unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:13 am
Markeke wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:05 pm

@Markeke: Oh! You faked me out. I thought you posted "My Red Raiders" in the past. Oh well, OK. But even in your case, while you're not a Kahuku alumnus, you live in Kahuku's school district. And, as you said, your kids attended Kahuku. But, would you have sent your kids to Campbell High? Isn't that almost as far from Kahuku's school district as is Mililani High? Isn't Waialua High the closest public school to Kahuku High? (Well, not that you would have sent your kids to Waialua. Why would you have, when Kahuku always has a better football team?)
Lol, what I'm saying is that Campbell has the Johnsons, which are true RR. Kahuku OC Bryron Beatty and Darren Johnson are 1 st cousins. But no, the only way Kahuku loses kids are to the ILH top 3.
@Markeke: Oh. And, I think you're right about Kahuku losing players to the ILH Top Three. I've been hearing that Punahou has been ripping-off players from Kahuku. Frankly, if Kahuku players have to jump ship, I'd rather see them transfer to Mililani.
I would say there's more Kahuku kids at Saint Louis vs Punahou...

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am
Markeke wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 pm
Lol, what I'm saying is that Campbell has the Johnsons, which are true RR. Kahuku OC Bryron Beatty and Darren Johnson are 1 st cousins. But no, the only way Kahuku loses kids are to the ILH top 3.
@Markeke: Oh. And, I think you're right about Kahuku losing players to the ILH Top Three. I've been hearing that Punahou has been ripping-off players from Kahuku. Frankly, if Kahuku players have to jump ship, I'd rather see them transfer to Mililani.
@ka'ahupahau706: Actually, St Louis has been ripping-off players from McKinley. You might think, "What? McKinley has been weak for years!" Well, one of the reasons McKinley has been weak for years is that St Louis has been ripping-off players from them. Mayor Wright Homes is in McKinley's school district, and that housing project has been a gold mine of football talent for decades. Case-in-point: Faa Tuitele is from Mayor Wright, and therefore should be playing for McKinley. St Louis has been ripping-off players like him from McKinley for decades.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Kahuku kids would not jump to Mililani.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Kahuku kids would not jump to Mililani.
@Markeke: How do you know? Is it the distance? Is it because they would travel far only for a private school like Punahou? Like, I would hate to see Kahuku players take their talent to Punahou. Perhaps if they have relatives who live near Mililani, they can stay with them and play for Mililani.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

There already has been Kahuku players that jumped to Mililani

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 pm There already has been Kahuku players that jumped to Mililani
@Neighbor: Well, I'd rather have them jump to Mililani than to Punahou or St Louis.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

@ka'ahupahau706: Actually, St Louis has been ripping-off players from McKinley. You might think, "What? McKinley has been weak for years!" Well, one of the reasons McKinley has been weak for years is that St Louis has been ripping-off players from them. Mayor Wright Homes is in McKinley's school district, and that housing project has been a gold mine of football talent for decades. Case-in-point: Faa Tuitele is from Mayor Wright, and therefore should be playing for McKinley. St Louis has been ripping-off players like him from McKinley for decades.
So is it ripping off when any player attends any school that’s not in their district or just when The player chooses to attend St Louis?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 pm

So is it ripping off when any player attends any school that’s not in their district or just when The player chooses to attend St Louis?
@genks: OK, I know you're a St Louis alumnus. But, I don't think any other school has been ripping-off players from McKinley the way St Louis has. It goes back at least to the mid-'80s.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 pm

@genks: OK, I know you're a St Louis alumnus. But, I don't think any other school has been ripping-off players from McKinley the way St Louis has. It goes back at least to the mid-'80s.
Ok so

1. St Louis coaches broke into McKinley and ran off with players tied up in burlap sacks

2. Threatened parents at gun point, saying they better enroll their kid at St Louis or else

3. St Louis coaches formed a blockade at Mckinely so potential players could no longer attend school. They would also provide transportation to St Louis so the Mckinely players would not just go to Rosevelt.

4. St Louis hired people to sabatoge Mckinley school records so they didn’t know these players even existed.

5. Maybe St Louis employees just shouted hurtful words at McKinley?

If none of these events happened, explain to me exactly how St Louis ripped off McKinley?

I mean it’s completely impossible for a parent to make the choice to send their kid to St Louis without being kidnaped right?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:52 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Ok so

1. St Louis coaches broke into McKinley and ran off with players tied up in burlap sacks

2. Threatened parents at gun point, saying they better enroll their kid at St Louis or else

3. St Louis coaches formed a blockade at Mckinely so potential players could no longer attend school. They would also provide transportation to St Louis so the Mckinely players would not just go to Rosevelt.

4. St Louis hired people to sabatoge Mckinley school records so they didn’t know these players even existed.

5. Maybe St Louis employees just shouted hurtful words at McKinley?

If none of these events happened, explain to me exactly how St Louis ripped off McKinley?

I mean it’s completely impossible for a parent to make the choice to send their kid to St Louis without being kidnaped right?
@genks: genks, calm down. Obviously, we don't LITERALLY mean that St Louis kidnapped players from McKinley. What we mean is the big picture: For the past 30 years or more, there have been players wearing St Louis unis who should have been wearing McKinley unis. Obviously, those players were at St Louis by choice. The point is that McKinley still had been ripped-off. That's all we're saying. McKinley still had been ripped-off in the sense that those players normally would/should have been wearing McKinley unis. One way or another, for one reason or another, McKinley was deprived of those players.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Guess I should add that for the past 30 years, McKinley players probably wouldn't have transferred to Roosevelt, because Roosevelt wasn't the football powerhouse that St Louis was/is. I mean, I get that Roosevelt High is McKinley High's neighbor, and is therefore relatively nearby. Roosevelt High is closer to McKinley High, geographically speaking, than is St Louis School. But, McKinley players didn't have a football incentive to transfer to Roosevelt.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mililani won by 22 but looked much worse than the score indicates. Their offense was stagnant in the 1st half. Campbell’s anemic offense gave them the oppurtunities they needed to take a big lead. Regardless, don’t let that make you think that next week’s game will be 56-0 St. Louis. Mililani came off of a lackluster offensive performance against Farrington before they played us 4 yrs ago. Thing is, I’m cheering for Mililani because I enjoy watching St. Louis win as much as I enjoy a root canal.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 pm Mililani won by 22 but looked much worse than the score indicates. Their offense was stagnant in the 1st half. Campbell’s anemic offense gave them the oppurtunities they needed to take a big lead. Regardless, don’t let that make you think that next week’s game will be 56-0 St. Louis. Mililani came off of a lackluster offensive performance against Farrington before they played us 4 yrs ago. Thing is, I’m cheering for Mililani because I enjoy watching St. Louis win as much as I enjoy a root canal.
I know! I love a good root canal myself!

I think that was game plan by Mililani. They wanted to stick to running and did so successfully. I mean they still won, not that they ran the ball well

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I hope for Kahuku that 2019 is a better year for them on AND off the field. 2018 will likely always be a year they’d like to ignore because not only did they lose the most games I’ve seen Kahuku lose in years (and suffer many bad injuries), they’ve also endured way too many tragedies.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Wow horrible sportsmanship after the game. Even in the handshake line. Sometime you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail. But don’t be a jerk when it’s your turn to be the nail