unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
anywaaaays!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by anywaaaays!! »

i think it's clear by now that unpaid's poll is completely irrational. he had kahuku ranked 1, punahou ranked 2, and saint louis ranked 3 last week. saint louis handily beats kahuku. kahuku previously beat punahou by a large margin in the second half. both teams have one loss while saint louis is undefeated and he puts punahou at #1. LOL this is so unbelievably irrational that...

wait. i just got a call from unpaid. he actually released the WRONG poll! here's the actual correct poll.

1.Punahou 3-1 They beat Mililani. Yes, they have a loss, but that loss was against a very good Kahuku team.
2. Kahuku 3-1 Yes, they lost badly to Saint Louis. But Miki Ah You was injured and they beat Punahou at home, which is currently the #1 ranked team in my poll. Body of work, son. Respect it.
3.Campbell 4-0 I didn't even know they still had a football team but they're 4-0. holy crap!
4. Leilehua 4-1 Beat iolani. Therefore they beat Clackamas. It's tough traveling to the mainland to play a team and win!
5. Mililani 3-2 Lost to punahou but their school carnival is always pretty fun every year.
6. Kamehameha 2-2 The offense will either figure it out or Abu Ma'afala will go bald from tearing out his hair. Will accept bets on which happens first.
7. Sacred Hearts 100-1 Yes, Saint Louis beat Kahuku but I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I'm taking it out on their cheerleaders.
8. Clackamas, Oregon. Played iolani tough, which means they played leilehua tough, which means they played a tough OIA/ILH schedule so far.
9.Iolani 3-2 Clackamas. how do you lose to someone named clackamas?
10. Saint Louis 4-0 Their body of work prevents them from ranking higher. Their only wins were against a nationally ranked narbonne team that has losses to other highly ranked national powerhouses and a Kahuku team without Miki Ah You. They also dodged playing Mililani. Oh there was a hurricane warning that day? NO EXCUSES.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

:lol: :lol:
unpaid2 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:22 pm i think it's clear by now that unpaid's poll is completely irrational. he had kahuku ranked 1, punahou ranked 2, and saint louis ranked 3 last week. saint louis handily beats kahuku. kahuku previously beat punahou by a large margin in the second half. both teams have one loss while saint louis is undefeated and he puts punahou at #1. LOL this is so unbelievably irrational that...

wait. i just got a call from unpaid. he actually released the WRONG poll! here's the actual correct poll.

1.Punahou 3-1 They beat Mililani. Yes, they have a loss, but that loss was against a very good Kahuku team.
2. Kahuku 3-1 Yes, they lost badly to Saint Louis. But Miki Ah You was injured and they beat Punahou at home, which is currently the #1 ranked team in my poll. Body of work, son. Respect it.
3.Campbell 4-0 I didn't even know they still had a football team but they're 4-0. holy crap!
4. Leilehua 4-1 Beat iolani. Therefore they beat Clackamas. It's tough traveling to the mainland to play a team and win!
5. Mililani 3-2 Lost to punahou but their school carnival is always pretty fun every year.
6. Kamehameha 2-2 The offense will either figure it out or Abu Ma'afala will go bald from tearing out his hair. Will accept bets on which happens first.
7. Sacred Hearts 100-1 Yes, Saint Louis beat Kahuku but I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I'm taking it out on their cheerleaders.
8. Clackamas, Oregon. Played iolani tough, which means they played leilehua tough, which means they played a tough OIA/ILH schedule so far.
9.Iolani 3-2 Clackamas. how do you lose to someone named clackamas?
10. Saint Louis 4-0 Their body of work prevents them from ranking higher. Their only wins were against a nationally ranked narbonne team that has losses to other highly ranked national powerhouses and a Kahuku team without Miki Ah You. They also dodged playing Mililani. Oh there was a hurricane warning that day? NO EXCUSES.
:lol: :lol: :lol: that killed me

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 pm Headliners this week,

No.1 Punahou and No.2 St.Louis,

Momentum is on St.Louis' side.They have a elite defense. I don't see a blowout here ,though.Punahou has a QB who can make throws and receivers who can catch those throws. Still,I am going with the Crusaders for the win.

No.3 Kahuku and No.7 Kamehameha,

I think Kahuku wins,but Kamehameha will give them a tough time if the Red Raider lines can't do better against the Warriors lines than They did against St.Louis.

No.4 Campbell and No.6 Mililani,

The Sabers should chalk up the win here.Campbell can score enough to win against Mililani's defense. The Sabers ,to me have the better defense and can stop the Trojans enough to come out on top.

No.5 Leilehua and No.8 Moanalua,

Mules should win it. McGary is the X-factor.He should get his scores and take time off the clock while doing so. Na Menehune are going to have fewer opportunities for turnovers throught th air because the Mules won't have to throw the ball as much.

No.9 Damien and No.10 Iolani,

Damien has grit.Iolani plays smart football.Looks like a toss up, but I think Iolani will win.
One thing that might give Kamehameha a chance against Kahuku is the toll that playing St. Louis took on Kahuku. But I doubt it.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Yes, now that the meat of the Open season is happening, injuries WILL happen. As crunch time post season comes, you want your studs on deck. The last game of the Open season is the one that counts. The "hurricane" games or reschedule of StL.vs Mililani should be rescheduled. Why should all OPEN team pound out a complete 8 game and these 2 have only 7? Part of this Open thing was to play the best. Again the post OIA is murderers row for the OIA representative. Good luck to all teams and players. Hey, HS football fanatic good to hear from you.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

By the way the Punahou vs.Stl. game is hot. Aloha stadium is a fast field. The sod at Kahuku actually is detrimental for all teams. Same reason Kamehameha will fall at Kahuku.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Markeke wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am Yes, now that the meat of the Open season is happening, injuries WILL happen. As crunch time post season comes, you want your studs on deck. The last game of the Open season is the one that counts. The "hurricane" games or reschedule of StL.vs Mililani should be rescheduled. Why should all OPEN team pound out a complete 8 game and these 2 have only 7? Part of this Open thing was to play the best. Again the post OIA is murderers row for the OIA representative. Good luck to all teams and players. Hey, HS football fanatic good to hear from you.
I agree. I want my boys to throw down against Mililani and I bet the boys want to also. Most games they usually play 2-3 quarters, they are chomping at the bit for more action

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I would like to see Moanalua get on a roll here. Leilehua beat Iolani which is a great win. If Moanalua can get a win over the Mules they will carry lots of momentum against Damien.

Ive sat with Damien fans during the early games waiting for the Crusader game. When they walk in to the stadium, the Damien fans like to talk as if Damien has a prayer against STL. I guess they were super confident after blowing out PAC5. That’s cute. I wouldn’t mind seeing Moanalua upset them. There’s divisions for a reason

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kahuku 10, KSK 0

It’s tempting to think that Kahuku will run away with this, being that I thought the same thing when Mililani took that big lead against KSK. Of course, Kahuku ain’t Mililani, are they?

As for our game tomorrow, certain things CANNOT happen—such as blocked punts and more than two turnovers. We’ve also got to make St. Louis commit turnovers. We did that last week against Mililani, but St. Louis is a tougher challenge.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 pm Kahuku 10, KSK 0

It’s tempting to think that Kahuku will run away with this, being that I thought the same thing when Mililani took that big lead against KSK. Of course, Kahuku ain’t Mililani, are they?

As for our game tomorrow, certain things CANNOT happen—such as blocked punts and more than two turnovers. We’ve also got to make St. Louis commit turnovers. We did that last week against Mililani, but St. Louis is a tougher challenge.
Watching Kam’s qb play is making me feel bad for them. He’s trying to get picked off when he throws. The defense already looks worn down. Rough match up. Struggling offense vs Kahuku’s defense, jeez

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Bang! Great play at least it won’t be a shutout

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 pm Bang! Great play at least it won’t be a shutout
Regardless, KSK is facing a 3rd consecutive losing season. If it makes them feel better, that’s happened to us (1997-2000).

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Very respectable effort by the Warriors. Offense found some momentum, the game was on the shoulders of the defense as usual. Very tough team, but that offense just struggles so bad most of the time.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:19 pm
genks wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:34 pm Bang! Great play at least it won’t be a shutout
Regardless, KSK is facing a 3rd consecutive losing season. If it makes them feel better, that’s happened to us (1997-2000).
They need a qb in the worst way. A good accurate qb would do wonders for them. They could’ve beaten Campbell and Mililani if they had at least a decent offense. They had close games with a poor offense. They’re a few players away, but the pieces they’re missing happen to be the most important. Can’t question their heart.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

It seems that if you limit McGary ,you can beat Leilehua.Moanalua certainly made a plan to stop the Mules on the ground and it paid off with a victory. Now,you know Coach Kurisu is going to make some adjustments with the line and tinker with some of the sets to free up McGary. It will be an interesting chess battle in the D-I Alliance on Oahu. Moanalua,Leilehua,Damien,Waipahu,and Iolani are all contenders so far.

I'm liking Kapolei more each week. The Hurricanes are up to 3-2. They have solidified their offense behind the sophomore QB and have two backs who can go over a hundred yards rushing. As usual,big lines that match up in terms of size with anybody in the state and some physical linebackers. A late season push could get Kapolei back in the running for a shot at the state tournament.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:00 am It seems that if you limit McGary ,you can beat Leilehua.Moanalua certainly made a plan to stop the Mules on the ground and it paid off with a victory. Now,you know Coach Kurisu is going to make some adjustments with the line and tinker with some of the sets to free up McGary. It will be an interesting chess battle in the D-I Alliance on Oahu. Moanalua,Leilehua,Damien,Waipahu,and Iolani are all contenders so far.

I'm liking Kapolei more each week. The Hurricanes are up to 3-2. They have solidified their offense behind the sophomore QB and have two backs who can go over a hundred yards rushing. As usual,big lines that match up in terms of size with anybody in the state and some physical linebackers. A late season push could get Kapolei back in the running for a shot at the state tournament.
Didn’t see the game but I was happy with the outcome. I know Leilehua is tough but you can’t win games only scoring field goals. Hope Moanalua’s offense can put up some TDs next week