unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

genks wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 am
gopunahou wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 am On the subject of Punahou, I hope Koa Eldredge hasn't played his last game. If he chooses to play next season, he might be the 2nd-best WR in the state. I also wonder if Mililani would beat us if Brady and Vincent Terrell missed that game.
What makes you think Eldredge won't play next year? I think Punahou Receiver crew next year might be very scary. I thought overall they had a good season. Untimely injuries definitely put them in a hole against STL, but that's football. The healthiest team wins. Look at Kahuku's injuries. Total different team from the first game against Punahou.
I think Mililani would still lose because Punahou's defense owned Gabriel and the rest of his offense. Malepeai had some good runs, but Gabriel is the key and they caught him all night. Now on the flip side, watching the backup QB for Punahou also gave some promise because that boy played like a stud given the circumstances. Only a sophomore from what I saw. Good speed, good arm, goes through progressions. Punahou fans have something to look for next season, a QB battle will happen after that game. Terrell and Kaufusi was hurt and out for most of the game from what I heard in the last game which would explain why the hell would you throw the ball 63 times. Tough situation they got thrown in, but that's how it goes. Good job STL, Punahou next year will be a team too look out for again.
I also thought the Oline did a great job considering this is the best DLine in the state besides obviously the first play of the game. QB had a time and Oline did their job. Goodluck to your squad next year!
Was Kaufusi injured? That explains why he fumbled twice. Was he injured or got injured in the game?
He got hurt on that fumble I believe therefore you didn't see him for the rest of the game, heard he was slated to be out for the game but since he's a senior he was able to go back in for the last 2 series. No running game after the first 2 series. It would've been helpful to mix it up for the backup's case. That's why you just see STL drop back because Punahou couldn't run after? Or at least from what I saw

ka'ahupahau706

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

gopunahou wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm
gopunahou wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 am On the subject of Punahou, I hope Koa Eldredge hasn't played his last game. If he chooses to play next season, he might be the 2nd-best WR in the state. I also wonder if Mililani would beat us if Brady and Vincent Terrell missed that game.
What makes you think Eldredge won't play next year? I think Punahou Receiver crew next year might be very scary. I thought overall they had a good season. Untimely injuries definitely put them in a hole against STL, but that's football. The healthiest team wins. Look at Kahuku's injuries. Total different team from the first game against Punahou.
I think Mililani would still lose because Punahou's defense owned Gabriel and the rest of his offense. Malepeai had some good runs, but Gabriel is the key and they caught him all night. Now on the flip side, watching the backup QB for Punahou also gave some promise because that boy played like a stud given the circumstances. Only a sophomore from what I saw. Good speed, good arm, goes through progressions. Punahou fans have something to look for next season, a QB battle will happen after that game. Terrell and Kaufusi was hurt and out for most of the game from what I heard in the last game which would explain why the hell would you throw the ball 63 times. Tough situation they got thrown in, but that's how it goes. Good job STL, Punahou next year will be a team too look out for again.
I also thought the Oline did a great job considering this is the best DLine in the state besides obviously the first play of the game. QB had a time and Oline did their job. Goodluck to your squad next year!
Thanks man. Eldredge’s main sport is baseball and he could choose to focus solely on that next year since he’s one of the best baseball prospects in the state. Timmy Chang did something of the kind when he was a senior, choosing not to play basketball since his future lay with football. A lot of people don’t know this, but Timmy was a three-year starter in basketball and likely would’ve helped St. Louis win a state title had he played his senior year.
From what I hear, he's getting more looks for football so I'm pretty sure that might be his scholarship ticket! Didn't know that about Timmy Chang. That's unreal! But yeah, your WR crew is going to be scary. Eldredge, Moku Dancel-Evans, Kanoa Kalahiki or whatever #2's name is, Matangi Thompson who wore #9, and I saw a #25 out there and found out he's a sophomore. That boy could fly. So there's some promise there. Not too sure how many starters on the line you lose, but moving forward offensively, Punahou will be very good. Not bad for first year playcaller and former punahou all american, Robby Toma. Yes, I know plenty of Punahou people in the football world and I hear good things for them moving forward with that group.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:42 pm
genks wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Was Kaufusi injured? That explains why he fumbled twice. Was he injured or got injured in the game?
He got hurt on that fumble I believe therefore you didn't see him for the rest of the game, heard he was slated to be out for the game but since he's a senior he was able to go back in for the last 2 series. No running game after the first 2 series. It would've been helpful to mix it up for the backup's case. That's why you just see STL drop back because Punahou couldn't run after? Or at least from what I saw
Ah ok makes sense.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@gopunahou:
1. Well, why wouldn't Eldredge play next year?
2. Brady and Terrell are both on O, so: Are those two worth 29 pts? That was Punahou's margin of victory. Obviously, without them the game would have been closer. But with Punahou's D having held Campbell to 14 pts, I suspect Punahou would still have won, especially with the FG kicker they had.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm The deLaura/Gabriel match up is moot at this point. Mililani has a big game against Kahuku. The OIA championship is important to both teams. Game 1 with Mililani a wash. New OC at the beginning of the week, sloppy conditions and poor execution. All against a#2 team. Hopefully by tomorrow a better outcome. Again Alapa has to be used as a receiver to maximize his talent. Hopefully Kaniho is back to boost the dbs. Sure miss Ah You but, next man up. In any case, both Mililani and Kahuku will meet up with StL. I don't believe Campbell will get pass the semi, unless they beat Mililani.
@Markeke: But Campbell probably isn't going to beat Mililani, right?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm
Thanks man. Eldredge’s main sport is baseball and he could choose to focus solely on that next year since he’s one of the best baseball prospects in the state. Timmy Chang did something of the kind when he was a senior, choosing not to play basketball since his future lay with football. A lot of people don’t know this, but Timmy was a three-year starter in basketball and likely would’ve helped St. Louis win a state title had he played his senior year.
@gopunahou: Is Koa related to Boy? Is he Boy's son? If so, no wonder he's so into baseball. Isn't Boy baseball HC at BYU? Anyway, it looks like Punahou School will have a pretty good football team next year, with or without Eldredge.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

No.2 Mililani and No.4 Kahuku,

The Trojans have been about a touchdown better per game on offense than the Red Raiders have been so far this year.Mililani beat Kahuku straight up this year and ,Kahuku might make this game closer, but They have been a little inconsistent on defense this year and Mililani can exploit that for the win here.

No.5 Campbell and unranked Farrington,

Farrington was one of three 1-7 Open teams from the OIA who had to win a coin flip to even get into this game.
I just don't think Campbell could collapse enough in all phases of the game to lose this. Sabers for the win.

Maui and Baldwin,both unranked,

MIL title and states D-I slot on the line. Maui won the D-I MIL first round,while Baldwin took the second round game. What sticks out to me statistically, is that Maui is better defensively. They score more than they get scored on. Not the same with Baldwin. I like Maui for the win.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:30 pm
Markeke wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm The deLaura/Gabriel match up is moot at this point. Mililani has a big game against Kahuku. The OIA championship is important to both teams. Game 1 with Mililani a wash. New OC at the beginning of the week, sloppy conditions and poor execution. All against a#2 team. Hopefully by tomorrow a better outcome. Again Alapa has to be used as a receiver to maximize his talent. Hopefully Kaniho is back to boost the dbs. Sure miss Ah You but, next man up. In any case, both Mililani and Kahuku will meet up with StL. I don't believe Campbell will get pass the semi, unless they beat Mililani.
@Markeke: But Campbell probably isn't going to beat Mililani, right?
Right.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:33 pm@gopunahou: Is Koa related to Boy? Is he Boy's son? If so, no wonder he's so into baseball. Isn't Boy baseball HC at BYU? Anyway, it looks like Punahou School will have a pretty good football team next year, with or without Eldredge.
Yes. He's a legacy. I think Koa is the son. He might be Kaiana Eldredge's (who graduated in 2016) brother.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

kaneoheboy44
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kaneoheboy44 »

So can we just give saint louis the koa trophy already ?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Wow looks like the refs just robbed Farrington of a fumble and a TD?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Campbell freshman qb looks like he will be good

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

That first TD throw Gabriel made was impressive. He was getting hit on the way down when he let go of the ball.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

kaneoheboy44 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:51 pm So can we just give saint louis the koa trophy already ?
Come on don’t say that. We have 2 more big games

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Judging from tonight’s games, I wonder if injuries have hurt both Campbell and Kahuku.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!