unpaid D-II football.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
kevinspencer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football.

Post by kevinspencer »

Perhaps, it looks logical to assume that some people who applied for admission are just as likely to be even conservative. What do you think? Best Regards, [url]http://resumeperk.com/blog/signs-you-ne ... ing-resume[/url], writing team

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

kevinspencer wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 am Perhaps, it looks logical to assume that some people who applied for admission are just as likely to be even conservative. What do you think? Best Regards, http://resumeperk.com/blog/signs-you-ne ... ing-resume, writing team
@kevinspencer: Yeah, it's just a hunch I have that most parents who try to send their kids to elite private schools like Iolani School or Punahou School, tend to be conservative. Of course, not all of them, but I strongly suspect that most of them are conservative.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.4 Konawaena and No.10 Kapaa.

Konawaena has the edge in football tested players. I expect the Wildcats to take the win.

No.7 Roosevelt and No.8 Pac-5.

The more I think about Roosevelts opening win,the more I think about how lucky they were that all those fumbles didn't cost them the game. Are they going to be that bad on offense again? If they are, can their defense come up with another six or seven sacks? Don't think so. Pac-5 for the win.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Two,

1.Lahainaluna 1-0 DNP
2.St.Francis 2-0 beat McKinley.
3.Kamehameha-Maui 0-0 DNP
4.Kaimuki 1-0 defeated Kalani.
5.Roosevelt 2-0 eked past Pac-5.
6.Pearl City 1-1 Got past Waialua.
7.Kauai 2-0 Red Raiders off to a nice start.
8.Kapaa 1-1 upset Konawaena.
9.Konawaena 0-2 after effects from the pounding by Kahuku?
10.Pac-5 0-1 tough two point loss to Roosevelt.

Kaimuki and Roosevelt matchup next week to begin sorting out the pecking order in the OIA.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Didn't read any recap or even look at stats but wow, Konawaena got shutout

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Neighbor wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:16 pm Didn't read any recap or even look at stats but wow, Konawaena got shutout
Konawaena had trouble getting their offense in gear. If anything was obvious it was their inability to execute like they've done in years past. I would say the slushy field played a factor but that didn't stop Kapaa at all so strike that excuse. I will be the first to admit I've come to expect Kona to be competitive in every game but this game made me realize this might be a long season for them. Hard to replace a Austin Ewing and Chancy Mariani-Louis and it is hard to expect the same execution and leadership from inexperienced skilled positions. Unlike last year where they came back and ran the table all the way to the DII championship game, I think they'll struggle against DII teams to defend their BIIF title.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.4 Kaimuki and No.5 Roosevelt,

Rough Riders still a little sloppy on offense and need to get better on defense.They are2-0 ,but the win margin has gone from close to uncomfortably close in two games. Kaimuki is the toughest test yet for Roosevelt. I think the Bulldogs give the Rough Riders a wake-up call. Kaimuki for the win.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If St. Francis and Lahainaluna don’t play for the championship, it’ll be a shock.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Three,

1.Lahainaluna 2-0
2.St.Francis 3-0
3.Kamehameha-Maui 1-0
4.Kaimuki 2-0 Beat Roosevelt.Bulldogs looking like the team to beat in the OIA.
5.Pearl City 2-1
6. Roosevelt 2-1 Rough Riders drop one spot.
7.Kauai 2-0 DNP
8.Kapaa 1 -1 DNP
9. Pac-5 1-1 Wolfpack move up one spot.
10.Konawaena 0-2 DNP

Lunas and the Saints seem to be the class of D-II right now.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Although St Francis does look impressive, they have beat 3 teams with a combined record of 1-7.
KS-Maui? They beat American Heritage. Lol. No clue.
Kaimuki is so hard to judge too, beating Kalani eh. Beating Roosevelt eh. Just no real substance in OIA D2.
Kapaa deserves more credit...they are top 3 right now.
Lahaina is just straight rolling, but who will keep them motivated on Maui?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I wish there was a way to watch Lahainaluna's games or even just highlights of it. That crazy system they run is fun to watch. I think that'll be enough to keep them on their toes.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.4 Kaimuki and No.9 Pac-5.

Kaimuki has had a more productive offense and definitely a better defense than Pac-5 so far. Bulldogs for the win.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Lane wiped out the slate of games this week in D-II so Week Four rank is a repeat of the Week Three rank.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 St.Francis and No.5 Pearl City.
There is no doubt that The Saints have a lot of talent. The reason why the ILH might have kept them in D-II is because they couldn't get past Damien the last two years. Pearl City and Kaimuki are the kind of teams that present the kind of challenge that Damien did the past two seasons. The Chargers should give St.Francis a tough contest , but the Saints should prevail in the end. St.Francis for the win.

No.7 Kauai and No.8 Kapaa.

The Red Raiders and the Warriors have both had their moments in non-league action so far. I think both teams are about even in coaching and talent. Still have to pick a win so, I think Kapaa takes this matchup.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Kauai actually played Waimea,not Kapaa. Red Raiders beat the Menehune.

Kamehameha-Maui edged D-I Baldwin 29-28 in 2OT. Looks like a matchup of unbeaten teams when the Warriors play the Lunas. I wonder if these teams have ever gone into their first game against each other unbeaten?