unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by unpaid »

Tournament formats for football have,and for the foreseeable future will be decided by the biggest voting bloc among athletic directors. OIA has more football schools in the D-I classification than the total number of schools that play football from the ILH,BIIF,and Maui in D-I.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I have really enjoyed doing these D-I and D-II football ranks going on ten years now. I hope to finish out this season. However,that decision might be taken out of my hands, and I cannot say I disagree with the sentiments expressed to me.I will continue until I do not have this forum to post on anymore. Please be responsible when exercising your free speech. If not ,it will be taken away.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 pm I have really enjoyed doing these D-I and D-II football ranks going on ten years now. I hope to finish out this season. However,that decision might be taken out of my hands, and I cannot say I disagree with the sentiments expressed to me.I will continue until I do not have this forum to post on anymore. Please be responsible when exercising your free speech. If not ,it will be taken away.
Someone has expressed to you that this discussion will be closed or the forum will be closed?

I assume this is due to unpaid2’s rankings. I don’t remember him really attacking you. He maybe attacked your rankings, but this thread is about your rankings and not everyone will agree. I mean you put your rankings out there in a thread named “unpaid d-1 football” you gotta know that comes with both praise and criticism.

For me, every rankings has STL #1 since before the season started. You took a shot and put them at like 5. Obviously, you are very wrong. I post here because it’s fun to discuss with people. I always make it known that I am a 100% biased Crusader. So of course I want to see them at 1 in your rankings. That’s what this entire thread is about. I’ve reached a level of comfort here that I maybe be a tad less formal and proper in my opinions, but I don’t mean to be disrespectful. I am accountable for my posts, and I don’t have a problem apologizing if I truly offend someone. But I think you may be taking this too seriously, or someone is.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks, this has happened before—I think for a week in 2013, this board was shut down. But maybe that’d be a good thing—considering 2013 is the last year we won the state championship.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm genks, this has happened before—I think for a week in 2013, this board was shut down. But maybe that’d be a good thing—considering 2013 is the last year we won the state championship.
It would suck if it got shut down. I just don’t think anything was said that was really bad enough to think about shutting down the board. Well, that’s my opinion and I hope it doesn’t get shut down.

You mentioned earlier that Punahou has never beaten Campbell, have they just not challenged each other or has Campbell beaten Punahou?

ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

The last time I believe Punahou played Campbell was Deforest's senior year at Punahou. Campbell won. I don't remember the score but it was a pre-season game. Both teams looked very sloppy, but I'm sure the outcome will look a lot different this time around. Campbell hasn't looked impressive by any means. They are about to go through the gauntlet facing Punahou, STL, and Kahuku in the next 3 weeks. They just played Mililani and that was rough. I'm sure they'll come out firing this week against Punahou, but Punahou is probably also pissed after last weeks close game with STL. It should be a good game.

kaneoheboy44
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kaneoheboy44 »

unpaid wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 pm I have really enjoyed doing these D-I and D-II football ranks going on ten years now. I hope to finish out this season. However,that decision might be taken out of my hands, and I cannot say I disagree with the sentiments expressed to me.I will continue until I do not have this forum to post on anymore. Please be responsible when exercising your free speech. If not ,it will be taken away.
Omg you are a grown adult crying about someone making a joke about your rankings. Maybe you should step away from this website if it is causing you to lose sleep at night. come bak when your balls drop.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

kaneoheboy44,
I like doing the ranks, and I may do it another ten years,so I am not going anywhere.

anywaaaays!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by anywaaaays!! »

unpaid, you need to relax, my dude.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:18 pm
gopunahou wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm genks, this has happened before—I think for a week in 2013, this board was shut down. But maybe that’d be a good thing—considering 2013 is the last year we won the state championship.
It would suck if it got shut down. I just don’t think anything was said that was really bad enough to think about shutting down the board. Well, that’s my opinion and I hope it doesn’t get shut down.

You mentioned earlier that Punahou has never beaten Campbell, have they just not challenged each other or has Campbell beaten Punahou?
K706 correctly mentioned the last meeting, which was Deforest’s senior year. We lost, 14-0, and lost Luke Kaumatule for nearly the rest of the year.

Our other matchup was 1996 in the Prep Bowl 2nd place game.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Punahou and No.5 Campbell,

Campbell could have put themselves into the state title discussion if they had beaten Mililani last weekend.Mililani rolled the Sabers. I think Punahou takes the win here.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm Headliners this week,

Campbell could have put themselves into the state title discussion if they had beaten Mililani last weekend.Mililani rolled the Sabers. I think Punahou takes the win here.
Campbell can't afford a disastrous passing night against us. We've generated 7 interceptions over the past two games. Against Mililani, Campbell's QBs were lackluster.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:08 pm
unpaid wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm Headliners this week,

Campbell can't afford a disastrous passing night against us. We've generated 7 interceptions over the past two games. Against Mililani, Campbell's QBs were lackluster.
Coach DJ and son are fellow RR alums, but I hate to say it, the Puns are going to have their way with the Sabers.

The last couple of weeks have proven the following:
Class A - Crusaders
Class Ab - Big Red and Puns
Class Ac - Trojans

Everybody else.....imho.

RRFL!!!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

gopunahou,

I agree with you. I think that Campbell is at the point where they need to pick a starter at QB and the second guy needs to be the backup,not alternating series.
I think Campbell has two problems here.

1. They don't have a clear-cut starter at QB so they can't ever get the rest of the offense into sync with one guy at QB because they are still trying to play two guys there.

2. Punahou has some really good players everywhere on defense,not just the defensive backfield.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 pmSomething you and I have in common, our teams aren’t exactly the most popular. I gotta say you handle it very well. I can definetly be hard headed and jump into arguements defending my boys. I do try to stay respectful but I do say stupid stuff sometimes.

You seem to be the only Punahou fan and I the only Crusader fan. A few Kahuku fans, most seem to be just fans of Hawaii high school football.
Sorry this reply is coming late but both of love two of the least popular teams in the state (Iolani being the other). Unfortunately, my favorite Iolani user hasn't posted since about 2009 or 2010. But fortunately, we've both handled the hatred that comes our teams' way better than most fans of unpopular teams. We haven't made threads bashing haters of our favorite teams, played the victim, or said hypocritical things. Those are classic tactics some other users have used here in the past. However, the last thing our teams need here are fans who give the whole fanbase a bad name!