unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by gopunahou »

Very disappointing second half for us. I kind of wished that Kobe (our other QB) had played a bit--that is, if he's healthy. Remember, Hugh hasn't completely won the starting job. Regardless, this is something to build on.
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm It’d suck AIDS boto if St. Louis and Iolani dominate their respective divisions the way the Timmy Chang-era St. Louis teams and 2008-2010 Iolani teams dominated theirs, respectively. I know public schools would love that as much as they love massive budget cuts.
@gopunahou: As I type this, Punahou is up 14-7 over Kahuku. Both of Punahou's TDs came via the pass. If Punahou can pass like that against St Louis, they have a chance to beat St Louis. If Punahou beats Kahuku tonight, Punahou would be an even more legit threat to St Louis. As for Iolani in D1, I see only two schools that can challenge them: Leilehua and Kailua. Personally, I hope Kahuku dominates Open, and Kailua dominates D1. I'd be OK with Leilehua, but I prefer Kailua. Like you, I definitely do not want to see Iolani dominate D1.
I can't think of too many people who'd like it if BOTH St. Louis and Iolani won championships this year (though I do think there is one parent who's got kids who play for both Iolani and SLS). It sucks that we ain't playing Iolani this year, but you can also bet some Campbell fans feel the same way about their rivalry with Waipahu not happening this year. Same with Leilehua and Mililani.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Two,

1.Kahuku 2-0 Wore Punahou out.
2.Mililani 2-0 Bombed Farrington.
3.Punahou 0-1 drop one spot.
4.Kamehameha 1-0 beat Kapolei.
5.St.Louis 1-0 Thrashed Waianae. Narbonne,Harbor City,CA next.Aloha gonna be rockin.
6.Campbell 1-0 DNP
7.Leilehua 1-1 Mules bounce back with a win over Kailua.
8.Farrington 1-1
9.Kapolei 1-1
10.Iolani 2-0 dismantled Waipahu.

Waipahu drops out of the top ten for now.

The unofficial Open standings look like this

Kahuku,Kamehameha,Mililani,and St.Louis are tied for first at 1-0 all.Campbell in the middle at 0-0. Farrington,Kapolei,Punahou, and Waianae bring up the rear at 0-1 apiece.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

1.St.Louis
2.Kahuku
3.Mililani
4.Kamehameha
5.Punahou
6.Campbell
7.Kapolei
8.Farrington
9.Kapaa
10.Iolani

Until someone knocks St.Louis off, they remain #1. Good thing for Kapolei,Waianae their lost does not count in OIA standing. Hope those injured in the Kahuku game are not too bad. Sauvao looked pretty good. Dude got to learn to slide.

Straightupkanakz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Straightupkanakz »

[quote=anywaaaays!! post_id=590061 time=1534100766 user_id=10133]
[quote=unpaid post_id=590057 time=1534079235 user_id=3265]
Week Two,

5.St.Louis 1-0 Thrashed Waianae. Narbonne,Harbor City,CA next.Aloha gonna be rockin.
6.Campbell 1-0 DNP
8.Farrington 1-1
9.Kapolei 1-1
[/quote]

The only thing you got right in this poll is Kahuku being #1. ILH is a soft finesse league full of soft finesse teams. The only way they even win games is by recruiting. Pure recruiting. But Punahou came out to our house last night and got SMACKED IN THE MOUTH. ILH is gonna regret ever wanting to do this sham of an "OIA/ILH alliance."

You have leilehua over farrington when farrington dominated leilehua last week? As much as I hate Saint Lulu, there's no way that they should be ranked below Kam or Punahou.

Rankings should look like this

1. Kahuku
2. Saint Lulu
3. Mililani
4. Punahou (they put up a good fight until they got beat down because of their lack of toughness, mentally and physically. just soft all around).
5. Kamehameha
6. Campbell
7. Kapolei
8. Farrington
9. Iolani
10. Leilehua

RRFL!
[/quote]

Shaddapp! Bruh wassup with the disrespectful comments. I bet your not even a red raider but someone who wants to start trouble for kahuku. St.louis is the best team in the state and punahou couldve beaten kahuku last night. We dont need this kind trash talking in here just be humble or gtfo. From a real RRFL!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Narbonne is coming to Hawaii to play St.Louis next weekend.It will be the first game of the year for the Gaucho's. Here is a synopsis based on my searching through LATimes. Jaylen Henderson is going to be the QB. That means it will be New guy up from JV vs.new guy up from JV. St.Louis featured a strong receiver corps to compliment Jayden de Laura against Waianae.

In the past week, Narbonne scrimmaged a good but not elite LA team.According to LA Times, Henderson broke several long gainers with feet and arm.They appear to have two guys to run the ball effectively. The defense was said to look surprisingly good. To me, this means Narbonne might be a little less defensively than they were last year...when St.Louis won. The wild card is that three of the Gaucho WR's showed off their speed..again,this is according to the newspaper. So.we will see.

I still think St.Louis wins this one.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 am If you really are a real RRFL then idk why you sending me all this hate and arrogance. We all support the same team, the same school,the same community. Maybe YOU need to check yourself. STAY HUMBLE! BE GREAT! RRFL!
It’s because he knows you don’t need to trash everyone just to be a Kahuku supporter. There are plenty Red Raider fans on this board that get along great with everyone and we all have conversations and debates respectfully. it’s actually ok to be classy. That’s your one meal from me for this season, troll. Enjoy

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:32 am Narbonne is coming to Hawaii to play St.Louis next weekend.It will be the first game of the year for the Gaucho's. Here is a synopsis based on my searching through LATimes. Jaylen Henderson is going to be the QB. That means it will be New guy up from JV vs.new guy up from JV. St.Louis featured a strong receiver corps to compliment Jayden de Laura against Waianae.

In the past week, Narbonne scrimmaged a good but not elite LA team.According to LA Times, Henderson broke several long gainers with feet and arm.They appear to have two guys to run the ball effectively. The defense was said to look surprisingly good. To me, this means Narbonne might be a little less defensively than they were last year...when St.Louis won. The wild card is that three of the Gaucho WR's showed off their speed..again,this is according to the newspaper. So.we will see.

I still think St.Louis wins this one.
Great info

I’m concerned about their running and breaking screen open for huge gains. They blocked really well last year.

Not all of STL’s DBs have a lot of playing time also. Waianae barely passes so we didn’t get to see much from the secondary.

Very excited for this game! Delaura has a fairly easy game last week to knock off 2 years worth of rust. Next week will be a test for sure

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

As far I'm concerned, Until proven otherwise, Crusaders still #1, and I just can't stand them; but you have to give them props they deserve.

Good game by the Puns last night, but Big Red made the adjustments and proved too be powerful.

Crusaders looked really impressive, but Waianae this year looks to be in really bad shape. Anyone have the 411 on how many kids are out because of injury or academics for the Seariders?

RRFL!!!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:02 pm I give objective analysis: Punahou is a soft finesse team that plays in a soft league. I get flamed by people who want to just hate. It's all good, though. We were always enemies of the state. The entire playoff structure was designed for us to lose. We still push on. They created this merger to try to nail us, and what did we do? We pounded the first ILH team that came after us. We put the entire ILH on notice. They can't handle red raider football baby!

Although I can't take anybody seriously who thinks that Kamehameha should be ranked higher than punahou or that Saint Lulu should be ranked below Punahou and Kamehameha. That's crazy talk, even for this die hard Red Raiders fan. RRFL!
This inter league schedule benefits everyone. OIA teams aren’t even affected if they lose to an ILH team. Kahuku benefited greatly from that game against Punahou. They got quality work in against a good team, defense got to try a few different things against a strong passing team. Even if Kahuku did lose, they wouldn’t be “nailed”. It wouldn’t make a difference in their league.

Playoff structure also can’t be designed to work against Kahuku, seeing as how only 1 ILH team is allowed into states and last year Kahuku got the cakewalk against waianae and STL played Mililani.

It’s odd that you feel like Kahuku is the enemy of the state when every person in the state that’s not a Crusader fan will root for Kahuku to beat STL in the finals

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 pm Imagine, if a combo of STL, Punahou or Kam were the best 2 teams in the state, still only 1 would be allowed to play in the state tournament.

Not jumping to conclusions, not saying it’s true, just a thought.
@genks: This would be one time that jumping to conclusions might be justified. The way it looks now, St Louis will be ILH Open champ. The way they throw the ball, there's a good chance they'll beat Kahuku in the state Open title game. I want Kahuku to win, but I don't know that they can contain St Louis' pass game enough.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 pm Very disappointing second half for us. I kind of wished that Kobe (our other QB) had played a bit--that is, if he's healthy. Remember, Hugh hasn't completely won the starting job. Regardless, this is something to build on.
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm It’d suck AIDS boto if St. Louis and Iolani dominate their respective divisions the way the Timmy Chang-era St. Louis teams and 2008-2010 Iolani teams dominated theirs, respectively. I know public schools would love that as much as they love massive budget cuts.
@gopunahou: As I type this, Punahou is up 14-7 over Kahuku. Both of Punahou's TDs came via the pass. If Punahou can pass like that against St Louis, they have a chance to beat St Louis. If Punahou beats Kahuku tonight, Punahou would be an even more legit threat to St Louis. As for Iolani in D1, I see only two schools that can challenge them: Leilehua and Kailua. Personally, I hope Kahuku dominates Open, and Kailua dominates D1. I'd be OK with Leilehua, but I prefer Kailua. Like you, I definitely do not want to see Iolani dominate D1.
I can't think of too many people who'd like it if BOTH St. Louis and Iolani won championships this year (though I do think there is one parent who's got kids who play for both Iolani and SLS). It sucks that we ain't playing Iolani this year, but you can also bet some Campbell fans feel the same way about their rivalry with Waipahu not happening this year. Same with Leilehua and Mililani.
@gopunahou: The way things look now, St Louis will be the ILH Open champ. I don't think your alma mater can contain St Louis' pass game enough that their O can outscore them. Well, gopunahou, you know how I feel about your alma mater, so I wouldn't mind St Louis winning the ILH Open title. I'd much prefer that Kamehameha win it, since I don't particularly care for St Louis, either. But, Kamehameha doesn't have the O to be a legit contender for the ILH Open title. What you and I have in common is that we both don't care for Iolani School. You said it would "suck AIDS boto" if Iolani wins the ILH D1 and state D1 titles. Unfortunately, the way it's going, that seems likely to happen. I don't see anyone in the D1 division stopping them. As for Leilehua not playing Mililani, I think Leilehua alumni are glad. Mililani would kick Leilehua's butt.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am
unpaid wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 am Week Two,

6.Campbell 1-0 DNP
8.Farrington 1-1
9.Kapolei 1-1
The only thing you got right in this poll is Kahuku being #1. ILH is a soft finesse league full of soft finesse teams. The only way they even win games is by recruiting. Pure recruiting. But Punahou came out to our house last night and got SMACKED IN THE MOUTH. ILH is gonna regret ever wanting to do this sham of an "OIA/ILH alliance."

You have leilehua over farrington when farrington dominated leilehua last week? As much as I hate Saint Lulu, there's no way that they should be ranked below Kam or Punahou.

Rankings should look like this

1. Kahuku
2. Saint Lulu
3. Mililani
4. Punahou (they put up a good fight until they got beat down because of their lack of toughness, mentally and physically. just soft all around).
5. Kamehameha
6. Campbell
7. Kapolei
8. Farrington
9. Iolani
10. Leilehua

RRFL!
@anywaaaays!!: I'm not a Kahuku alumnus, but I do support them against Punahou and St Louis, because I don't care for those two schools. I'm very OK with Kahuku. Now, I do want Kahuku to beat St Louis, but I'm not sure St Louis is a "soft finesse" team. I think their D, in particular, is just as tough as Kahuku's. I'm willing to believe that perhaps St Louis' O might be a "soft finesse" unit, but not their D. When Kahuku plays St Louis, I think Kahuku's offensive front needs to strap-up real tight and resolve to kick the butts of St Louis' defensive front-seven. Kahuku's O-line coach needs to figure-out a way to kick St Louis D-lineman Tuitele's butt, but I don't even know that that's even possible. When there's a D-lineman as good as Tuitele, perhaps the most you can hope to do is blunt him. One thing that seems certain is that Kahuku's offensive front needs to come at St Louis' defensive front with fire in their eyes. I have a bad feeling that St Louis' defensive front is just as tough as Kahuku's offensive front. I don't want them to be, believe me. But, I think they are, unfortunately. Carvalho is a new coach, at least for the vars. Does he use big blocking-backs, like his predecessors? I hope so. Those big blocking-backs would be very useful in kicking St Louis LB butt, which also won't be easy. St Louis has some good LBs.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:23 pm
genks wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 pm Imagine, if a combo of STL, Punahou or Kam were the best 2 teams in the state, still only 1 would be allowed to play in the state tournament.

Not jumping to conclusions, not saying it’s true, just a thought.
@genks: This would be one time that jumping to conclusions might be justified. The way it looks now, St Louis will be ILH Open champ. The way they throw the ball, there's a good chance they'll beat Kahuku in the state Open title game. I want Kahuku to win, but I don't know that they can contain St Louis' pass game enough.
Can’t ever count Punahou out. I have lots of respect for them.

Same with Kahuku. One thing that makes the Kahuku vs St Louis match up exciting in the state finals is the fact that both teams can adjust and turn it on in the 2nd half. You can never go into halftime against either team and be confident that’s it’s in the bag. Gotta fight every quarter.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

rrforlifebaby wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:33 pm As far I'm concerned, Until proven otherwise, Crusaders still #1, and I just can't stand them; but you have to give them props they deserve.

Good game by the Puns last night, but Big Red made the adjustments and proved too be powerful.

Crusaders looked really impressive, but Waianae this year looks to be in really bad shape. Anyone have the 411 on how many kids are out because of injury or academics for the Seariders?

RRFL!!!
@rrforlifebaby: Was it just my imagination, or is Waianae kind of small on the line this year? Perhaps that's one reason they had trouble running on St Louis?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anywaaaays!! wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:02 pm I give objective analysis: Punahou is a soft finesse team that plays in a soft league. I get flamed by people who want to just hate. It's all good, though. We were always enemies of the state. The entire playoff structure was designed for us to lose. We still push on. They created this merger to try to nail us, and what did we do? We pounded the first ILH team that came after us. We put the entire ILH on notice. They can't handle red raider football baby!

Although I can't take anybody seriously who thinks that Kamehameha should be ranked higher than punahou or that Saint Lulu should be ranked below Punahou and Kamehameha. That's crazy talk, even for this die hard Red Raiders fan. RRFL!
@anywaaaays!!: I'm not really sure the ILH is a "soft" league; at least not the Open teams. For example, I have a hard time seeing St Louis' D and Kamehameha's D as "soft." I think those two defensive units are as tough as any to be found at the OIA Open schools. And, as much as I dislike Punahou School, they did give Kahuku High all they could handle for almost three quarters.

I do agree that there's no way St Louis should be ranked below Kamehameha, but given Kamehameha's defensive unit, I think there's an outside chance that they could upset Punahou. I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility, especially if Kamehameha's offensive unit gets better.