas high school. Chaves can direct the offense, get the ball to Millare,and the OL St.Francis kid is a monster addition to the OL even by Bamboola standards. 6-7 and 340 lbs is huge for them. The Govs have had traditionally tough offensive lines with a lot of 250-300 pounders, but only 6-0 or less in height.

I think Farrington now might be able to get past Waianae and maybe even Kapolei to avoid the Open cellar this year.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm St.Francis QB really helps the Gov offense,because Raymond Millare was their only game breaker returning on offense what with Afe graduating and RJ Tagataese transferring to a Las Vegas high school. Chaves can direct the offense, get the ball to Millare,and the OL St.Francis kid is a monster addition to the OL even by Bamboola standards. 6-7 and 340 lbs is huge for them. The Govs have had traditionally tough offensive lines with a lot of 250-300 pounders, but only 6-0 or less in height.

I think Farrington now might be able to get past Waianae and maybe even Kapolei to avoid the Open cellar this year.
Haven’t they had Kapolei’s number last 3 years or so? I thought the Govs even blanked the Canes. I always thought it was strange because Govs offense really struggles and Kapolei could score points.

Did they beat Waianae last year? Can’t remember. Both teams have similar offense but Waianae has stronger defense.

Not familiar with their incoming qb but the Govs passing has been poor. If the new qb is good, could really help them out.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 pm
unpaid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm St.Francis QB really helps the Gov offense,because Raymond Millare was their only game breaker returning on offense what with Afe graduating and RJ Tagataese transferring to a Las Vegas high school. Chaves can direct the offense, get the ball to Millare,and the OL St.Francis kid is a monster addition to the OL even by Bamboola standards. 6-7 and 340 lbs is huge for them. The Govs have had traditionally tough offensive lines with a lot of 250-300 pounders, but only 6-0 or less in height.

Haven’t they had Kapolei’s number last 3 years or so? I thought the Govs even blanked the Canes. I always thought it was strange because Govs offense really struggles and Kapolei could score points.

Did they beat Waianae last year? Can’t remember. Both teams have similar offense but Waianae has stronger defense.

Not familiar with their incoming qb but the Govs passing has been poor. If the new qb is good, could really help them out.
I think they lost to Waianae since there was a 3-way tie at the bottom of the Open.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 pm

I hope Kahuku can rebound. I really believe they had it right with Vavae Tata but I guess he had a dispute with the admin. Even Makoa Freitas did a decent job in his 1 year. What do you think of Sterling Carvalho?

The talent is there no question. JV only lost 1 game I believe and Laie Park Red Raiders won the 14 U for the JPS Spring Division. Hopefully, they can get the ship right this season.
@teamhawaii: I don't think Tata was really a good fit. For one thing, he's a St Louis alumnus. I mean, it can be hard for Kahuku alumni to accept a football HC at their alma mater who's a St Louis grad; the rivalry is just a little too strong. Any sport but football.
Kahuku might have a chance for OIA, but not States. They just won't be able to get around St Louis. Kahuku's JV was good, but so was St Louis'.
Actually, Tata was a great fit. In his 2 years he went to 2 State Championships (Won 1), Gave up like less than 70 points in the whole season in 2015 and his only 2 losses was to the number 1 team in the nation in Bishop Gorman and St. Louis in states in the 2 years.

The community had no problem with him being from St. Louis, it was the administration. He wasn’t a yes man. He also didn’t make any lifelong connections in Kahuku either with the staff.

It actually amazes me that Carvalho still has a job after last years debacle.
@teamhawaii: Regarding Carvalho still being coach, YEAH. You described Kahuku's last season well: "Debacle." By Kahuku High standards, that's really what it was. I wonder whether there's some kind of double standard being applied to Carvalho; after all, why was Freitas let go for less? Carvalho isn't a Kahuku alumnus; he's a Kauai alumnus. Or, could it be that no one else wants the job?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 am Alright!! the season will be here soon... Any word on where the st. francis kids will be playing, or any major transfer news?? I know Stl RB Sam and LB Deblake transferred to Mililani as well as an LB from Kapolei also. that's the biggest news I've heard so far. I know that the oia doesn't have a rule on transferring, basically if you live in kahuku and want to go to campbell… you can. If you live in Kapolei, and want to go to Mililani...you can. If you live in kalihi, and want to go to Mililani....you can. it's all good!! Can't complain, just got to let it ride and enjoy the season. Just like with the ilh, can't be mad that stl and Punahou get a lot of top notch athletes. i'd want my kids to go there, if they could handle it and i could afford it lol. i mean stl is only really a football powerhouse, but Punahou won 1/3 of all the hs sports state titles this past year....that's a big time athletic program. i could care less if ilh or oia recruit (and it's obviously happening in both leagues) i just want to see some solid games. and i believe the way it's set up now (open, d1 and d2) it's more competitive than it was before.
@Dog 96707: Well, I'm glad that Deblake and Sam have transferred to Mililani, instead of to, say, Punahou. And, yes, OIA students can transfer to other OIA schools if they secure a geographic exception; doesn't matter where on the island you live. But, isn't there a rule that the kid has to sit-out one year? If that's the case, Sam and Deblake can't play this coming season. And, I'm glad you mentioned Punahou hog-cheesing so many state titles. This didn't happen only last year; it happens just about every year, and that's what I resent. Given Punahou's annual hog-cheesing of titles, I find it galling to see them win ANY games in ANY sport.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:49 am Dog 96707,

I think when you don't hear news about particular transfers in this day and age,it probably means they are going to the mainland. In the islands,it's a small community and anyone with sharp eyes and ears or good sources can see who's new on campus for spring drills.They can also see who is missing that should have been there from last fall.

I just wonder if the best of those St.Francis players are going to the mainland.
@unpaid: I think it's unlikely that many St Francis players are transferring to mainland schools. If their parents are willing to shell-out for strong academics, they can have their kids transfer to Iolani School, Punahou School, or some small private school. An example of the latter would be Mid-Pac Institute. They have pretty strong academics, and of course their kids can play for Pac-Five. So, I think there's really no reason for St Francis players to transfer to mainland schools.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

#1Kahuku wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:49 pm teamhawaii, I no blame Sterling 4 last yea. It wuz injuries that wen ruin our season and wuz da problem, not coaching.

If we no suffer choke injuries lak we did last yea, we should contend again.

Dog 96707, I get no beef wit Mililani if dey get players that no live in Millsville. If dey go St. Louis or Iolani, dey get no respect from me an go make me hate those 2 skoos mo!
@#1Kahuku: Yeah, that's right; I forgot about the many injuries they had this past season. In spite of that, though, the HC is still often blamed for a lousy season. I'm beginning to wonder whether there's something about Carvalho's temperament that's causing Kahuku's AD and principal to keep him. By that I mean, maybe they just like him as a person. Also, I share your dislike for Iolani, in particular. St Louis, I dislike only because of their football dominance. If they weren't dominant in football, I'd probably be neutral towards them.