unpaid D-II football.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

unpaid D-II football.

Post by unpaid »

Many teams kick off the 2018 season next weekend with the rest starting the week after next. Here is the preseason D-II rank.

1.Lahainaluna
2.St.Francis
3.Konawaena
4.Kamehameha-Maui
5.Pearl City
6.Kaimuki
7.Roosevelt
8.Kapaa
9. Pac-5
10.Kauai

There were no changes from the Way Too Early ranking this spring.

Got to hand it to Konawaena for scheduling Kahuku. There will be some lessons to learn from that contest,for sure.

genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-II football.

Post by genks »

No Damien?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Damien is in D-I in the middle tier with teams like Leilehua, Iolani,and so on.Right now,I don't feel that the Monarchs are a top ten squad in D-I so you won't see Damien in that rank unless they put together a serious five or six game win streak.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:18 pm Damien is in D-I in the middle tier with teams like Leilehua, Iolani,and so on.Right now,I don't feel that the Monarchs are a top ten squad in D-I so you won't see Damien in that rank unless they put together a serious five or six game win streak.
Was it always like this or did they move up? Last year was just Damien, St Francis, Pac5 stuck together

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

1. Lahainaluna
2. St Francis
3. Kapaa
4. Konawaena
5. Pearl City
6. Kaimuki
7. KS-Maui
8. Kauai
9. KS-Hawai’i
10. PAC-5

Lahaina returns key players, but will lose some solid lineman. Hopefully KS-Maui can give them some competition this season. An early season matchup with Kapaa will be interesting. St Francis also returns a slew of talent but at times are so unpredictable. Kapaa was young and talented last year and that could all come to fruitrition this season, they will be the team to beat in the KIF. Konawaena loses some big time names but somehow always seems to surprise everyone. Scheduling Kahuku is awesome! Many will think that’s a bad idea, but a challenge like that can only improve your program. The OIA will be a tight race between the Chargers and Kaimuki. The Chargers also lose some big names but they will be scrappy and had a solid JV team last season. Kaimuki should be on the verge of producing with Tautofi in his third year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:27 am
unpaid wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:18 pm Damien is in D-I in the middle tier with teams like Leilehua, Iolani,and so on.Right now,I don't feel that the Monarchs are a top ten squad in D-I so you won't see Damien in that rank unless they put together a serious five or six game win streak.
Was it always like this or did they move up? Last year was just Damien, St Francis, Pac5 stuck together
I think Iolani played at D2 with P5 while Damien and SFS played at D1.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Looking forward to...

No.1 Lahainaluna and No.8 Kapaa.

The defending D-II champion Lunas are loaded with senior leadership and overall football ability and experience.Kapaa is young. Lunas for the win.

My pick for the No.3 Konawaena and D-I No.1 Kahuku matchup is on the D-I thread.

genks,

Damien declared for D-I in football this year after having been in D-II for many years. The Monarchs should have a chance to compete in D-I since the toughest D-I teams have their own Open Division to compete in for a state championship.To put it another way,Leilehua and Kailua are a lot easier to go up against than Kahuku or St.Louis. If Damien wants to improve it's program, then moving up to D-I is the logical step in the current landscape. The Monarchs won the past two ILH D-II titles and went D-I for states ,falling to Hilo in last year's D-I state title game.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:36 am Looking forward to...

No.1 Lahainaluna and No.8 Kapaa.

The defending D-II champion Lunas are loaded with senior leadership and overall football ability and experience.Kapaa is young. Lunas for the win.

My pick for the No.3 Konawaena and D-I No.1 Kahuku matchup is on the D-I thread.

genks,

Damien declared for D-I in football this year after having been in D-II for many years. The Monarchs should have a chance to compete in D-I since the toughest D-I teams have their own Open Division to compete in for a state championship.To put it another way,Leilehua and Kailua are a lot easier to go up against than Kahuku or St.Louis. If Damien wants to improve it's program, then moving up to D-I is the logical step in the current landscape. The Monarchs won the past two ILH D-II titles and went D-I for states ,falling to Hilo in last year's D-I state title game.
Oh that’s right, Lahainaluna had that crazy 7 period OT game against Konawaena then Hilo beat Damien. Good for Damien. If they can move up then go for it.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:30 am
genks wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:27 am
I think Iolani played at D2 with P5 while Damien and SFS played at D1.
Damien and SF do need to be separated from Pac5. The difference in size and ability is like when Mililani smashes Moanalua.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

University Ave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:19 pm 1. Lahainaluna
2. St Francis
3. Kapaa
4. Konawaena
5. Pearl City
6. Kaimuki
7. KS-Maui
8. Kauai
9. KS-Hawai’i
10. PAC-5

Lahaina returns key players, but will lose some solid lineman. Hopefully KS-Maui can give them some competition this season. An early season matchup with Kapaa will be interesting. St Francis also returns a slew of talent but at times are so unpredictable. Kapaa was young and talented last year and that could all come to fruitrition this season, they will be the team to beat in the KIF. Konawaena loses some big time names but somehow always seems to surprise everyone. Scheduling Kahuku is awesome! Many will think that’s a bad idea, but a challenge like that can only improve your program. The OIA will be a tight race between the Chargers and Kaimuki. The Chargers also lose some big names but they will be scrappy and had a solid JV team last season. Kaimuki should be on the verge of producing with Tautofi in his third year.
Konawaena will be pushed again this year by KS Hawaii. Both are looking for offensive stability after the loss of Ewing to graduation and it appears KS Hawaii's three year starter Kaimi Like, has been dealing with injuries and didn't see action during the tri-scrimmage. KSH lost a lot on D and it showed in the scrimmage and their O without Like is limited to their QB running and scrambling.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Just a few minutes before kickoff. I appreciate the perspectives and knowledge you guys
are dropping on us. It's going to be a good season. Thanks.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week One,

1.Lahainaluna 1-0 Beat Kapaa.
2.St.Francis 1-0 Beat Radford.
3.Kamehameha-Maui 0-0 Did not play.
4.Konawaena 0-1 Lost to Kahuku. Came out with no injuries thankfully it seems.Frosh QB showed promise.
5.Kaimuki 0-0 DNP
6.Pearl City 0-1 Lost to D-I Kealakehe.
7.Roosevelt 1-0 Beat Nanakuli. Seven sacks overcame six fumbles in the Rough Riders win.
8.Pac-5 0-0 DNP
9.Kauai 1-0 steamrolled Kalaheo.
10.Kapaa 0-1 Lost to Lahainaluna.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

lmao and Iolani was initially in Division II. Give me a break.

TheRealDeal
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheRealDeal »

[quote=Neighbor post_id=589885 time=1533513144 user_id=5205]
lmao and Iolani was initially in Division II. Give me a break.
[/quote]

Who are you to criticize Iolani? LOL! You must be a liberal who's salty that he didn't get in! LOL!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

TheRealDeal wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Neighbor wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 pm lmao and Iolani was initially in Division II. Give me a break.

Who are you to criticize Iolani? LOL! You must be a liberal who's salty that he didn't get in! LOL!
@TheRealDeal: Just wanted to ask what makes you think Neighbor is a liberal. Iolani School is an elite private Episcopalian school, and it seems logical to assume that people who applied for admission are just as likely to be conservative, if not more so.