2018-19 Wrestling season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
yeahyou73
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2018-19 Wrestling season

Post by yeahyou73 »

Is seeding meeting for officials tonight? Any one got the ins with seeding info? Anything interesting?

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

They need to do something about some of the refs there a bunch of lazy idiots with to much bad calls & to fuckn lazy to get on the Mat when there's a pinning situation what makes it worst is when there bad calls determine a match

FlyingSquirrel808
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FlyingSquirrel808 »

Rds wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:18 pm They need to do something about some of the refs there a bunch of lazy idiots with to much bad calls & to fuckn lazy to get on the Mat when there's a pinning situation what makes it worst is when there bad calls determine a match
Yeahhh! There are a bunch of good refs too, but definitely a bunch of lazy shitty ones too. I get anybody can make a bad judgement call, but I swear some don't even know all the rules.

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

They should at least be consistent with there calls but the only thing there consistent at is screwing over kids that wrestle there okole off to only loose because of a refs bad call the worst I seen at Official's was the match between Kalaheo's 132 vs. Watanabe in the quarter final that ref is a complete idiot & should be ban from officiating any tournament he didn't know what the fudge he was doing

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

I think there will be a lot of changes to the boys P4P list now that Official's is done I'm pretty sure the only wrestler's that haven't suffered a lost yet is #1 Terakina #6 Leong & # 7 Gillcoat

FlyingSquirrel808

Rds wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm I think there will be a lot of changes to the boys P4P list now that Official's is done I'm pretty sure the only wrestler's that haven't suffered a lost yet is #1 Terakina #6 Leong & # 7 Gillcoat
If Mason Stefanelli doesn't jump up to the top 5 of that list, idk what to say...

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

I don't know about top 5 the kid is a beast but I think he needs to win a state championship first

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:46 pm
Rds wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm I think there will be a lot of changes to the boys P4P list now that Official's is done I'm pretty sure the only wrestler's that haven't suffered a lost yet is #1 Terakina #6 Leong & # 7 Gillcoat
If Mason Stefanelli doesn't jump up to the top 5 of that list, idk what to say...
The reason I think he's not going to be in the top 5 is because Leong took out the top 3 seeds @States Mil champ,Ilh champ & the Oia champ that was #3 on the p4p list Makoa Cooper to win his State championship @160 & Leong didn't make the top 10 p4p last year & this year is @ #6 on the p4p

FlyingSquirrel808

Rds wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:04 pm
The reason I think he's not going to be in the top 5 is because Leong took out the top 3 seeds @States Mil champ,Ilh champ & the Oia champ that was #3 on the p4p list Makoa Cooper to win his State championship @160 & Leong didn't make the top 10 p4p last year & this year is @ #6 on the p4p
I agree I think Leong needs to move into the top 5 too. I think Asuncion and Ravida can move out of the top 5 and move Leong and Stefanelli in. Gilcoat should stay right at #6 since he won Maui (convincingly over Diamond) but did not wrestle at officials. Here would be my new top 10:
1. Terukina
2. Pagurayan
3. Wusstig
4. Leong
5. Stefanelli
6. Gilcoat
7. Porter
8. C. Ravida
9. Asuncion
10. Taam
Honorable Mention: Desantos and Ursua

Does anybody know if Nishigaya is wrestling this year?

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:03 am

I agree I think Leong needs to move into the top 5 too. I think Asuncion and Ravida can move out of the top 5 and move Leong and Stefanelli in. Gilcoat should stay right at #6 since he won Maui (convincingly over Diamond) but did not wrestle at officials. Here would be my new top 10:
1. Terukina
2. Pagurayan
3. Wusstig
4. Leong
5. Stefanelli
6. Gilcoat
7. Porter
8. C. Ravida
9. Asuncion
10. Taam

I think Leong should be @ #2 Pagurayan & Wusstig both have losses this year but I still think Stefanelli needs to win a state title or place @ states to get a into the P4P

FlyingSquirrel808

Rds wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm

1. Terukina
2. Pagurayan
3. Wusstig
4. Leong
5. Stefanelli
6. Gilcoat
7. Porter
8. C. Ravida
9. Asuncion
10. Taam

I think Leong should be @ #2 Pagurayan & Wusstig both have losses this year but I still think Stefanelli needs to win a state title or place @ states to get a into the P4P
I hear what you're saying and I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything, but I respectfully disagree. It's true, it may be too early to put him in there right now, but at some point this year, I think he needs to be in there. Freshmen in college don't start off ranked (think Spencer Lee and Yianni D. last year or Daton Fix, Gable Steveson, and Roman Bravo Young this year), but eventually they move up the rankings throughout the year. Just watching Stefanelli actually wrestle and dominate anybody that's put in front of him is pretty convincing. He's not just winning by 1 or 2 against anybody. He is putting up points and then pinning every single opponent. Of course, I'm just another guy and that's my opinion, but all I'm saying is keep him on your watch list!

Chile
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Chile »

FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:17 am

1. Terukina
2. Pagurayan
3. Wusstig
4. Leong
5. Stefanelli
6. Gilcoat
7. Porter
8. C. Ravida
9. Asuncion
10. Taam

I hear what you're saying and I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything, but I respectfully disagree. It's true, it may be too early to put him in there right now, but at some point this year, I think he needs to be in there. Freshmen in college don't start off ranked (think Spencer Lee and Yianni D. last year or Daton Fix, Gable Steveson, and Roman Bravo Young this year), but eventually they move up the rankings throughout the year. Just watching Stefanelli actually wrestle and dominate anybody that's put in front of him is pretty convincing. He's not just winning by 1 or 2 against anybody. He is putting up points and then pinning every single opponent. Of course, I'm just another guy and that's my opinion, but all I'm saying is keep him on your watch list!
Who has Stefanelli beaten? A returning placer? Or other freshmen’s and non placers? Top 5 needs credentials

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Chile wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:10 pm
FlyingSquirrel808 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:17 am

Who has Stefanelli beaten? A returning placer? Or other freshmen’s and non placers? Top 5 needs credentials
I agree with that 100% that's why I think Stefanelli needs to win a state championship first to even make the top 10 there's no way he'll be in the top 5

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Anybody know if there was any Good match ups @ Moanalua's duals tournament this weekend?

FlyingSquirrel808

Rds wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am Anybody know if there was any Good match ups @ Moanalua's duals tournament this weekend?
Terukina bumped up to wrestle Ursua, and beat him by a few points, forgot the exact score. I must say Kamehameha looks pretty strong all the way through the lineup.

At Pa'ani, Skye Realin knocked off Estrella-Beauchamp at 127. Nanea Estrella bumped all the way up to 138 and beat Miguel in a pretty exciting back and forth match.

Again, anybody know if Nishigaya from Iolani is wrestling this year? I haven't seen him on the mat yet.